We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)  (Read 75176 times)

Offline hmspain

Re: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2015, 07:54:57 pm »
my nest 3 is working good so far

other then I already experienced my first outage, about 4 hours with the goggle cloud being down

I definitely will not be buying the nest cam, they need to add a local hub and keep it local like vera

My Nest Gen3 is working (Nest server outages aside).  The Home/Away device does not appear to work on it; still debugging.

My two big beefs are;

1) The WWN thermostat is set in .5 degree increments.  Why they chose to make it change in .5 degree increments I have no idea, but you CAN'T set a Nest that way.  I'm puzzled how this made it past initial testing...
2) The WWN Home/Away device is an ON/OFF SWITCH!  Good Lord, even the house modes plugin has buttons for each mode...

Quick edit... After this last upgrade, I tried removing WWN app and then re-installed it.  No big deal, and the Home/Away now has buttons!  Home/Away/Auto-Away  It seems that Auto-Away required a refresh.

The thermostat still changes in .5 degree increments, but at least no error is reported.  Like so many programmers, the solution is to redirect the error message to NULL...LOL.

Another quick edit... it appears you CAN'T set a temperature in WWN via a scene.  I'll have to report that one...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 09:10:08 pm by hmspain »
VeraPlus, Nest Cameras (6), Siren, Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (65), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Ecobee 3, HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline ascari

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2015, 05:27:00 pm »
My Nest with the last update vera doesn't work now :'(

Offline hmspain

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2015, 05:44:31 pm »
My Nest with the last update vera doesn't work now :'(

It may sound drastic, but try removing the WWN add-on and re-adding it.
VeraPlus, Nest Cameras (6), Siren, Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (65), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Ecobee 3, HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline ascari

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2015, 05:53:40 pm »
I have the same problem.

Now I can Authorith Nest.

Backup restore but I can change T? again.

Offline JS007

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2015, 06:29:43 pm »
when nest server is down, vera says unauthorized, not sure if that is case here, but noticed that during nest outage, not the best error message for site down

Offline ascari

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2015, 03:05:14 am »
Now it's ok.

But I can change T? in scene like hmspain

My solution I have add the line :

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1","SetCurrentSetpoint",{NewCurrentSetpoint=MyTEmperature},MyDevice)

Offline hmspain

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2015, 05:51:03 am »
Now it's ok.

But I can change T? in scene like hmspain

My solution I have add the line :

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1","SetCurrentSetpoint",{NewCurrentSetpoint=MyTEmperature},MyDevice)

Excellent suggestion, thank you!

The LUUP code:

local MyTemperature=78
local MyDevice=1043
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1","SetCurrentSetpoint",{NewCurrentSetpoint=MyTemperature},MyDevice)

executes OK, but the thermostat won't budge.  What am I missing?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:04:05 am by hmspain »

Offline anyra

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2015, 11:44:17 am »
Another quick edit... it appears you CAN'T set a temperature in WWN via a scene.  I'll have to report that one...

I have this issue since the beginning, and my workaround in UI7 is go to the Advance editor of the scene and add the action manually as SetCurrentSetpoint and the temp value you like.

BTW my thermostat is the Nest Gen2 and for the rest the plugin is working fine, but it really bother me that I cannot set the temperature though the scene wizard

Offline hmspain

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2015, 11:59:21 am »

I have this issue since the beginning, and my workaround in UI7 is go to the Advance editor of the scene and add the action manually as SetCurrentSetpoint and the temp value you like.

BTW my thermostat is the Nest Gen2 and for the rest the plugin is working fine, but it really bother me that I cannot set the temperature though the scene wizard

It may be something new with my Gen3.  Anyone else dumb enough to drop coin on a Gen3 Nest care to test?

Offline JS007

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2015, 12:18:57 pm »

It may be something new with my Gen3.  Anyone else dumb enough to drop coin on a Gen3 Nest care to test?

I will give it a try

edit : set to scene to manual, set device to 80, then ran manually, it updated, but did not see the update in gui until I did a ctrl f5, but looking at the thermostat, it's not really update, still shows old set temp, but then went to nest web site and shows new temp of 80 and says "offline" below my thermostat, maybe nest servers having issues right now

says went offline about an hour ago on web site

ran again, "Vera Connect WWN Plugin : Thermostat is not online"   see that in blue bar of vera , wont even change it now, will give it some time to see if comes back up

edit
I can ping the thermostat, so still has network

rebooted wifi to force my nest thermostat to reconnect to nest, this fixed it, now works, tested in scene and change as expected

I do hope that is not a common occurrence for the gen 3 nest

so mine working
Current Version plugin: 0.26
edge :     1.7.1248    7.09

I used the scene wizard, not the advanced
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 12:54:54 pm by JS007 »

Offline hmspain

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2015, 10:46:36 am »
I have a theory based on something I read earlier.  Is it true that you have to turn the Nest thermostat to "Off", then set the temperature?

I would like to try:

local MyTemperature=78
local MyDevice=1043

(some luup code to turn the thermostat off)

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1","SetCurrentSetpoint",{NewCurrentSetpoint=MyTemperature},MyDevice)

(some luup code to turn the thermostat on)

---

Can someone help with the luup code to turn the thermostat on and off?  What we are trying to do here is work around a problem where the Nest thermostat temperature can't be set via a scene using the UI7 GUI.

Offline JS007

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2015, 11:53:43 am »
when was in auto-away mode I did get a message can not set it while in auto-away mode

Offline hmspain

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2015, 12:10:10 pm »
when was in auto-away mode I did get a message can not set it while in auto-away mode

I think I have the luup code, but need to test it when the thermostat is "Home" :-).

local MyTemperature=68
local MyDevice=1043
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1","SetModeTarget",{NewModeTarget = "Off"},MyDevice)
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool","SetCurrentSetpoint",{NewCurrentSetpoint=MyTemperature},MyDevice)
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1","SetModeTarget",{NewModeTarget = "Cool"},MyDevice)

EDIT: Fail... back to the drawing board.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:03:42 am by hmspain »

Offline hmspain

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2015, 12:11:35 am »

I tried *everything* I could think of before trying your suggestion; of course your recommendation works perfectly.  I've never had to use the "Advanced Editor" in a scene before.  It's simple to use, easy to understand, and... of course, it worked!

Offline JS007

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2015, 11:34:41 am »
sent two support tickets for the above questions on Nest thermostat 'hvac_state' and issue with protect 2 showing co device as smoke device

well respond here with what I hear back

Got a reply

"This feature is not integrated to Vera at the moment. I?ve already added a feature request on this matter into our internal system, but I don?t have an ETA."

hoping the plugin for NEST will be updated to support 'hvac_state' before winter, but we will see, no ETA yet
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:37:02 am by JS007 »