Author Topic: Grasshopper Broken on Windows 8.1  (Read 1600 times)

Offline mikewooduk

Grasshopper Broken on Windows 8.1
« on: May 15, 2015, 01:08:42 pm »
Hi Guys,

Anyone having issues with Grasshopper on Windows 8.1 or 8.X.

Have an usual bug here that I can replicate on a Windows 8.1 Tablet and a full blown Windows 8.1 PC.

When selecting the camera, I am getting the following error:-

HRESULT: 0x80072F7D

I suspect a windows update has killed something.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Mike

Offline mramgine

• Beta Testers
Re: Grasshopper Broken on Windows 8.1
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 09:20:24 am »
I'm the dev. I just pulled the app down and none of my cameras are having issues.   I suspect something accidentally has changed on your vera.   Is the website working?  I'm thinking the url is not returning an image.  The url format is this: yourveraurl\data_request?id=request_image&cam=123

You can send an email to the support email in the app and maybe i can help you further.  Also there is a forum setup specifically for Grasshopper. You will get a quicker response from folks if you post in there.
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline mikewooduk

Re: Grasshopper Broken on Windows 8.1
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 02:37:02 am »
Hi,

I am able to replicate this over 3 different Vera's that I run, this includes Vera Lite, Vera 3 and Vera Edge.

I am also able to replicate this from a Windows 8.1 Touchscreen PC based at a different location as to my home one.  This was all working perfectly until the last set of Windows Updates, when I google the error, it mentions a stack overflow.  No picture is displayed, just the error message in a small box.

Please note that this is on a desktop pc and not the mobile version.

Many thanks,

Mike