Author Topic: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)  (Read 39493 times)

Offline scottymac

Re: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)
« Reply #210 on: February 16, 2017, 08:57:36 am »
Hi Guys,

My Nest is working fine if I go into the device I can change the temp up and down etc but when I create a scene to set the temp I cannot change it. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Offline tbully

« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2017, 10:26:30 am »
Hi Guys,

My Nest is working fine if I go into the device I can change the temp up and down etc but when I create a scene to set the temp I cannot change it. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Check out the previous two posts.   That's likely it.   BS, in my opinion.

Offline roelofzo

« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2017, 11:10:41 pm »
anyone care to upload 0.48? where could i find it?

thx! ;D

Offline detailme

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2017, 04:11:29 am »
Hi, seems a common problem on the latest version as people have left reviews for the plugin stating the same problem.
Once installed, the pluggin states it needs to be authorized etc but the app isnt showing on the dashboard anywhere.
Tried reinstalling but its still not showing. I have open a case with vera but any ideas people!?
I have UI5, hopefully that isn't the issue

Many thanks
Chris

Offline Mircea-Ionut Teletin

• C. O. Manager
  • Connected Objects
  • Sr. Newbie
  • Connected Objects
« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2017, 08:06:39 am »
@detailme: The latest Nest plugin works only with UI7, so I'm afraid this is the likely reason. Also you'll need the latest firmware as we made some changes to to assist the plugin in fixing some of the bad stuff we had.

@roelofzo: All versions are available, you just need to know the URL to it. See previous posts for 0.48 if this is what you really want to do, however, there are a lot of fixes in 0.68 (like auth/deauth issues that were present before).

@tbully: It's inconvenient but we aim for this to be temporary. We're not resting on our hands. We had some similar road blocks with Alexa and we got past them. Imagine a burglar shouting loud through the window: Alexa open garage door. If we solved this we're going to get past these problems as well. Some small news here, we're reworking the way our thermostat UI looks on mobile and web, hint: 1/2 set points anyone?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 08:08:38 am by Mircea-Ionut Teletin »

Offline drewcovi

« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2017, 01:06:08 pm »
@mcvflorin @Mircea-Ionut Teletin

It seems the latest version of this plugin has a misalignment with "auto-away" status. It appears in the user_data request, but not in the UI.  I know that "auto-away" is now depreciated (as per Nest Developer documentation).  Shouldn't this instead be Away then?

Right now when geofencing triggers away from the Nest, nothing is selected in UI7 (because the Nest Presence widget only accounts for Home and Away).

• C. O. Manager
  • Connected Objects
  • Sr. Newbie
  • Connected Objects
« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2017, 10:32:46 am »
I have great news! We'll be back with an announcement!

Offline doctorkb

« Reply #217 on: June 07, 2017, 05:25:04 pm »

You had me on pins and needles for 24 hours.  Still no announcement! :(

Offline gPaq

« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2017, 10:15:23 pm »

You had me on pins and needles for 24 hours.  Still no announcement! :(

Likely related to announcement (received copy in email)...

"We?re excited to announce that the 7.21 software update will be released on Monday June,19. It includes a broad array of bug fixes, performance improvements, and new device interoperability.

Important: As a customer with Nest devices connected to your Vera controller, we want to make sure you?re ready to take full advantage of our newest and most full featured Works with Nest plug-in, as soon as it is available."

• C. O. Manager
  • Connected Objects
  • Sr. Newbie
  • Connected Objects
« Reply #219 on: June 15, 2017, 03:29:41 am »
Hi Guys!

Happy to announce that we're going to release a proper Works With Nest plugin + firmware + mobile apps that we worked really hard for together with Nest! They've been instrumental in helping us improve your experience and we had great communication while working. We're Nest users ourselves so we put some extra passion on this last bits of work.

For all of you, next Monday you'll all be able to upgrade to our latest firmware version 7.21 and we'll be releasing mobile apps (iOS first, Android a tad later) and the newest and shiniest Works With Nest plugin.

I'm sure you'll all appreciate the work we've put into this one as we've changed a few things in how we work as a team internally and the results should speak for themselves.

Now for the hard part: Some of the things we wanted to do for Nest needed deep changes in our firmware and mobile apps so this means that for the new Nest Plugin that we'll be releasing to work you also need the latest firmware otherwise the plugin will refuse to start. Our mobile apps also need to be the latest we'll be releasing (Android will be released after iOS).

We've also used this opportunity to make all of the thermostats better with our platform so we've made a lot of changes and improvements with this regard and thermostats in general will get a lot better down the line really fast! We've moved back to 2 set-points instead of just one and we've planned better support in general for thermostats that have special set modes like Eco and so on. This is not just a platform improvement but for the mobile apps as well. All three of them!

Bonus: We're working on the Windows app for Nest, I know a lot of developers are leaving Windows behind... we just don't do this and it will be just as great (if not better in some areas) as the iOS and Android app! This is in the works now and we have nothing official that we can release at this point, I'm just giving away info because this forum is special!

This release does not mean we'll stop working for the Nest integration! We still have work to do and we'll get back with more (room and custom device name synchronization between the devices and our platform) so expect more! This is one of the key improvements we made internally, projects will be more actively maintained.

We have plenty of work ahead of us in other areas as well (Alexa, Phillips Hue) so expect more good news!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:31:49 am by Mircea-Ionut Teletin »

Offline anyra

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2017, 12:36:35 pm »
So is this delayed? Monday 19, and I don't see anything about the upgrades

Offline doctorkb

« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2017, 12:41:31 pm »
So is this delayed? Monday 19, and I don't see anything about the upgrades

When I checked for new firmware on my Plus just now, it found it and is currently doing the upgrade...

Offline anyra

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2017, 02:16:33 pm »
I have Vera Secure and it still saying "Your firmware is up to date Current Version1.7.2817"

Offline fossilnews

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #223 on: June 19, 2017, 03:31:54 pm »
So I just upgraded to the newest firmware and everything seems to be working.  Under my apps I currently have "VeraConnect WWN" and "VeraConnect WWN Deauthorization Service" installed.  Does this mean I can delete them now since the new firmware natively supports Nest?

• C. O. Manager
  • Connected Objects
  • Sr. Newbie
  • Connected Objects
« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2017, 03:07:11 am »
So, a few things:

1. The firmware roll out takes 24H so it might take up to 24H to receive the update notification then the update begins. Also Monday might mean a different thing depending on where you're on the planet. We're talking here US Pacific time. So remember, 24H roll out period, Pacific time, this means the update is ongoing still at the time of me writing this message.

2. The firmware does not support NEST just by itself! You badly need that plugin and you need it updated! I don't know from where this came but you need both! Do NOT DELETE the plugin! If you do so you'll need to put it back of course but don't expect Nest to work without it.

3. Also, if you have Alexa you might wanna check it out  ;)

4. Please, when updating, give the controller proper time to update because I've heard of a few cases where people power cycled the unit while updating or had their update finished while on call with our customer care (which is not that bad in itself). It might take some good minutes so be patient. For any problem don't hesitate to contact our customer are as they'll be helpful as always. Also, please keep writing here because we'll be listening in.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 04:18:10 am by Mircea-Ionut Teletin »