Author Topic: Plugin: Smart Meter DSMR P1 port Reader  (Read 38317 times)

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
Re: Plugin: Smart Meter DSMR P1 port Reader
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2018, 04:50:20 am »
Hi Rene,

I'm coping with the same problem. I can't use the smart meter plugin anymore, because of the overload of communication. I do not see a real difference with the last version.

I hope there is a solution to this.

Cheers

Niels
Hi Niels,
I assume you have a version 5 DSMR. For now I would not know how to reduce the load any further. My own smartmeter is no longer reporting to the supplier and I think they will replace it. So I may have a V5 meter my self to test with by the end of the month.

Are you running any other plugins that send in much data?

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline RHCPNG

« Reply #196 on: October 08, 2018, 05:01:13 am »
Hi Rene,

I'm coping with the same problem. I can't use the smart meter plugin anymore, because of the overload of communication. I do not see a real difference with the last version.

Cheers

Niels
Hi Niels,
I assume you have a version 5 DSMR. For now I would not know how to reduce the load any further. My own smartmeter is no longer reporting to the supplier and I think they will replace it. So I may have a V5 meter my self to test with by the end of the month.

Cheers Rene

I found out that I have a DSMR4 meter. I do not have any other plugins that are sending a lot of data. I have moved most to openluup.

Are there more possibilities with the DSMR4 meters?

Cheers Niels

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2018, 05:14:13 am »
Hi Rene,

Cheers

Niels
Hi Niels,

Cheers Rene

I found out that I have a DSMR4 meter. I do not have any other plugins that are sending a lot of data. I have moved most to openluup.

Are there more possibilities with the DSMR4 meters?

Cheers Niels

Hi Niels,

I never have seen the overload with the V4 meters. It sends at ten seconds interval and even my Vera Lite with a bunch of other plugins would run just fine with that. I know some people have been tolled by support it is the culprit, but I am not seeing it.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline RHCPNG

« Reply #198 on: October 11, 2018, 10:20:54 am »
That?s a pity. Mine is communicating several times per second. I?ll have to abandon the plugin then for now. Thnx.