Author Topic: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)  (Read 39707 times)

Offline hmspain

Re: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 01:46:42 pm »
I've got the thermostat added, authenticated, and showing up in the UI.  The UI displays the correct current setpoint and current tempterature; however, when I try to change the setpoint, I get an error stating that the "Temperature F value is too low".  I get this even when trying to set the temp to 70 deg F which I'm pretty sure should be an appropriate setpoint.  No luck with support yet.  Has anyone else had this issue?

I got same issue.  In addition to that, setting temp from the plugin does not have affect on the Nest.  It does not change at all.

Same here; annoying, but not a show stopper since I only use the Vera thermostat to set Home and Away.  You would think that with all the fuss about killing the neat 3rd party app and replacing it with a Vera native app, it would at least ... well, work!
VeraPlus (1); Cameras (6), Sirens (2), Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (42), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Nest Thermostat Gen3 (1), HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline jwwilhelm

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 09:46:53 am »

I've got the thermostat added, authenticated, and showing up in the UI.  The UI displays the correct current setpoint and current tempterature; however, when I try to change the setpoint, I get an error stating that the "Temperature F value is too low".  I get this even when trying to set the temp to 70 deg F which I'm pretty sure should be an appropriate setpoint.  No luck with support yet.  Has anyone else had this issue?

I got same issue.  In addition to that, setting temp from the plugin does not have affect on the Nest.  It does not change at all.

Same here; annoying, but not a show stopper since I only use the Vera thermostat to set Home and Away.  You would think that with all the fuss about killing the neat 3rd party app and replacing it with a Vera native app, it would at least ... well, work!

I have no idea what they did, but Vera support was able to take care of this issue remotely.  I can now change the set point.  I did run into another issue where I cannot change the set point when the thermostat is in auto away mode (which is almost always the mode it is in when I want to change the set point on my way home from a weekend trip).  As a crutch, I can force it into manual away mode and back to home mode.  Support has notified me that this issue has been submitted to the development team.

Offline kalex1114

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 07:15:23 pm »
Stupid question but is this only for UI7?  or will it work on UI5?

Offline redloro

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 05:00:44 pm »
Has anyone been able to get this to work with a new VeraEdge? Got my first Vera yesterday and can't get this damn thing to work. Continue to get errors with authorization and not being able to find the device. Horrible first time user experience.

andreimios

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 10:56:57 am »
Hi all,

We didn't expected but the last firmware upgrade broke the libraries used by WWN plugin. We found an workaround until we fix this issue but please note the following:

- This workaround is not fully tested. It worked on every test I made but I cannot guarantee that this solution is bug free until we run some more tests.
- Using this workaround will disable the new added Digest Authentication. You will no longer be able to use it.

If you chose to use this workaround, please copy paste the following code in "Apps/Develop Apps/Test Luup Code", hit "GO" button, reload the engine and authorize the plugin.

Code: [Select]
os.execute("opkg install http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ramips/mt7620a/packages/libcurl_7.36.0-1_ramips_24kec.ipk")
os.execute("opkg install http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ramips/mt7620a/packages/curl_7.36.0-1_ramips_24kec.ipk")
os.execute("opkg install http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ramips/mt7620a/packages/libpolarssl_1.3.7-1_ramips_24kec.ipk")

In order to revert the changes(for enabling Digest authentication) you can use the following code in "Test Luup Code" :

os.execute("opkg remove --force-depends libpolarssl")
os.execute("opkg remove --force-depends curl")
os.execute("opkg remove --force-depends libcurl")
os.execute("opkg update")
os.execute("opkg install libpolarssl")
os.execute("opkg install curl")
os.execute("opkg install libcurl")

We are sorry for the inconvenience, we are working to provide you a fix as soon as possible.
Thank you for understating!

Best regards,

- Andrei -

Offline dubbedout

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 07:17:37 pm »
Hi all,

We didn't expected but the last firmware upgrade broke the libraries used by WWN plugin. We found an workaround until we fix this issue but please note the following:

- This workaround is not fully tested. It worked on every test I made but I cannot guarantee that this solution is bug free until we run some more tests.
- Using this workaround will disable the new added Digest Authentication. You will no longer be able to use it.

If you chose to use this workaround, please copy paste the following code in "Apps/Develop Apps/Test Luup Code", hit "GO" button, reload the engine and authorize the plugin.

os.execute("opkg install http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ramips/mt7620a/packages/libcurl_7.36.0-1_ramips_24kec.ipk")
os.execute("opkg install http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ramips/mt7620a/packages/curl_7.36.0-1_ramips_24kec.ipk")
os.execute("opkg install http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ramips/mt7620a/packages/libpolarssl_1.3.7-1_ramips_24kec.ipk")

In order to revert the changes(for enabling Digest authentication) you can use the following code in "Test Luup Code" :

We are sorry for the inconvenience, we are working to provide you a fix as soon as possible.

Best regards,

- Andrei -
This code doesn't work on my VeraEdge.  I'm stuck with "Vera Connect WWN : Invalid or missing TOKEN! Please go to 'Authorize' tab and authorize VeraConnect once again!" no matter how many times I've gone through the process it doesn't work.  I removed all MIOS connections from Nest, tried to re-authorize and it doesn't work.

Offline skr25

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 10:16:28 pm »
Thanks. This workaround is working for me.

Offline erikbaar

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 11:07:09 pm »
Worked for me...thanks for posting. 

andreimios

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 02:20:37 am »
@dubbedout

Please submit a support ticket and my colleagues will help you with this.

Best Regards,

- Andrei -

Offline dlca1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 07:25:02 am »

I have the same question. Does anybody know if this is ui7 only?

thanks

andreimios

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 08:01:04 am »
Hi dlca1,

thanks

Last firmware upgrade included also an OpenWRT update but only for VeraEdge so the plugin should be broken only on these gateways.

Best Regards,

- Andrei -

Offline kalex1114

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 11:16:34 am »
Hi dlca1,

thanks

Last firmware upgrade included also an OpenWRT update but only for VeraEdge so the plugin should be broken only on these gateways.

Best Regards,

- Andrei -

answer wasn't clear. is this UI7 only or will it work on UI5?  I called support and was told that its only for UI7 devices

Offline mostlychris

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 02:28:50 pm »
I used the workaround on my veraedge and it authenticated again.  Took me a couple of days to find this post and know what to do.

Offline Mg9H

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2015, 02:08:13 am »
This works for me. Thanks!

Hi all,

Best regards,

- Andrei -

Offline dubbedout

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2015, 06:38:49 pm »
@dubbedout

Please submit a support ticket and my colleagues will help you with this.

Best Regards,

- Andrei -

Andrei,
     I submitted a support ticket on July 6th, still haven't heard back.  What's the normal turn around time on support tickets?

Thanks.

Edit:  I got a response shortly after posting this.  All is well with my WWN plugin now!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:16:57 pm by dubbedout »