We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: LED recessed lights, what dimmer to buy?  (Read 5031 times)

Offline activemind

• Sr. Newbie
Re: LED recessed lights, what dimmer to buy?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 06:10:33 pm »
Went ahead and bought 2 GE dimmers and 3 GE rocker switches at Lowes. The dimmers would need to be shipped but it was 3 day free shipping so no harm.

Thanks for answering all my questions. I will post my experience in the forum once I have had a chance to play with them.

-AM

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 06:11:37 pm »
Went ahead and bought 2 GE dimmers and 3 GE rocker switches at Lowes. The dimmers would need to be shipped but it was 3 day free shipping so no harm.

Thanks for answering all my questions. I will post my experience in the forum once I have had a chance to play with them.

-AM

I hope you split the order into two and did 15.00 off each order for a total of 30.00 off.  ;D

Offline strohlde

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 06:25:13 pm »
I hope you split the order into two and did 15.00 off each order for a total of 30.00 off.  ;D

like a true slick dealer :P

Offline activemind

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 06:29:01 pm »
Yes, I did. 15 off 50 and 20 off 100.

Now lets see if they have them in stock or they call me and say that they dont have them anymore (has happened to me with Lowes where they accept online order and then call back and say that they dont have them in stock and online stock was incorrect).

-AM

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 07:28:31 pm »
Yes, I did. 15 off 50 and 20 off 100.

Now lets see if they have them in stock or they call me and say that they dont have them anymore (has happened to me with Lowes where they accept online order and then call back and say that they dont have them in stock and online stock was incorrect).

-AM

Well done!

Offline Aaron

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 10:38:35 am »
If you decide you want the best dimmers, and they are less cost than most zwave ones, get Insteon. They are everything you want, AND more. You'll need an insteon interface but it it well worth it imo. Zwave dimmers and switches are total crap in comparison

Offline activemind

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 10:50:08 am »
I respectfully disagree that zwave switches are crap in comparison. Not at least in build quality.

I have a couple (read 3) insteon devices because I was experimenting with them. They work okay but I don't think they look as good.

They feel geekish and WAF is less than the GE switches I bought.

And WAF is important in all home improvement projects, at least to me if I want to keep going :-)

Offline Aaron

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 07:33:28 pm »
I was measuring a combo of things vs cost...
Build quality... Insteon = high end Leviton, ge and the clones are way lower
Features...  Insteon beats all by a mile. True up & down rocker, initial dim level set, quick double tap to fast full or off, settable ramp rate, scene capable, etc

Looks is a personal preference, I like the insteon looks and dim level indicator, led indicator color and intensity change ability.