Author Topic: ** Solved ** Another Sonos TTS and "access denied" problem  (Read 1427 times)

Offline ilikelife

Hi All,  I?m asking for help, again.  Can?t figure out TTS to my Sonos (Portable) and the ?access denied? issue.  I?ve attached screenshots to show what I?ve done so any errors might be visible.

Per the checklist, item 2, I first want to verify that I DO have access unsecured.  On UI7 the tab ?User & Account Info / Unit Settings / Secure Vera?  shows a kind of greyed out check box, but the box has a faint greyed out check mark in it.
If I click the box, it gives me the warning message: ?By enabling this option you will not have local access to your Vera. You will only be able to access your Vera through relay. Are you sure you want to continue??  I cancel out of that, so I assume (?) that proves it is unsecured, and the faint check mark is just another Vera-ism.  Does that sound right?  If this is the problem, can I unsecure it myself, or do I still need Vera Tech Support to do it?

On item 3 Vera shows ?Internet access is ok?

Second question is on item 4. Same subnet.  I can?t find the subnet on the Sonos. It?s 255.255.255.0 on most devices on my network, but I can?t find anywhere that shows it for the Sonos.  Any suggestions on this?

I?ve tested a simple scene with both Lua code and adding steps in the advanced editor.  They both work with ?PlayURI?, but with ?Say? the scene claims ?success? but I hear no output.

The TTS option in the Sonos plugin is where I see the ?access denied? message.

I have not yet tried steps 8 and 9 because it?s a bit complicated, and I?m not real comfortable uploading stuff into Vera.  If that is still necessary, I will give it a shot, I just wanted to make sure that was still required.  Is that my next step?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:43:52 am by ilikelife »

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
Re: Another Sonos TTS and "access denied" problem
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 12:28:22 pm »
If you have enabled the secure unit feature one day, apparently disabling it later does not work well and require an action from Vera support team.
If they are not able to fix this  bug, they could at least explain what they do manually as a workaround.
Are you in this case ?

Offline ilikelife

Re: Another Sonos TTS and "access denied" problem
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 12:55:39 pm »
Are you in this case ?

I don't think so, but I am not absolutely sure that I didn't enable and disable sometime in the past.  I was hoping someone could tell if that grayed out check mark might indicate that I had.

If you think that is likely the problem, I'll enter a tech support ticket.

In the meantime any other ideas are still welcome!

Thanks

Offline ilikelife

Re: ** Solved ** Another Sonos TTS and "access denied" problem
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 08:49:02 am »
Hi All,

Just an update.  Vera Tech Support checked and found the "secure Vera" option had been checked then unchecked sometime in the past.  They cleared the hidden flag,and now Text To Speech on Sonos works!

Thanks!