Author Topic: Bridge Amazon Echo to Vera, on github!  (Read 492742 times)

Offline wilme2

Re: Bridge Amazon Echo to Vera, on github!
« Reply #2310 on: August 30, 2017, 04:57:34 pm »
It could be your Synology unit.  In my case the problem was possibly traced to my Raspberry Pi 2 and not the HABridge setup.

I have been thinking about how to send periodic keep alive messages to make sure the HABridge is ready for a command.  Course, it could also be a Vera issue being ready for a command.  My Vera is busy, could be too busy for the HTTP command in some cases...
Long Live UI5!

Offline JFalc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2311 on: September 13, 2017, 10:45:44 pm »
Been wanting to integrate Echo with Vera. And luckily i found this today... uh.. been sleeping all this while?  :-[
So, this is a huge thread, and i believe lots have changed since the start of this thread and specifically with the setup.. Is there a post i can follow in here for easy directions? or even an external site link? please..
https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge

Thanks for the link. Is this what most of the folks here have followed to setup Ha-Bridge for their vera automation? The steps in there are far more to fathom.. with explanation etc.. is there anything that showcases direct steps?

Page 139 of this thread has a step by step for RPi setup

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,31920.msg296007.html#msg296007

This setup has been working for me for quite some time now

Offline wilme2

« Reply #2312 on: September 15, 2017, 10:53:48 am »
It could be your Synology unit.  In my case the problem was possibly traced to my Raspberry Pi 2 and not the HABridge setup.

Funny enough, the problem is gone again.  No changes in my network or HA Bridge/Vera setup...
Long Live UI5!