We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: ply audio when door sensor trip?  (Read 2944 times)

Offline dannieboiz

ply audio when door sensor trip?
« on: May 07, 2015, 06:39:22 pm »
Is it possible to have imperihome play a sound when a windows/doors sensor is changed? Even better if it can play a custom mp3 track on the device for each event.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
Re: ply audio when door sensor trip?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 11:20:57 pm »
The answer is YES to both questions with Vera Alerts android notifications.

Offline Ruckus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 11:39:15 pm »
I use Vera alerts for my sensors and locks to send me a notification if they trip (damn cat sets off the motion sensor in my dining room every day, heh)and have my android devices setup to use text to speech to read the notification when it comes in. It's funny when my phone starts talking in a work meeting and says my front door was unlocked by my wife and the system has been bypassed.

Offline dannieboiz

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 11:58:44 pm »
Lol thats why i dont plan on doing this to my phone. Its for the wall tablet in the kitchen and familyroom.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 02:13:04 am »
As I said ... Vera Alerts can do TTS or play a specified sound file on the android device, or just play a notification alert.

Offline dannieboiz

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 02:14:38 am »
just downloaded vera alerts. Still trying to figure out how to get it setup

Offline ctguess

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 09:41:43 am »
The imperihome plugin for vera (not the android app) will also expose your android tablet as a TTS destination after you configure the plugin with your tablet's IP address.  That function will be in the Advanced area of the scene creation

Offline Ruckus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 09:50:15 am »
As soon as I installed the Imperihome (Imperihome is awesome!) plugin it seemed it was causing instability in my Vera. The unit would stop communicating with the outside world once every day or two. I had to remove it. I never researched it thoroughly, but as soon as I removed it about a week ago, all was well again, haven't lost Vera since. Just saying...

Offline tomgru

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 10:19:59 am »
As soon as I installed the Imperihome (Imperihome is awesome!) plugin it seemed it was causing instability in my Vera. The unit would stop communicating with the outside world once every day or two. I had to remove it. I never researched it thoroughly, but as soon as I removed it about a week ago, all was well again, haven't lost Vera since. Just saying...

I have six tablets wall mounted and haven't seen this problem.., all with the plugin installed.

Offline ctguess

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 11:05:58 am »
I've not seen any stability issues with mine either.  Perhaps the Vera is facing cpu/memory constraint issues and you've hit a limit in terms of being able to install plugins and ANY new plugin might cause the issue, not just the imperihome one.  Have you installed others after removing imperihome and not seen any stability issues? 

Offline Ruckus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 01:34:46 pm »
If you are only using the plugin on local devices (wall mounted tablets) , not over the internet as I was, that might be the issue. Not sure though really. I am certain it is not a memory issue though, I only have 2 plugins installed now, Vera Alerts and Multiswitch, with about 30 devices, very few scenes. I have a feeling my cameras are hogging my local network (6 cameras, all streaming to an NVR over my wireless) which is bottlenecking my network a bit. I really need to move them off the main network. But, this is all speculation and anecdotal evidence only suggests it was the Imperihome plugin.

Offline dannieboiz

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 05:29:08 pm »
Spent a few hours messing with things and I'm able to get this to work quite well.

Here are some of the things I was able to do.

Door sensor open/close - Announce location, switch dashboard page to dedicated camera page for 15 seconds then change back to default page.

Camera motion sensor trip - Announce location, switch dashboard page to dedicated camera page for 15 seconds then change back to default

at first, I was using Veraalerts to do the announcement then realized that Imperihome plugin can do this as well and all is history.