Author Topic: Aeotec Multisensor 6 (AEZW100A) - anyone used it?  (Read 106673 times)

Online ZW-Tom

Re: Aeotec Multisensor 6 (AEZW100A) - anyone used it?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 05:09:57 pm »
Hey Tom, that worked for me following your instructions. Still trying to figure out how to get the UV sensor working, I am thinking the device file is the wrong type but not sure if there is a UV device file.

The device file is UVSensor1.xml, but it is not supported by Vera.
Tom

Online ZW-Tom

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 05:13:51 pm »
Looks like this thing does all sorts of stuff... http://aeotec.com/z-wave-sensor

Anyone tried one, or know if Vera UI5 will actually support all the functions properly?

I received my new MultiSensor 6 today, but it installaed as a GenericIO device. To get it working, I did the following with my VeraLite running UI5 Ver-1.5.672.

Under the Advanced Tab, change the following:

device_type:
DELETE: urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:GenericIO:1
ADD: urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1

device_file:
DELETE: D_GenericIO1.xml
ADD: D_MotionSensor1.xml

Hope that helps,
Tom

who did you order from? everything now says pre-order until july 5th

I pre-ordered from thesmartesthouse.com but I see they are now sold out until July 5th.
Tom

Offline aurora912

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 02:01:43 am »
If Vera decides to support this MultiSensor (Or any new device for that matter), does UI5 get the upgrade or will only newer versions of UI7 be supported?

Haven't been around long enough to know if UI updates include zwave updates or if its a separate thing.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 09:43:04 am »
If Vera decides to support this MultiSensor (Or any new device for that matter), does UI5 get the upgrade or will only newer versions of UI7 be supported?

Haven't been around long enough to know if UI updates include zwave updates or if its a separate thing.

pretty sure they are supporting UI5 anymore... they like to support UI7... the most recent, most buggy (by a mile), worst version.

Offline helraiser

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 06:47:26 pm »

pretty sure they are supporting UI5 anymore... they like to support UI7... the most recent, most buggy (by a mile), worst version.

Yup, definitely sure it'll be UI7 and higher only. UI5's days are numbered. Ultimately we'll have to decide on upgrading firmware or controller. Not looking forward to that day.

Offline ilikelife

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 10:11:46 pm »
Just received mine today, and installed on a Vera3 and UI7 V1.7.599

As ZW-Tom and others experienced, it created as _Generic IO.  It also created 4 child devices.  _Light Sensor, _Temperature Sensor, _Humidity Sensor and one named: "_GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor)".  ???

The light, temp and humidity all seem to be working.  I followed Tom's instructions, and changed the device type and file, but it gets stuck at "Purging associations".  I've tried excluding and re-including, reset to factory, but can't get past purging associations, so it does not get configured.

I get no motion detection from either the parent or the _GET_LANG sensor, but I do get a tamper alarm when I pick up the device!  The small manual that came with it says "view the expanded manual http://aeotec.com/support" but I can't find a manual there yet for this new model.

Has anyone else had these problems?  Any suggestions are appreciated.  I'll try Aeotec and The Smartest house on Monday, but always try here first.

Offline hoangtuan12345

Online ZW-Tom

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2015, 06:21:32 pm »
Just received mine today, and installed on a Vera3 and UI7 V1.7.599

As ZW-Tom and others experienced, it created as _Generic IO.  It also created 4 child devices.  _Light Sensor, _Temperature Sensor, _Humidity Sensor and one named: "_GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor)".  ???

The light, temp and humidity all seem to be working.  I followed Tom's instructions, and changed the device type and file, but it gets stuck at "Purging associations".  I've tried excluding and re-including, reset to factory, but can't get past purging associations, so it does not get configured.

I get no motion detection from either the parent or the _GET_LANG sensor, but I do get a tamper alarm when I pick up the device!  The small manual that came with it says "view the expanded manual http://aeotec.com/support" but I can't find a manual there yet for this new model.

Has anyone else had these problems?  Any suggestions are appreciated.  I'll try Aeotec and The Smartest house on Monday, but always try here first.

The Multisensor 6 Motion does not work with UI7 (not supported), even if you change the device file to "D_MotionSensor1.xml". The "_GET_LAN" sensor is the UV Sensor which is also not supported by Vera UI5 or UI7. I tested this on my Vera Edge (UI7). I don't use the Edge and hope Vera will someday get UI7 to work. The good news is I still use the VeraLite with UI5 and the MultiSensor 6 works for Motion, Light, Temp and Humidity. Tamper and UV are not supported.

Tom

Marc Shenker

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 10:26:25 am »

We are in the process of testing and integrating the Multisensor into the platform.

Regarding UI5, we have not updated UI5 in over two years. The only way to have this sensor properly integrate into UI5 would be via a plugin but note that UI5 does not run on a controller with the Z-Wave Plus (500 series) chip.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 12:44:34 pm »

We are in the process of testing and integrating the Multisensor into the platform.

Regarding UI5, we have not updated UI5 in over two years. The only way to have this sensor properly integrate into UI5 would be via a plugin but note that UI5 does not run on a controller with the Z-Wave Plus (500 series) chip.

