We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)  (Read 102774 times)

Offline Jamr

Re: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2015, 04:25:54 pm »
I connected two Nest protects to this add on. They both show up in my Vera as a CO and smoke sensor.
I then tested them by pushing the button on my nest protects twice and my Vera did not respond at all nor show the correct status. I then set of f each if the Nest's with smoke and my Vera did not respond nor show the correct status of the two sensors.
I will be calling to get this fixed but if you use this add on, be careful as it may not be working.

Offline mostlychris

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2015, 08:46:53 am »
Has anyone had issues with the WWN plugin where it keeps 'freezing' or going unresponsive?  Have to go into the thermometer and reload the engine to get it to start working properly again and communicating with Vera?  Wouldn't say it happens daily to me, but probably every 2-3 days I have to reload the engine to get the proper temps and thermostat settings, home vs away, etc. to all function properly.  Kind've frustrating really.....

Happens all the time for me.  I have to reload the engine to get it to work again.  Sending commands to nest work fine. This morning I noticed that I didn't have temp updates again so I checked the running processes via ssh and issuing a 'ps faux'.  This did not show the connection to nest.  After reloading the engine, the connection to nest is once again showing in the process list.

root     32523  0.1  1.5   3384  1988 ?        S    07:31   0:00 curl -N -k -v -L https://developer-api.nest.com/?auth={auth key}

The attachment shows the "flatline" for the inside temps when there are no updates from nest.

Offline MNB

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2015, 03:47:27 pm »
@mostlychris, I'm assuming that your using Datamine plugin to display your nest temp? Other than plotting over time is there any other indications that would alert me that WWN is not working? I'm noticing that my Edge seems to work great after a Power-on-rest but over time like 24hr it seems to hang and am not able to access the unit, looking at the lights on the unit their all lite with Wifi flashing...Mike
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:51:36 pm by MNB »
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's

Offline mostlychris

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2015, 03:49:28 pm »
I am not using datamine.  I use some Luup code that sends it to a database I house on one of my servers and then I use some graphing software to display it.  I got this idea (and code) from a French site that I really couldn't read.  Good thing code is universal.

Offline MNB

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2015, 03:54:19 pm »
@mostlychris, many thanxs for the comeback. Simple question would datamine be able to perform the same or is your approach better? Can you share the Luup Code that you used. Mike
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's

Offline mostlychris

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2015, 04:05:37 pm »
I'm not sure if Datamine will do it, but I can't see why not.

Here is the site I used.  It's rather lengthy so I won't post all the code here. 

http://www.touteladomotique.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=12486

andreimios

« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2015, 01:55:06 am »
Hi,

Can you submit a support ticket regarding temperature update issue? Please send me the ticket number via pm or email. We will need to look at your logs to see what is the issue with the plugin.
Thank you.

Regards,

- Andrei -

Offline Jamr

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2015, 02:51:12 pm »
Hi,

Can you submit a support ticket regarding temperature update issue? Please send me the ticket number via pm or email. We will need to look at your logs to see what is the issue with the plugin.
Thank you.

Regards,

- Andrei -

They do not respond to complaints the add on is not working but the want logs to clear up a temp update issue?

WTF Vera?

andreimios

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2015, 05:59:26 am »
Hi Jamr,

I missed your post, I'm sorry for that.

I then tested them by pushing the button on my nest protects twice and my Vera did not respond at all nor show the correct status. I then set of f each if the Nest's with smoke and my Vera did not respond nor show the correct status of the two sensors.
I will be calling to get this fixed but if you use this add on, be careful as it may not be working.

The manual test does not modify the actual status of your Nest protect. Plugin will update the CO or the smoke sensor only when the status is actually changed. For getting the status, plugin connects to Nest cloud service and gets the new events from there. If the status reported is "ok" then the plugin will not updated the child devices, respectively the CO and the Smoke ones. During the manual test, the values reported by Nest are not changing, so the status for the child devices will not change, take a look here :
"smoke_co_alarms" : {
            "some_id" : {
               "name" : "Office 1",
               "locale" : "en-US",
               "structure_id" : "some_id",
               "software_version" : "1.0.2rc2",
               "device_id" : "some_id",
               "name_long" : "Office Nest Protect 1",
               "is_online" : true,
               "battery_health" : "ok",
               "co_alarm_state" : "ok",
               "smoke_alarm_state" : "ok",
               "ui_color_state" : "green",
               "is_manual_test_active" : true,
               "last_manual_test_time" : "2015-10-16T09:47:38.000Z"

},
            "protect_id_2" : {
               "name" : "Office 2",
               "locale" : "en-US",
               "structure_id" : "some_id",
               "software_version" : "1.0.2rc2",
               "device_id" : "some_id",
               "name_long" : "Office Nest Protect 2",
               "is_online" : true,
               "battery_health" : "ok",
               "co_alarm_state" : "ok",
               "smoke_alarm_state" : "ok",
               "ui_color_state" : "green",
               "is_manual_test_active" : false,
               "last_manual_test_time" : "2015-10-16T09:50:34.000Z"

}
         }

If you want to test the plugin, you can do it like this : http://www.wikihow.com/Test-a-Smoke-Detector

All the Bests,

- Andrei -

Offline autostage

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2015, 12:11:44 pm »
I just purchased a Vera Edge and I'm having some issues with the Nest App.

