Author Topic: Bridge Amazon Echo to Vera, on github!  (Read 452604 times)

Offline Exorcist

Re: Bridge Amazon Echo to Vera, on github!
« Reply #2295 on: May 14, 2017, 11:25:07 pm »
Been wanting to integrate Echo with Vera. And luckily i found this today... uh.. been sleeping all this while?  :-[
So, this is a huge thread, and i believe lots have changed since the start of this thread and specifically with the setup.. Is there a post i can follow in here for easy directions? or even an external site link? please..

Offline aptalca

« Reply #2296 on: May 15, 2017, 08:22:23 am »
Been wanting to integrate Echo with Vera. And luckily i found this today... uh.. been sleeping all this while?  :-[
So, this is a huge thread, and i believe lots have changed since the start of this thread and specifically with the setup.. Is there a post i can follow in here for easy directions? or even an external site link? please..
https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge

Offline Exorcist

« Reply #2297 on: May 16, 2017, 03:06:44 pm »
https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge

Thanks for the link. Is this what most of the folks here have followed to setup Ha-Bridge for their vera automation? The steps in there are far more to fathom.. with explanation etc.. is there anything that showcases direct steps?
Can this be done on Ubuntu? I've been receiving the error below right at the installation on ubuntu...

root@automation:/etc/systemd/system# systemctl status habridge.service -l
● habridge.service - HA Bridge
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/habridge.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2017-05-16 14:05:54 CDT; 13s ago
  Process: 8119 ExecStart=/usr/bin/java -jar -Dconfig.file=/home/automation/habridge/data/habridge.config /home/automation/habridge/ha-bridge-4.5.0.jar (code=exited, status=100)
 Main PID: 8119 (code=exited, status=100)

May 16 14:05:54 automation java[8119]:         at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.doStart(ServerConnector.java:244)
May 16 14:05:54 automation java[8119]:         at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
May 16 14:05:54 automation java[8119]:         at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:384)
May 16 14:05:54 automation java[8119]:         at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
May 16 14:05:54 automation java[8119]:         at spark.webserver.JettySparkServer.ignite(JettySparkServer.java:131)
May 16 14:05:54 automation java[8119]:         at spark.SparkInstance.lambda$init$0(SparkInstance.java:341)
May 16 14:05:54 automation java[8119]:         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
May 16 14:05:54 automation systemd[1]: habridge.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=100/n/a
May 16 14:05:54 automation systemd[1]: habridge.service: Unit entered failed state.
May 16 14:05:54 automation systemd[1]: habridge.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #2298 on: May 17, 2017, 01:23:45 pm »
Is this what most of the folks here have followed to setup Ha-Bridge for their vera automation? The steps in there are far more to fathom.. with explanation etc.. is there anything that showcases direct steps?

Well most people have read this thread, browsed threw it or used the search button to find the anwser in this long thread. I can tell you that your exact question has been asked alot of times and there is really not only one anwser nor is it only on one page. The HA-bridge runs not on VERA but another device. That device can be a number of things from a windows computer to a linux Pi. And linux comes in many flavors also. So you will find different instructions in different areas depending on what your running it on. 

Also directions have changed from the start of this thread to the back. I would suggest searching this thread for the operating system your planning to run it on.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #2299 on: May 17, 2017, 09:24:18 pm »
Plus you learn as you read the thread.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline agame

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2300 on: May 31, 2017, 09:12:29 pm »
My Alexa skill returns the 'sorry...not responding' message with any command, not just complex scenes. It didn't do that when first installed.  Other device integrations, like the Tado thermostat, work perfectly and without troublesome lag. Are the Vera servers undercooked? Is there a solution here?

Offline alpha1

« Reply #2301 on: June 01, 2017, 08:13:11 am »
How does HA Bridge manage/control a Logitech Harmony Hub

I have it in HA Bridge but i am unsure how to call functions from it through Google Home

The device has been built in HA Bridge but i am just confused as to why GH cant call them at the moment

Thanks

EDIT
Schoolboy, i didnt apply the same logic to the HH that i did for the Vera.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:34:39 am by alpha1 »

Offline wilme2

« Reply #2302 on: June 05, 2017, 11:12:01 pm »
Are the Vera servers undercooked?

With this bridge everything is local - there is no Vera data center server involved...
Long Live UI5!

Offline wilme2

« Reply #2303 on: June 20, 2017, 10:43:20 pm »
New one and install instructions are here: https://hub.docker.com/r/aptalca/home-automation-bridge/

I upgraded to the latest Docker client for Synology today (1.11.2-0329), and the existing HA bridge container would not restart.   It appears to me as if Synology now officially supports --net="host", and my existing bridge showed under the Network panel as a bridge, not a host.  There might have been an easier way, but I resolved by deleting the container and image, and re-pulled and ran with same command line configs.  Now the container shows in the Network panel as a host and functions as expected...
Long Live UI5!