We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)  (Read 77831 times)

Offline JS007

Re: PLUGIN: New VeraConnect WWN (Work With Nest)
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2015, 12:30:15 am »
has this feature been implemented in vera edge ui7 for the nest thermostat gen 2, I have a fan in one of our vents and would like to activate when heat is on via pleg to a plug module, but before I buy it, want to make sure will work with vera

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26415239/nest-api-when-is-thermostat-heating-or-cooling
-----------------------------------------
As of May 2015, the Nest API now officially reports the hvac_state property. The value will be one of either 'heating','cooling' or 'off'.

New fields in the data model: hvac_state. You'll use hvac_state to learn if the home HVAC system is actively heating, cooling or is off.
----------------------------------------

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 01:25:32 am by JS007 »

Offline JS007

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2015, 01:04:33 am »
So I take it that WWN doesn't include their Protect devices. I upgraded to UI7 this morning and noticed the loss of Watou's plugin for the stat but sure enough the Protects are still intact - albeit I have no idea if they still work.

I added a protect gen 2 today to vera edge, looks like working

it created two device automatically  'WWN Smoke - roomname' and 'WWN CO - roomname'

only issue I noticed so far when setting up alerts was that both devices say "is armed and detects smoke", "is armed and stops detecting smoke", assuming that is a typo for the CO device and it should say 'CO' rather then 'smoke'

that said I have not tested the actual device with smoke or co to set off the alarm, but they look like working to me
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 01:04:44 pm by JS007 »

Offline JS007

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2015, 01:02:02 pm »
sent two support tickets for the above questions on Nest thermostat 'hvac_state' and issue with protect 2 showing co device as smoke device

well respond here with what I hear back

Offline deancrowe

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2015, 02:15:21 pm »
How do I get the WWN plugin to display the temp in degrees Celsius instead of Farenheit?

Offline JS007

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2015, 10:46:06 am »
looks like it's good I waited, looks like nest thermostat gen 3 around the corner

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/08/26/nest-3rd-gen/

Offline hmspain

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2015, 10:51:51 am »
looks like it's good I waited, looks like nest thermostat gen 3 around the corner

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/08/26/nest-3rd-gen/

Love to see Nest catch up with Ecobee and support remote sensors!
VeraPlus, Nest Cameras (6), Siren, Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (65), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Ecobee 3, HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline swfire271

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2015, 11:17:53 am »
Has anyone had issues with the WWN plugin where it keeps 'freezing' or going unresponsive?  Have to go into the thermometer and reload the engine to get it to start working properly again and communicating with Vera?  Wouldn't say it happens daily to me, but probably every 2-3 days I have to reload the engine to get the proper temps and thermostat settings, home vs away, etc. to all function properly.  Kind've frustrating really.....

Offline JS007

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2015, 08:37:10 am »
looks like the gen 3 thermostat is now available for pre-order, just ordered on Amazon

also got a response about the above two issues, they have forwarded both on to the developers to see about getting implemented

Offline hmspain

hmspain
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2015, 10:55:36 am »
looks like the gen 3 thermostat is now available for pre-order, just ordered on Amazon

also got a response about the above two issues, they have forwarded both on to the developers to see about getting implemented

My Nest 3 shipped this morning.  I ordered directly from Nest; Amazon was not listing it yesterday :-).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:57:40 am by hmspain »
VeraPlus, Nest Cameras (6), Siren, Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (65), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Ecobee 3, HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline theroefam

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2015, 06:48:12 pm »
Has anyone had issues with the WWN plugin where it keeps 'freezing' or going unresponsive?  Have to go into the thermometer and reload the engine to get it to start working properly again and communicating with Vera?  Wouldn't say it happens daily to me, but probably every 2-3 days I have to reload the engine to get the proper temps and thermostat settings, home vs away, etc. to all function properly.  Kind've frustrating really.....

Looks like exactly what I'm seeing.  Haven't tried reloading the engine but all my reading at not correct (temp, set, humidity, home/away.)

Started seeing this a couple weeks ago

Offline zolakk

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2015, 02:00:03 pm »
I've noticed that the plugin rarely seems to show the correct current temperature values for me. For example, Vera currently shows the current temperature as 75 and the setpoint at 75 (my overnight setting) but my actual nest unit and the nest website shows current at 78 with set point at 80 (my daytime setting). I understand a bit of update lag, but the change in setpoints happened several hours ago. I guess it's possible it's not updating at all too and it just happened to be correct for the time when I checked it sometimes.. after all a broken clock is right twice a day

Offline JS007

Re: hmspain
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2015, 03:58:30 pm »

My Nest 3 shipped this morning.  I ordered directly from Nest; Amazon was not listing it yesterday :-).

was gonna change my order, but looks like Amazon changed from pre-order to will arrive on Monday now, still in unshipped status, so guessing they are still waiting to get them in, but will just leave as is, Monday is soon enough for me
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:06:29 am by JS007 »

Offline JS007

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2015, 04:01:20 pm »

I had my network go down and afterward when went into web page had to do a reload Luup to get NEST back, hopefully that was just a fluke though

Offline lemrock

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2015, 10:30:42 pm »
I'll ask this question again since I have not seen an answer. Does the Works With Nest Plugin work with UI5?  The plugin page says it works with all platforms but I'm not sure if that's true. I'm on UI5/Vera 3 but after downloading the plugin all I get on the display is "Vera Connect WWN : Starting up..." and no device created. Any help is appreciated.

Offline JS007

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2015, 05:25:48 pm »
my nest 3 is working good so far

other then I already experienced my first outage, about 4 hours with the goggle cloud being down

I definitely will not be buying the nest cam, they need to add a local hub and keep it local like vera
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:30:49 pm by JS007 »