We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: News about HomeKit and Vera  (Read 307388 times)

Offline FastFreddi

• Sr. Newbie
Re: News about HomeKit and Vera
« Reply #555 on: October 16, 2016, 10:44:51 am »
I'll post updated instructions for Chroot in a little bit when I get a chance to figure it out.

Offline asggold

« Reply #556 on: October 16, 2016, 12:16:23 pm »
I'll post updated instructions for Chroot in a little bit when I get a chance to figure it out.

Thanks!  Won't have a chance to take a look until later today anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FastFreddi

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #557 on: October 16, 2016, 08:42:54 pm »
I'll create a new thread cause this might be hijacking this one

Offline asggold

« Reply #558 on: October 16, 2016, 09:01:21 pm »
Thanks!  I have tried to install and followed all the directions on-line to install Debian Chroot to my Synology DiskStation but just like Docker it never shows up in my package center.  ???

Offline Corpze

« Reply #559 on: October 17, 2016, 10:26:17 am »
I have been trying to install homebridge on a Raspberry Pi 2, following Sprut's tutorial without any success :(

Is there anyone who has been able to install homebridge on a Rpi2?

/Corpze

Offline evgenyk

« Reply #560 on: October 27, 2016, 07:41:10 am »
Hello community, so far i was just reading and this is my first post :) , i successfully installed both
Hackworth/VeraHomeKitBridge and damianxd/homebridge-vera

However VeraHomeKitBridge does not recognize dimmable lights as dimmable on rgb controller
homebridge-vera successfully recognized RGB led as dimmable, but when exporting scenes from Vera it doesnt group them...
If for example i have 2 scenes called Purple  - On, and Purple - Off... VeraHomeKitBridge will export it as a single scene but homebridge-vera will show both

And last question anyone added support for rgb devices in homekit? i see this plugin https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-better-http-rgb, anyone made it work with fibaro rgbw controller

Thanks

Offline rlmalisz

« Reply #561 on: November 24, 2016, 09:33:32 pm »
So here's a simple question, and I fear I know the answer: do either of the Vera Homekit Bridge implementations discussed here actually push device status updates to HomeKit?  In other words, if I flip a switch (or use Vera to flip a switch), does the bridge notice quickly (when Vera notices) and forward that info to the HomeKit hub?  I am guessing "no" is the answer to one or both of those, but am asking for sanity's sake.

--Richard

Offline asggold

« Reply #562 on: November 24, 2016, 10:06:36 pm »
So here's a simple question, and I fear I know the answer: do either of the Vera Homekit Bridge implementations discussed here actually push device status updates to HomeKit?  In other words, if I flip a switch (or use Vera to flip a switch), does the bridge notice quickly (when Vera notices) and forward that info to the HomeKit hub?  I am guessing "no" is the answer to one or both of those, but am asking for sanity's sake.

--Richard

I believe, if I understand your question correctly, the answer is "Yes".  For example: If I have one of my lights on and switch it off using the actual switch it shows automatically on my Home iPhone App.

Offline CelticWebs

« Reply #563 on: November 25, 2016, 04:14:20 am »

--Richard

The homekit app does indeed update quickly, the only issue I get is atet I get random notifications of doors being used from time to time, I'm assuming its' some kind of crash in the bridge which causes it to update again in the HomeKit app.  That part is a little annoying, the rest is great and works perfectly 99% of the time.

Offline rlmalisz

« Reply #564 on: November 25, 2016, 12:35:24 pm »

--Richard

The homekit app does indeed update quickly, the only issue I get is atet I get random notifications of doors being used from time to time, I'm assuming its' some kind of crash in the bridge which causes it to update again in the HomeKit app.  That part is a little annoying, the rest is great and works perfectly 99% of the time.

And you are using which instantiation?  I'm running the Hackworth version, and see no indication that it hears anything from Vera after startup.  If you're using the Damianx version, has he gotten dimmer support added yet?

