We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Volumio support  (Read 6464 times)

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
Re: Volumio support as renderer
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 07:21:12 am »
The only problem is that track data are not displayed by the plugin. I will debug this problem.

Apparently it is not yet implemented in Volumio. Maybe in a next version.

Good news, that is now available and working in Volumio 1.5.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 07:23:00 am »
Regarding TTS, it is not working perfectly:
1 - the beginning of the sentence is truncated. Probably a bug in the Volumio player relative to the low MP3 bitrate used by Google. Same problem as in XBMC (don't remember if XBMC has now fixed this issue).
2 - when restoring the track playback, only the current track is restored, the playlist is lost. It is because the plugin is not managing playlist.
3 - when restoring the track playback, seeking at the last position sometimes takes a lot of time. That being said, even when using the Volumio UI, seeking sometimes takes time.

With Volumio 1.5, the beginning of the TTS is still truncated and now the restore of the track is no more working at all.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 07:24:39 am »
Regarding Volumio as a UPnP server, browsing data by the plugin is not working well. I need to debug.

Apparently, it is not well implemented in Volumio. BubbleUPnP does not do better than me on this side. When you request for example the list of artists, Volumio returns a valid XML but without nothing inside.

Same thing in Volumio 1.5.

Maybe that is just I don't understand how to trigger the indexing of the library or how to properly enable this feature ?

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
Re: Volumio support
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2014, 07:27:14 am »
With volumio 1.5, I noticed that muting/unmuting the sound is working but apparently the mute from the plugin is not the same as the mute from the volumio UI. If I mute from the volumio UI, I cannot unmute from the plugin. The reverse is true. I will try to understand the reason.

Offline nallan

Re: Volumio support
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 11:34:19 am »
Hi
Anyone got any suggestions on why the DLNA media controller plugin isn't seeing my volumio renderer? the scan finds my other two Yamaha dlna devices, but I can't get it to find the volumio with or without the upnp discovery installed.  Any suggestion on what I should be typing into the manual url field.