We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)  (Read 79088 times)

Offline ppdan

Re: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2017, 08:15:04 am »
It worked for me for a couple of days and now I have the same problem again for about a week so I don't think this is solved.

Offline chuck1026

« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2017, 09:17:19 am »
It worked for me for a couple of days and now I have the same problem again for about a week so I don't think this is solved.

I hope there Vera has a fix soon. I was going to uninstall and re-install the app but I hate to do it... lots of side-work with scenes when I change a device number and so on.
UI7 / VeraPlus.... YAY, more stable than ever!

Offline peanutlasko

« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2017, 05:57:12 pm »
I was having the same problem everyone else has reported but was able to fix the issue.

I did this by going to the nest website (https://home.nest.com) logging in, clicking in the upper right corner (three horizontal lines), clicking "Account", choosing "Works with Nest" and removing all connections from MiOS.

After all of them were deleted, I re-did the activation token inside Vera and was able to get a security code and now my Nest Works again.

I should also mention I uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin in my Vera before trying this and it didn't fix the issue.

Offline bsteimel

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2017, 02:26:46 pm »
I second the last person.  I removed the connection on the nest site and re-authorized and everything is now fine. 

Offline ickyb0d

« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2017, 11:14:03 am »
For what it's worth, I had been unable to get mine to re-auth until i did the following:

• Uninstall the VeraConnect WWN
  • Install the VeraConnect WWN Deauthorization Service
  • Uninstall the VeraConnect WWN Deauthorization Service
  • Remove ALL WWN connections in my Nest Account (previously had a bunch of Amazon Echo connections as well)
  • Logout of my Nest account
  • Install the VeraConnect WWN
  • Click the Authorize link and authorize WWN with my account

Offline dfortier

« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2017, 02:42:28 pm »
Tried that and no luck for me.  However, there are no connections under my works with nest page for me to delete.

Offline Ghostm

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2017, 09:44:00 pm »
Is anyone able to adjust the nest when using Celsius in .5 degree increments which is how the nest works in Celsius?  I am amazed this does not work along with a host of other things, vera and the developer seemingly have abandoned support for the most popular thermostat on the market, its a mess.

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2017, 05:55:33 am »
It seems like the app autoupdated and the new version now constantly shows my CO sensors as tripped causing all my sirens to scream.
I need a link to downgrade to the version before 0.67

Help!!
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2017, 06:20:34 am »
It seems like the app autoupdated and the new version now constantly shows my CO sensors as tripped causing all my sirens to scream.
I need a link to downgrade to the version before 0.67

Help!!

Found it myself

Code: [Select]
http://<yourveraip>:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8151&Version=32600

Will bring back V0.48

Andrei... you got an annoying bug to fix on 0.67!
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline Zoro

« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2017, 04:34:26 pm »
For what it's worth, I had been unable to get mine to re-auth until i did the following:

• Uninstall the VeraConnect WWN
  • Install the VeraConnect WWN Deauthorization Service
  • Uninstall the VeraConnect WWN Deauthorization Service
  • Remove ALL WWN connections in my Nest Account (previously had a bunch of Amazon Echo connections as well)
  • Logout of my Nest account
  • Install the VeraConnect WWN
  • Click the Authorize link and authorize WWN with my account

@ickyb0d

I tried this and everything seemed to work until I tried to re-install the Vera Connect WWN. It said it was already installed (but I wasn't listed in my apps). Any ideas?

Z

UPDATE: I used altui to delete the Vera Connect WWN plugin and once that was accomplished your procedure above worked. Thanks
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:55:16 am by Zoro »

Marc Shenker

« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2017, 05:59:40 pm »
Bases on what is being said here there appears to be an issue in the plugin.

I have already sent a message to the Connected Devices Team that they will see when they get in. 

What would help us identify the issue and resolve it would be to have a user or users submit a ticket with Customer Customer with verbose logging turned on and remote access enabled and the code in the ticket.

I have already asked our Team Lead to keep an eye out for incoming tickets on this issue.

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2017, 01:09:17 am »
Thanks Marc,

See I am not the only one having this problem:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,46925.0.html

The latest 0.67 version is falsely reporting all the nest protects (I have 3) CO sensors to be tripped. I did not dig into the code and just downgraded to 0.48
I don't have the good habit of collecting logs but I think this would be fairly easy to reproduce and should not require any log.

guest161209

« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2017, 09:38:31 am »
Hello everybody!

My first post here, I'm the Connected Objects Manager that handles the team responsible for plugin development.
First I would like to thank you for pointing us the problem, we really appreciate having you guys coming with feedback and sometimes solutions even before us.
We were so busy with the Nest thermostat these days that we dropped the ball on the CO detector, we've identified the problem in the plugin and fixed it and we're still doing our final checks before releasing a new version next week.

While we do our checks and especially for those of you that don't want to wait another weekend, how about you guys take a look at it for yourself now? Just bare in mind that it's unreleased and it might still hold a few surprises, we certainly hope not.

Also! Big BIG note here: Before jumping to it, please note that using it disables further auto updates for this specific plugin, the guys that also rolled back to the previous version should note this as well so when we come back with the official fix you'll need to uninstall and reinstall the plugin to have it automatically update in the future! Just so you know.

http://<yourveraip>:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8151&Version=33046

The <yourveraip> should be replaced appropriately with your controller's IP. The difference from the previously reported URL is the number at the end being 33046 instead of just 32600 so you can always roll back using the same URL pattern but with the other older version number.

As I said, we value your feedback so we expect more of it and of course we'll give our best in acting on it.

Thank you!

Offline hellovn

« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2017, 10:20:07 am »
Your link upgrades the plugin to v. 0.68. I will report if i still see the false alarm.

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2017, 12:12:51 pm »
Thanks Mircea for the details.