We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Zwave keypad  (Read 5329 times)

Offline kustominc

Honeywell Zwave keypad
« on: May 23, 2011, 11:14:03 pm »
Has anyone heard anything about the keypad Honeywell is working on?
I saw a clip of them demoing it at the EHX show in orlando.
Looks like its a full ademco keypad with zwave buit in.
Hopfully this will help/resolve the compatabilty issue with Vera and Ademco!
Let me know what you have seen or heard.
Ill be contacting my Honeywell rep to see if i can get any info or poss a release date.

Offline deimos_anomaly

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Honeywell Zwave keypad
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 05:41:22 pm »
I had a guy show up at my door the other day from some security company. He saw my outside security cameras and was interested, once I explained my z-wave setup he became real interested. He said that his company was working with honeywell on their z-wave implementation, and were not to far off from a product. I game him my card and told him to call me when they have a working panel. I was told that their panel would be able to act as a secondary controller, so vera compatibility is quite possible. I hope to be able to test this out as I am looking for a security system that integrates nicely with z-wave.

Offline kustominc

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 12:45:17 am »
Update. Looks like the Honeywell keypad will be going into beta in August!!! I have requested to be a beta tester for this unit. Hopefully I get my hands on one of these!! I'll keep you posted on what I find when it gets closer!!

Offline kustominc

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 09:14:08 pm »
Finally got some more info in the beta testing on the zwave keypad from Honeywell! Just got the form to get my beta unit. Hopefully I'll be getting it soon and I'll get to testing it

Offline kustominc

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 02:43:12 pm »
The Honeywell 6280I Z-Wave keypad beta version is on its way to me! I should hopfully be getting it in a few days along with the new rev. Vista 20P panel and a iGSMV backup radio. Ill keep everyone in touch on my finding when I get it!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

ATTN PLUG-IN WRITERS: Im going to guess this kaypad in not going to work with Vera out of the box and going to need some programming to with with Vera. Im not familier with the writing process and would need someone to talk with to be able to get a plug in for this to work with Vera. If anyone is interested. if i can get this to work well with the system im going to see about doing a bulk buy for anyone in the forum and see what a discount i can get for everyone here!! let me know who is interested!!