--Richard

Offline asggold

« Reply #565 on: November 25, 2016, 06:12:32 pm »
I am running the version using the steps from post one of these posts. My dimmers are all working. The only thing I can't get working are the thermostats and stereo.

Offline hubmania

« Reply #566 on: December 07, 2016, 12:11:36 pm »
Howdy,

I have my new VeraPlus up and running. I have not moved too much over yet from ST2 to Vera, but I have enough to test.
I have Homebridge running with the ST2 plugin. And it works very well. I'm running it on this iMac.

Now I would like to test Vera with homekit. After reading 38 pages in this thread, I'm not going to assume anything except that there are two ways to go... is that right?

Which one should I start with? Are the instructions on github or elsewhere?

Thank you!

Offline boojew

« Reply #567 on: December 19, 2016, 08:45:16 pm »
Hey guys  - Ive seen a few comments here, but not any resolution to the issues w/ delay on Homekit getting status and issuing commands. I've user verahomekitbridge and homebridge-vera and while homebridge is better, they both seem to suffer from random delays either pushing updates to homekit (or getting the updates from Vera) and sometimes on executing on tasks. Delays are anywhere from 2-90s and sometimes they fail entirely

Anyone had any luck with solving this? I've also noticed that homebridge logging seems to be broken :(

Offline djrobx

« Reply #568 on: December 24, 2016, 11:42:40 am »
I just got this running on my PFSense box.

For anyone looking to get this working on a FreeBSD variant, this page is gold:

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/homebridge-jail.40754/

It almost works just following those steps.     Just so they aren't lost, here they are again, with vera specific modifications.   I had started out trying to get Hackworth's bridge going, but wound up with a working homebridge.   So it turned out to be easier to proceed with damianxd's module.    I was just happy to have SOMETHING working.  :)

pkg install -y node npm dbus avahi-libdns gcc48 git
npm config set registry http://registry.npmjs.org/
npm install --unsafe-perm -g node-gyp
sysrc dbus_enable="YES"
sysrc avahi_daemon_enable="YES"
ln -s /usr/local/include/avahi-compat-libdns_sd/dns_sd.h /usr/include/dns_sd.h
env CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc48 CXX=/usr/local/bin/g++48 npm install -g homebridge

npm install -g pm2
service dbus start
service avahi-daemon start
pm2 startup
sysrc pm2_enable="YES"
mkdir ~/.homebridge
cp /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/config-sample.json ~/.homebridge/config.json

Edit and configure ~/.homebridge/config.json, then?

pm2 start homebridge -- -D

I additionally had to copy /usr/include headers from a similar, regular FreeBSD box into (scp -r 'root@mybsdbox:/usr/include/*' /usr/include) in order to allow the build to complete, because the PFSense distro appears to be very limited and the headers don't seem to be in a FreeBSD package.   I just made a quick VM with the same FreeBSD that the PFSense distro was based on to get that.   Someone might know a better way.

Seems to work great so far.   My poor phone was so bombarded with new accessories at first.  Be sure to create the ROOMs in your HomeKit before you add the bridge so you can assign each accessory to a room, it will add them them one by one.   I have over 80 devices in my little Vera2.     One other thing is that it will crash and not load if you have two scenes with the same name.   I never even knew I had two identical scenes until I saw a guid collision in the startup message.

Good stuff.   Thanks to those who provided these solutions.  I really didn't want to start over with another smarthome hub.   
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:38:05 pm by djrobx »

Offline CelticWebs

« Reply #569 on: December 24, 2016, 03:59:12 pm »

--Richard

And you are using which instantiation?  I'm running the Hackworth version, and see no indication that it hears anything from Vera after startup.  If you're using the Damianx version, has he gotten dimmer support added yet?

--Richard
Sorry for the delayed reply, I've downloaded and installed the bw systems version, I've never used the hackworth one so I don't know if there's any difference.