We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Leviton Dimmer switches  (Read 4815 times)

Offline shallowearth

Re: Leviton Dimmer switches
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 01:43:17 pm »
@jquincy  I just thought of one other thing to try with your Cooper that is having trouble with instant status.  Maybe the problem isn't your Cooper switch but a bad neighboring zwave node that is slow or not repeating the instant status signal.  Since you mentioned, I think, that the Vera is relatively close to the switch, try manually editing the route on the cooper so that it only talks to the Vera.

Instant status might become reliable at that point.  If the problem is a bad neighbor, the Leviton might end up with the same problem as your Cooper.

Offline jquincy

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 03:17:06 pm »
@shallowearth...Thanks I will try that

Offline tadr

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 05:23:59 pm »
Obligatory "Leviton dimmers still are not working on Vera Edge!" comment.

Online DeltaNu1142

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 06:43:19 am »
The only switches I have in my house are Leviton. Dimmers, relay switches, a couple scene controllers, and a fan controller... not to mention my appliance & dimmer modules. I'm a little OCD about having them match, so aside from having a variety of vintage of devices, they're all Leviton and they all work similarly. Having instant status is a must for me.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline jquincy

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 07:09:07 pm »
Here is what I bought:
Leviton

3 VPOOR-1OZ
1 VR106-1LZ

With the cooper switches only the master is wired to the light and the remaining Auxiliary switches just communicate with the master. Do the Leviton switches get wired the same way as the Cooper switches?

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 08:11:28 pm »
Here is what I bought:
Leviton

3 VPOOR-1OZ
1 VR106-1LZ

With the cooper switches only the master is wired to the light and the remaining Auxiliary switches just communicate with the master. Do the Leviton switches get wired the same way as the Cooper switches?

The VRMX1 will work better with led's and can usually be found cheaper then the VRI06, but requires a neutral.

Offline jquincy

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 09:56:09 am »
Thanks. I have a neutral. Are the VPOOR-1OZ simply Auxiliary switches like Cooper switches are they wired three way? If not wired as three way I just assume they are Associated together in Group 1?

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 10:33:10 am »
Not familiar with cooper. The leviton aux switches are wired,  no associations required. the VPOOR also requires a neutral.

Offline jquincy

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2015, 04:17:24 pm »
Thanks...That is exactly what I needed to know

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2015, 05:11:27 pm »
Thanks...That is exactly what I needed to know

This was already answered like in the 4th post on the first page. And again it depends on which switch you get. Not all are wired and not all required associations.

Offline jquincy

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 11:06:27 am »
For me it was answered sort of, kind of. Some of this I grasp instantly and some of it takes a bit. Thanks for the help

Online DeltaNu1142

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 12:46:22 pm »
You should find the 3-way switch that works, and buy it. Speaking from experience, there are a lot of other ways to use virtual switches/scene/zone controllers, but nothing beats having a wired, dedicated companion switch. I replaced the 2nd switch with a scene controller, which made the response time unacceptable. I also tried using a zone controller, and that didn't work at all. Aside from that, companion switches are cheaper that other options! You just need to find the right one.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG