Author Topic: UI7 and thermostats (in user_data)  (Read 2289 times)

Offline intveltr

UI7 and thermostats (in user_data)
« on: May 09, 2015, 03:18:44 pm »
Is there any documentation on the new and different way that UI7 (some versions at least) report on thermostats in user_data.  On UI5, the heat and cooling setpoint are reported separately.  UI7 seems to report the "current setpoint", whatever that means (especially on an idle thermostat), and "all setpoints" comma separated in a single variable.  Separately setting heating and cooling setpoints still appears to work.

I'm sure I can sort of reverse engineer how thermostats work in UI7, but I prefer some documentation.  Is there any?
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: UI7 and thermostats (in user_data)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 05:27:20 pm »
I do not think there is a data model change in user_data. ... I think it's just a UI change.

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 05:30:17 pm »

Offline intveltr

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 05:06:50 pm »
The only update is as recorded in the wiki:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPnP_Variables_and_Actions

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Must have missed that update...
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline gengen

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 10:32:10 am »
I have asked Vera Controls repeatedly over the past 6 months to enable the UI5 thermostat behavior. The new model is decidedly inferior for home automation since it does not allow various features such as heat setpoint, cool setpoint, operating mode and fan mode to be changed independently. This was all possible from the UI5 GUI, not to mention from UPnP as well as Z-Wave. Not only did UI7 "dumb down" the GUI, it also did the same to the  underlying data model, and broke compatibility with UI5 at several levels.

I would suggest requesting Vera to restore UI5 thermostat functionality in their next release. If enough people keep asking, maybe they will finally get the message.

Offline Gemini9674

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 08:39:42 am »
Amen!  This has been a HUGE hassle since upgrading to UI 7. I also vote for built-in Aux Heat functionality as well.