We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)  (Read 82387 times)

Offline anyra

• Sr. Newbie
Re: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)
« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2017, 08:12:09 am »
1. The firmware roll out takes 24H so it might take up to 24H to receive the update notification then the update begins. Also Monday might mean a different thing depending on where you're on the planet. We're talking here US Pacific time. So remember, 24H roll out period, Pacific time, this means the update is ongoing still at the time of me writing this message.

So what will be the new Nest Plugin version #?
I'm asking because at -3 hours of the "24 hour" firmware roll out I still not receiving the upgrade option, but I don't know if the plugin have updated since it is with the autoupdate status

Offline Explosive

« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2017, 08:51:17 am »
When will the updated iOS app be available?

guest161209

« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2017, 08:52:52 am »
iOS is available in the store NOW.

Android later (start of next month).

Offline Explosive

« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2017, 08:54:43 am »
Do you happen to know the version number.
I have version 3.5 installed.

Offline anyra

• Sr. Newbie

guest161209

« Reply #231 on: June 20, 2017, 09:44:53 am »
As far as the iOS app goes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/veramobile/id787203434?mt=8

3.5 is the latest version and is the right version to use.

Offline fossilnews

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #232 on: June 20, 2017, 10:08:39 am »
Thanks for the reply @Mircea-Ionut Teletin.  Just wanted to let you know that when I emailed this question into support I got the following reply:

Thank you for contacting Vera Smart Home Control.

Yes, you can delete them and after that you?ll need to install again the plugin from Devices ?> Add device ?> Thermostats ?> Nest Thermostat and install it.

FWIW I did what they said and then just reinstalled the plugin and things worked again.

guest161209

« Reply #233 on: June 20, 2017, 10:52:56 am »
@fossilnews: This might be because you've previously manually installed a beta plugin and the auto-update gets disabled when you manually take charge of installing a plugin. The system assumes you know what you're doing and it doesn't override your manually installed plugin otherwise it will be like an uphill battle. I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Let me know how's the iOS app and how is your Thermostat behaving with our latest changes.

Offline fossilnews

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #234 on: June 20, 2017, 10:57:16 am »
I'm on Android and the weather here has been amazing for a while so I can't comment on how either is working. :/

Offline jlkinsel

« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2017, 11:12:59 am »
I just logged into my Vera from off-site to check on something, only to find

Vera Connect WWN : This plugin requires firmware version 1.7.2745 or newer

And all my Nest components are offline.

There's zero chance I'd do a firmware update when I'm not physically present, so really what you just did was knock my Nest devices off my Vera for about 3-4 weeks.

I've updated the config so it won't auto-apply updates in the future, but in the future, could you maybe consider checking for firmware requirements before the update, not after? Any other OS packaging system I can think of does this.

guest161209

« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2017, 04:44:00 am »
@fossilnews: you should wait for next month's release. The new app has tons of improvements and changes.

@jlkinsel: We are aware of this limitation. We have the improvement in our backlog with high priority and we're going to change it platform wise. We apologize for this situation, as a workaround you could use Nest's app as a remote for your thermostats until the firmware upgrade can be done. Once all the upgrades done everything should work a lot better than before.

Offline beachboync

« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2017, 11:43:01 am »
I am quite disappointed with the latest Nest plugin. From the hype, I had expected more.

The WWN plugin previously was able to set temperature from my UI7 VeraLite, but I couldn't control fan speed or set mode. I worked with support for a number of days trying to get fan control working, and also working from a scene. The final status was that I should wait for the new plugin.

Well, here it is. I can set the temp from UI7 and also set modes and fan control when I click on Settings. But the fan is not on/off, just on for a period of time. Some progress.

But there is still no way to set the fan from within a script. Support has again been looking for a way for 2 days now, with no result.

I do have a need to set the fans from within a script and this need remains unfulfilled.

Bob
Bob (beachboync)

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #238 on: June 22, 2017, 08:39:06 am »
@beachboync (Bob)

You can start the fan from a script using this HTTP request:
Code: [Select]
/data_request?id=action&DeviceNum=X&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:VeraConnectWWN1&action=StartFan&Duration=15or this Luup function:
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:VeraConnectWWN1", "StartFan", { ["Duration"] = "15" }, DEVICE_ID)Duration can be any of these values:
15, 30, 45, 60, 120, 240, 480, 960
Currently this is all the fan control the Nest API exposes. There aren't commands to start the fan for an undefined period of time, to stop the fan, to control its intensity or to schedule its run.
We'll implement additional features as the Nest API evolves over time and gives us more control over the thermostat functions.

Offline anyra

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2017, 09:30:32 am »
Someone else is having issues with the plugin this morning? Mine is not starting. It is stuck in "Vera Connect WWN : Starting up...". I tried to deauthorized and it failed too