Author Topic: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)  (Read 43177 times)

Offline bton

PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)
« on: April 17, 2015, 05:37:04 pm »
In the latest firmware update, Vera has new plugin for Nest.  It's called VeraConnect WWN.  It uses Work With Nest authorization scheme.  I tried it and got Authorization code from Nest.  However, I still got the error Vera Connect WWN Can't Detect Device.  Anyone successfully added the Nest thermostat using this new plugin?

Offline seanh

• Sr. Newbie
Re: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 12:23:23 am »
I had a similar issue and quick call to support got it resolved and the new setup with nest is really nice.

Offline hmspain

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 12:29:42 am »
I had a similar issue and quick call to support got it resolved and the new setup with nest is really nice.

A phone call, or an Email?
VeraPlus (1); Cameras (6), Sirens (2), Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (42), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Nest Thermostat Gen3 (1), HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline seanh

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 01:18:20 am »
Phone call has always been quicker response for me.

Offline j3390659

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 10:56:19 am »
I upgraded to the latest firmware on my Vera Edge.

I am able to have it work after 2 attempts.

Remember to refresh your browser after you key in the PIN from WWN.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 06:27:46 pm by j3390659 »

Offline bton

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 03:53:01 pm »

Do you know what they did in your system?

Offline hmspain

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 06:05:06 pm »

Do you know what they did in your system?

I asked, and got the impression he didn't want to share.  I was asking so I could simply do it next time.  I tried prompting him with /var/log/cmh log files? ... and got the impression I was headed for "You hacked your Vera, no support for you!".

Perhaps there are tmp files you can remove, but I suspect they just rip out log files.  I don't mind calling them to do the upgrade as long as they are responsive.

I'm looking forward to the NEXT Vera that has sufficient disk space...
VeraPlus (1); Cameras (6), Sirens (2), Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (42), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Nest Thermostat Gen3 (1), HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline jwwilhelm

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 10:01:37 am »
I've got the thermostat added, authenticated, and showing up in the UI.  The UI displays the correct current setpoint and current tempterature; however, when I try to change the setpoint, I get an error stating that the "Temperature F value is too low".  I get this even when trying to set the temp to 70 deg F which I'm pretty sure should be an appropriate setpoint.  No luck with support yet.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 03:52:14 pm »
So I take it that WWN doesn't include their Protect devices. I upgraded to UI7 this morning and noticed the loss of Watou's plugin for the stat but sure enough the Protects are still intact - albeit I have no idea if they still work.
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline hmspain

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 04:10:59 pm »
So I take it that WWN doesn't include their Protect devices. I upgraded to UI7 this morning and noticed the loss of Watou's plugin for the stat but sure enough the Protects are still intact - albeit I have no idea if they still work.

My understanding is that WWN (what an odd acronym "Works With Nest" sigh) logs into your nest.com account and if that account has your Protect(s) registered, they will show up in Vera.

All five of my Protects went offline when I upgraded my router.  They all had to be re-added to my Nest account.  Meantime, Vera though all five Protects were just fine.

Offline watou

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 04:18:26 pm »

You're saying that not only did Vera write a new Nest plugin (instead of fix/document how I could make mine look good under UI7), but they also disabled/removed part/all of mine from existing users? Wow. If true, what a sad mess.

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 04:26:24 pm »
Ah, there you go... I couldn't tell if they were online or offline as I'm new to this whole UI7 thing. Thanks for the info...

My understanding is that WWN (what an odd acronym "Works With Nest" sigh) logs into your nest.com account and if that account has your Protect(s) registered, they will show up in Vera.

All five of my Protects went offline when I upgraded my router.  They all had to be re-added to my Nest account.  Meantime, Vera though all five Protects were just fine.
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline Ramias

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 05:59:53 pm »
Is anybody using this with the Envisalink Alarm module (In my case, to a DSC but that may not matter).

I'm seeing compatibility issues.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,31953.0.html

Offline flux103

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2015, 03:23:14 pm »
I have the WWN plugin installed and everything but fan mode and temperature set point work. when changing the setpoint i also get the error "Temperature F value is too low". I cannot change the fan mode. Hopefully there is a fix for this as why would one want a thermostat that you cannot change your setpoint from your automation controller?

Offline bton

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 01:42:01 pm »
I've got the thermostat added, authenticated, and showing up in the UI.  The UI displays the correct current setpoint and current tempterature; however, when I try to change the setpoint, I get an error stating that the "Temperature F value is too low".  I get this even when trying to set the temp to 70 deg F which I'm pretty sure should be an appropriate setpoint.  No luck with support yet.  Has anyone else had this issue?

I got same issue.  In addition to that, setting temp from the plugin does not have affect on the Nest.  It does not change at all.