1.  Under devices there are three options for the fan, cycle, on, and auto.  The thermostat is always in fan auto, if I tell the fan to turn on, it doesn't and the UI shows it back in auto.
2.  Devices show the humidity level, but I can't set the humidity level.
3.  When I create a scene, the nest thermostat shows up under device actions, but there's no option to control the fan. (this of course assumes that #1 works but its what I actually need to do, I want to set the fan to turn on every few hours in vacation mode to avoid that musty smell when I return from vacation)
4.  When I create a scene, I can use the humidity level as a trigger, but I can't set the humidity level of the nest.  (I was going to set up a series of scenes to base the humidity on the outside temperature so I don't get condensation when its very cold out.)

If these aren't going to be possible with the nest wwn plugin, is there another z-wave thermostat I can buy that will allow for fan and humidity control?

Offline JS007

« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2015, 08:44:31 pm »
sent two support tickets for the above questions on Nest thermostat 'hvac_state' and issue with protect 2 showing co device as smoke device

well respond here with what I hear back

Got a reply

"This feature is not integrated to Vera at the moment. I?ve already added a feature request on this matter into our internal system, but I don?t have an ETA."

hoping the plugin for NEST will be updated to support 'hvac_state' before winter, but we will see, no ETA yet

have not heard anything yet about the 'hvac_state' and winter is getting here

I bought a little room heater for this winter, just in case Vera doesn't get the nest working in time

Offline ntetzlaff

« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2015, 10:31:13 pm »
I just purchased a Vera Edge and I'm having some issues with the Nest App.

1.  Under devices there are three options for the fan, cycle, on, and auto.  The thermostat is always in fan auto, if I tell the fan to turn on, it doesn't and the UI shows it back in auto.
2.  Devices show the humidity level, but I can't set the humidity level.
3.  When I create a scene, the nest thermostat shows up under device actions, but there's no option to control the fan. (this of course assumes that #1 works but its what I actually need to do, I want to set the fan to turn on every few hours in vacation mode to avoid that musty smell when I return from vacation)
4.  When I create a scene, I can use the humidity level as a trigger, but I can't set the humidity level of the nest.  (I was going to set up a series of scenes to base the humidity on the outside temperature so I don't get condensation when its very cold out.)

If these aren't going to be possible with the nest wwn plugin, is there another z-wave thermostat I can buy that will allow for fan and humidity control?

Similar issue here... 3rd gen Nest
VeraConnect WWN v 0.27
Vera Edge v 1.7.1569

- From web interface unable to activate fan - turning on fan also does not change fan status within web gui
- Using Android app v 7.148 on lollipop - unable to change Nest temp

Just emailed support - will update if I hear anything

Offline reardencode

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2015, 01:41:35 pm »
TL; DR: Got it working by becoming a nest developer and authorizing a dummy app for lots of permissions, inputting an auth code and token for that app into this plugin, and modifying this plugin with the two attachments to this post. Oh, and I also fixed a bug where most updates from Nest wouldn't be applied because the getStreamEvents function couldn't parse them properly if more than one event was delivered per 10 seconds.

Blech, this plugin kinda mostly works OK, but it doesn't report the HVAC_OperatingState at all.

I've edited the files to make it report it, but Vera needs to change their app permissions with Nest to get Nest's API to report the hvac_state variable (introduced to their API in May of 2015).  If anyone else is feeling industrious, here are the files I modified to get it working (and I signed up for my own Nest dev account, and got a auth code and token which I plugged into this plugin to get OperatingState mostly working).

One thing I'm struggling with is that scenes don't seem to be firing in response to HVAC_OperatingState1 ModeState changes.  Anyone know what I might need to do differently to ensure that scenes fire when things change?

Edit to add:  I've also noticed (just once so far) that the curl process which streams events from Nest's API sometimes dies, and there's no mechanism in the plugin to restart it.  I think the plugin should probably save the PID of the curl process or something and periodically restart it if it dies (or since Nest's stream API sends keep-alives, perhaps just monitor the file and if it hasn't changed in some time restart the curl).

Edit later: Got the scene triggering right -- inconsistency between micasaverde-com and upnp-org namespace for HVAC_OperatingState1 service.  Also added code which checks if there is a process running streaming and restarts streaming if it has failed for any reason.  (Updated attachments)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:21:17 am by reardencode »

Offline JS007

« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2015, 10:33:37 am »
thanks, reardencode

maybe that will be enough information to get vera to update this plugin

I figure we will know when they start to look at it when they change the permissions and your fix starts working
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 05:39:37 pm by JS007 »

Offline hmspain

« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2015, 12:36:55 pm »
Is it a bridge too far to expect the WWN (works with Nest) plugin to support the Nest cameras?
VeraPlus, Nest Cameras (6), Siren, Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (65), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Ecobee 3, HEM Gen2s (2)