We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Water Leak Sensor displaying as Temp Sensor on Imperihome  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Ruckus

• Sr. Newbie
Water Leak Sensor displaying as Temp Sensor on Imperihome
« on: April 27, 2015, 01:55:52 pm »
I added a AEON LABS Z-WAVE WATER SENSOR DSB45-ZWUS to my Vera3/UI7. Works well on the vera dashboard, but under Imperihome it shows up as a temperature sensor and not a leak sensor, with options for three widget types, none of which show what I want to know about the Leak Sensor (essentially tripped or not tripped). I don't even think this sensor report temperature. I am guessing it has something to do with the device_type being urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:TempLeakSensor:1. Is there not a proper leak sensor widget for Imperihome? Should I change the device_type to something else?

Offline Inzax

Re: Water Leak Sensor displaying as Temp Sensor on Imperihome
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 08:06:49 am »
I believe you can change the icon in the dashboard by pressing and holding the icon.  A configuration window should pop up.  Pressing that option brings up a variety of icons you can use.  There is a temp sensor option. 

I am away from home right now so I am going by memory on how to bring up the configuration screen.  I believe you do this in dashboard view and not in the edit view of the dashboard.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline Ruckus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 09:39:03 am »
I believe you can change the icon in the dashboard by pressing and holding the icon.  A configuration window should pop up.  Pressing that option brings up a variety of icons you can use.  There is a temp sensor option. 

I am away from home right now so I am going by memory on how to bring up the configuration screen.  I believe you do this in dashboard view and not in the edit view of the dashboard.

The problem is not the Icon, I know how to change that. The issue is with the type of device the widgets think that the sensor is. It should be some sort of on/off device or switch (Leak/No Leak), but instead it comes up as a temperature device which gives you choices of widgets for monitoring Temp and graphing temperature changes. I want to know if you can change the device_type property in Vera to something else, so it chooses the proper widget types to add to a page in Imperihome.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 07:44:53 am »
Sorry, I misunderstood.  Clearly I skimmed you post.

I have a number of water sensors.  They are run through my security system and are not zwave devices.  They show up as motion sensors in vera and imperihome gives the option as showing "tripped or not tripped."  The device type is "urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1" which is what vera calls all security devices in my particular alarm panel. 

I am guessing you could try changing the device type however, whatever you change the device type to, vera is going to reflect that in its interface. 

I would call vera and tell them you have a water sensor and it is showing up as another type of device.  They should be able to help.

Good luck.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline Ruckus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 09:26:42 am »
I changed the device_type (and a few other properties) to MotionSensor. It is now displaying on Vera and Imperihome as a Motion Sensor. I just need to make sure it is working, I'll do that later.

I really think that Imperihome has a bug in regards to TempLeakSensor device Types. It does not give the complete set of widget choices for this type of device. Anyone know who I should contact to get to report this and maybe get it fixed?

Offline Ruckus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 09:53:21 am »
Well it worked for a few minutes but Vera reset the device type to TempLeakSensor...Sigh. After looking around, it seems you can't change the device_type.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24276.msg221610.html#msg221610

Ah, well maybe Imperihome will fix the widgets for TempLeakSensor at some point.

Offline Ruckus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 01:47:58 pm »
Received this from Imperihome Support:

Hugo (ImperiHome Help Center)
May 1, 19:18

Hello,

Thank you for your message and detailed description of your issue.
We just checked, and what you observe can indeed happen and is definitely a bug. The Water Leak widget is indeed available but can be chosen for your device because of this bug.
We performed a fix that will be available when the next version of ImperiHome will be published (no date to communicate for now).

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

The ImperiHome Team