Author Topic: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)  (Read 30711 times)

Offline scottymac

Re: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)
« Reply #210 on: February 16, 2017, 08:57:36 am »
Hi Guys,

My Nest is working fine if I go into the device I can change the temp up and down etc but when I create a scene to set the temp I cannot change it. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Offline tbully

« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2017, 10:26:30 am »
Hi Guys,

My Nest is working fine if I go into the device I can change the temp up and down etc but when I create a scene to set the temp I cannot change it. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Check out the previous two posts.   That's likely it.   BS, in my opinion.

Offline roelofzo

« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2017, 11:10:41 pm »
anyone care to upload 0.48? where could i find it?

thx! ;D

Offline detailme

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2017, 04:11:29 am »
Hi, seems a common problem on the latest version as people have left reviews for the plugin stating the same problem.
Once installed, the pluggin states it needs to be authorized etc but the app isnt showing on the dashboard anywhere.
Tried reinstalling but its still not showing. I have open a case with vera but any ideas people!?
I have UI5, hopefully that isn't the issue

Many thanks
Chris

Offline Mircea-Ionut Teletin

• C. O. Manager
  • Connected Objects
  • Connected Objects
« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2017, 08:06:39 am »
@detailme: The latest Nest plugin works only with UI7, so I'm afraid this is the likely reason. Also you'll need the latest firmware as we made some changes to to assist the plugin in fixing some of the bad stuff we had.

@roelofzo: All versions are available, you just need to know the URL to it. See previous posts for 0.48 if this is what you really want to do, however, there are a lot of fixes in 0.68 (like auth/deauth issues that were present before).

@tbully: It's inconvenient but we aim for this to be temporary. We're not resting on our hands. We had some similar road blocks with Alexa and we got past them. Imagine a burglar shouting loud through the window: Alexa open garage door. If we solved this we're going to get past these problems as well. Some small news here, we're reworking the way our thermostat UI looks on mobile and web, hint: 1/2 set points anyone?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 08:08:38 am by Mircea-Ionut Teletin »

Offline drewcovi

« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2017, 01:06:08 pm »
@mcvflorin @Mircea-Ionut Teletin

It seems the latest version of this plugin has a misalignment with "auto-away" status. It appears in the user_data request, but not in the UI.  I know that "auto-away" is now depreciated (as per Nest Developer documentation).  Shouldn't this instead be Away then?

Right now when geofencing triggers away from the Nest, nothing is selected in UI7 (because the Nest Presence widget only accounts for Home and Away).