Author Topic: Grasshopper Universal Phone App Released  (Read 4226 times)

Offline mramgine

Grasshopper Universal Phone App Released
« on: April 22, 2015, 07:01:39 pm »
You should see the app in the store shortly.  Enjoy.
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline korttoma

• Keep it simple, stupid
Re: Grasshopper Universal Phone App Released
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 12:51:59 am »
Thanks Spencer for all your hard work ;)

Sorry for not giving you any feedback lately, everything I have tried so far seems to be working just fine.

Maybe you forgot about this or have not had an opportunity to look in to it but the only think I'm a bit annoyed about is the lack of support for Scandinavian letters.
I mentioned this already on beta 3 and assumed you had it on the to do list. your previous app worked fine with Scandinavian letters.

Thanks again for giving us remote control for Vera on Windows!
- Tomas

Offline mramgine

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 08:04:09 am »
Thanks for the reminder. It was on my list of notes but was overlooked for the first release.  Just so i understand better, it doesn't display those characters or it displays them incorrectly?  I suspect i have something selected wrong for language support since i noticed my original app as English (International) and when i submitted it said just English.  I'll need to look into it.
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline mramgine

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 08:49:38 am »
i updated the default language to match the original app which was to use "en" instead of "en-US".  Let me know if the update i just pushed resolves the issue. Thanks.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 10:31:09 am »
Great work!

Offline korttoma

• Keep it simple, stupid
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 02:21:09 am »
I installed the latest update but the names of the devices still have weird characters instead of the Scandinavian letters.
I then decided to remove my Vera from the app and re-add it but then I kept getting a message that the app could not communicate with Vera.
Then I though that I would start from scratch so I uninstalled the app an when I was gonna re-install it I had to buy it again.

Anyway now I have my Vera configured again with the latest version and I still have weird characters instead of the Scandinavian once.
You still have access to my system Spencer so you could check for your self. Let me know if you need anything.
- Tomas

Offline Jasonejc

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 08:14:59 am »
Awesome!  Thank you.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 09:10:38 am »
korttoma, can you forward me the login info again, it will save me some time.  As for buying it again, i'm actually confused why that did that.  The app it part of the same store item.  It is just the 8.1 version.   Main difference is now its hooked as a universal app and linked it to my other grasshopper app on the desktop.. the whole point was that people don't need to pay again and have access to both apps.   Frickin' microsoft.

Other than the character issues is the app working properly?  There will always be some kinks with a new app but want to make sure i get the obvious stuff fixed as soon as possible.

Oh one thing you should try if you run into issues is go to About.  There is a Reset All button.  That will reset the data in the app as if its the first time.   That should alleviate the need to ever need to re-install.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 10:39:48 pm »
Since there seems to be an issue regarding viewing devices that is difficult to repo i'm going to temporarily unpublish the app till i can get a handle on what is causing it.

Offline Jasonejc

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 08:17:31 am »
Question.

I now have grasshopper ver 3.0.0.3 and grasshopper universal ver 2.100.0.0 on my phone.  Are they the same app?  any differences between the two?  They appear identical.

Oh and .. no cursing Microsoft :)  Let me know if I can help escalate something if you have any issues that can't be resolved. 

Offline mramgine

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 05:26:28 pm »
Actually i was trying to unpublish the new app temporarily but that seems to remove the app from the store completely.  I then tried to port up my 8.0 app to 8.1 as a stop gap so people that were having issues could revert to the old one but the UI doesn't allow you to delete the APPX version even though i added an 8.1 version XAP.  Its interesting it does produce a warning saying you the XAP version will override the APPX version since i incremented the version... but i can't submit it.  Definitely would be helpful if you could look into escalating.  Let me know if you need other info about the account.  Send me an email if you need other info.  Thanks.

And yes those versions are basically the same.  the .3 version probably has a few more fixes but essentially the same.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 05:31:09 pm by mramgine »

Offline mramgine

Offline Jasonejc

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 12:07:49 pm »
I'm on it.. expect to hear something today.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 06:18:10 pm »
Great.  I did some updates over the weekend and had posted a beta on sunday.  First reports from testers who were having those issues are positive so i'm pushing those changes up now.  What is interesting is i was never able to directly repo any of them other than looking at the logs.  We will see what happens.

Offline korttoma

• Keep it simple, stupid
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 07:18:31 am »
Sorry I went offline for the weekend. Don't worry about me having to pay for the app again, it is well worth it. I was just a bit surprised.

btw, I like your solution for the dimmers but I found that the values in the expanded view does not refresh witch is a bit disturbing.

Auto refresh does not seem to work even if it is set to 2000 milliseconds ( or is this only for local connection? That would make sense. )

After first setup I had some weird refresh problem when Hiding unnecessary devices. I got multiple devices with the same name. This behavior could no longer be reproduced after I restarted the app.

The major problem with the Scandinavian letters handling is that if I change something else like icon for a device with these weird characters these weird characters will also be saved to the name of the device in Vera.
- Tomas