Mark,
Looks like a few people have made the device work almost 100% in UI5. It would be nice if you can make a plugin for it, minus functions that TRULY requires 'plus'. Most of us don't see Vera adding any value these days. The easiest way for you t do so is to support new devices that many of the users want via UI5.

Many (I suspect a ton) of us are not moving to UI7 ...

a) We simply don't see it as stable

b) Many frequent reports of UI5 functions that no longer work in UI7 and I often see posts of 'was working, now broken', with every new UI7 build. 

c) Does not add any needed functionality over UI5... user built plugins like AltUI, PLEG, SmartSwitch, MultiSwitch, etc are 10x better than the UI7 interface and work great on UI5

As you can see if you read the forums... many of us have filling Vera's shortcomings by using user plugins and done things like: purchased/integrated Wink hub, OpenHAB, ISY, etc.
This is a clear sign that Vera is not doing making strides to keep the user base happy and locked into the Vera platform. If you want to keep your user base, you need to add value.

Interested to see if you will integrate this. I will be buying one to test and I suspect my Wink hub will support it. I'd like to not need a workaround, and to have it in my Vera directly.

Offline helraiser

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 02:24:14 pm »
Totally off topic here. Though I agree with Aaron that the userbase surrounding UI5 is still fairly large, Vera as a company has chosen to go ahead with a new revision for their controller. Ultimately, we'll all have to push ahead to UI7 and try and work through all the issues we see posted. It's possible  work is being done on the next version which will be Vera's version of Windows 7 (considering UI7 to be Vista and UI5 WinXP ^_^ )

A patch here and there would be awesome but as much as I want, I can't in good conscience expect them to go back and work on UI5 as their ultimate goal would be for the UI7 uptake to increase. Who knows, perhaps the more people are on UI5, the better the chances of getting those kinks worked out. Still, not everyone has issues with UI7.

With that said, I'm a user and not a developer. I am using the Vera as my main controller and can't afford a second/test controller. And so as UI5 is the most stable and compatible with my plugins and devices, I will not be upgrading any time soon. FWIW, I bought the Vera with UI7 installed and gave it a shot. I ultimtately requested a downgrade after I hit boiling point on my frustratometer.

When I'm less busy at work and no one's home, maybe i'll take a day to go that route. Till then we have 3 choices. 1) upgrade to UI7 and work out the kinks as the developer does also, 2) stay at UI5 knowing very little, if any, change will be coming or 3) ditch Vera and go elsewhere.

GL

Offline spulley

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 07:12:02 pm »
I've been looking at getting this sensor to help me monitor my mother who has dementia in her room.   I want to know if there is movement in her room after 11:pm and if her lights are turned on.  I am also very interested in the vibration sensor.  Do you think it would be sensitive enough to detect a fall?

Shad

Offline ilikelife

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 10:03:22 pm »
@ZW-Tom,

Thanks for the reply.  It does seem weird that this new device works on 5 but not 7, but now I know.

@Marc Shenker,

Good to hear you're working on it. There are not a lot of good choices in sensors available now (imho) and this one shows promise.  I will comment that the updates are making UI7 a little better each month.  There are still issues, but new features and fixes are showing progress.

Maybe you could just hire amg0 as a temporary consultant?   ;D

Offline aurora912

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2015, 06:49:03 am »
Anyone got there hands on the recessed ceiling mount yet??  Interested to see how it looks.

Marc Shenker

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2015, 11:56:29 am »

Mark,
Looks like a few people have made the device work almost 100% in UI5. It would be nice if you can make a plugin for it, minus functions that TRULY requires 'plus'. Most of us don't see Vera adding any value these days. The easiest way for you t do so is to support new devices that many of the users want via UI5.

Many (I suspect a ton) of us are not moving to UI7 ...

a) We simply don't see it as stable

b) Many frequent reports of UI5 functions that no longer work in UI7 and I often see posts of 'was working, now broken', with every new UI7 build. 

c) Does not add any needed functionality over UI5... user built plugins like AltUI, PLEG, SmartSwitch, MultiSwitch, etc are 10x better than the UI7 interface and work great on UI5

As you can see if you read the forums... many of us have filling Vera's shortcomings by using user plugins and done things like: purchased/integrated Wink hub, OpenHAB, ISY, etc.
This is a clear sign that Vera is not doing making strides to keep the user base happy and locked into the Vera platform. If you want to keep your user base, you need to add value.

Interested to see if you will integrate this. I will be buying one to test and I suspect my Wink hub will support it. I'd like to not need a workaround, and to have it in my Vera directly.

Aaron, Like I said, we have not done anything to UI5 in over two years, any new functionality has come from users developing plugins. The issue with things in UI5 not working in UI7 is not one that we can help. We have published and created tools for plugin authors/developers to update their plugins so that they are compatible and we have even offered them a free VeraEdge to test with but we cannot make them do it. We are working diligently at natively integrating more and more things into the platform but understand that Rome wasn't built in a day. More and more gets integrated with every Firmware update. We also continue to add additional functionality and features that UI5 users can't take advantage of like geofencing and others and we will be introducing more later on in the year.

If your Vera system is functioning the way that you want it to and it does what you want it do, I'm not going to try to convince you to switch. If it aint broken don't fix it. If at some point you decide it's time to make the switch we are here to help, me and our entire Customer Care Team.