Author Topic: RTSP stream link to ImperiHome  (Read 18473 times)

Offline knuppel

• Sr. Newbie
Re: RTSP stream link to ImperiHome
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 11:41:57 am »
Almost ready to give up on IOS.

You Apple fans are strong. Keep holding in there for apple to be more open.......  ;D
Since I really like the Imperihome API function, I tried an Android tablet with Imperihome Pro.
RTSP is not working. Authentication is off. Error message:"This camera does not have a usable JPEG URL."

Using:
rtsp://ipadress:554/Streaming/Channels/1
Camera: Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I fw 5.3.0.

Opening the url in browser/video app works flawlessly. Any ideas?

Your problem sounds to be with the JPEG or still shot not with the RTSP/MJPEG (live video). What do you have entered for the bottom line or the "LOCAL JPEG URL"? If that doesn't work you won't even get to the next step.
God i feel stupid. I didn't expect this behaviour, but a live feed in de dashboard.
After adding the still url, i was able to click on it and see the live stream. Working now thanks!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:45:22 am by knuppel »

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 11:44:56 am »

You Apple fans are strong. Keep holding in there for apple to be more open.......  ;D
Since I really like the Imperihome API function, I tried an Android tablet with Imperihome Pro.
RTSP is not working. Authentication is off. Error message:"This camera does not have a usable JPEG URL."

Using:

Your problem sounds to be with the JPEG or still shot not with the RTSP/MJPEG (live video). What do you have entered for the bottom line or the "LOCAL JPEG URL"? If that doesn't work you won't even get to the next step.
God i feel stupid. I didn't expect this behaviour, but a live feed in de dashboard.
After adding the still url, i was able to click on it and see the live stream.

Yup the jpeg or dashboard refresh options can be set to continuous or how ever many secs you want under the settings for that device. Live RTSP only works when you click or open that device up from the dashboard. I have many cameras and 3 houses/veras in my dashboard. I have slowed down my refresh rate to get my dashboard to load quicker.

Offline knuppel

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 11:46:00 am »

Using:

After adding the still url, i was able to click on it and see the live stream.

Yup the jpeg or dashboard refresh options can be set to continuous or how ever many secs you want under the settings for that device. Live RTSP only works when you click or open that device up from the dashboard. I have many cameras and 3 houses/veras in my dashboard. I have slowed down my refresh rate to get my dashboard to load quicker.

Is there any way i can use the API to open the live stream instantly?
I have a doorbell which should open the live stream on my tablet. The quality of RTSP is much better, and all the functionality is already in Imperihome? (clicking on the still also open a sort of dashboard page)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:56:59 am by knuppel »

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 02:58:39 pm »
Maybe I mis understand but if you install the vera plugin "imperihome" from the vera app store (setit up for the tablet ip), you can then use a scene or PLEG to trigger that tablet to instantly open the camera feed when a trigger is tripped. In your case door bell. 

I use this for motion detection on the front porch when someone walks up the wall mounted tablet switches to the front porch camera. I do not use RTSP stream tho I'm streaming from BlueIris to Imperihome not direct from camera. But I don't see how that would make a difference.

EDIT: Yes after reading your question again I think you might not know about the Imperihome plugin in vera. That will allow you trigger the APP to flip or open a certain PAGE of your choice.

https://imperihome.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201397057-How-to-install-the-MIOS-Vera-Plugin-

This is obviously showing ui5 but it works in ui7 also.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:01:25 pm by integlikewhoa »

Offline knuppel

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 03:41:19 pm »
No I understand and use the Vera Imperihome plugin.
But: I can only goto dashboard pages, and not directly to the RTSP stream (the page you see when clicking on the camera). I want to go to this (sub)page directly.

When opening this page it's titled as the name of the camera. I've tried using this name in the http string, without succes.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2015, 03:52:55 pm »
No I understand and use the Vera Imperihome plugin.
But: I can only goto dashboard pages, and not directly to the RTSP stream (the page you see when clicking on the camera). I want to go to this (sub)page directly.

When opening this page it's titled as the name of the camera. I've tried using this name in the http string, without succes.

Ahhh Yes I understand now. This might be a good time to post that question in the main ImperiHome Plugin thread or maybe even in the Imperihome Beta forum on google PLUS.

I'll have to look how I have mine at home tho. Judging by what your saying mine maybe just a 1x1 page with only the image but that wouldn't give you the rtsp feed quality you need. If your not on the beta I can post that question there for you and maybe search the main plugin thread on here and ask there.

Offline knuppel

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 02:58:45 am »
Im not on the beta program so please do.
Making a RTSP widget would be welcome also. This way i can show all my cameras thumbnails in maximum quality. I can imagine this would be more efficient than continuously refreshing multiple camera feeds.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 10:45:56 am »
Im not on the beta program so please do.
Making a RTSP widget would be welcome also. This way i can show all my cameras thumbnails in maximum quality. I can imagine this would be more efficient than continuously refreshing multiple camera feeds.

I'm afraid they would be worried about page load times. All those thumbnails and devices need to keep checking or refreshing. So vera, and each camera. If your on a cell network then you end up even worse (I know you may be talking about a local tablet only on wifi) but the app is designed for all uses.

I have posted in the BETA forum and will update.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 05:43:34 pm »
Update:

This was posted on the BETA forum by the Mod.

Hi, we are currently adding a new command to the local API of the app "/api/rest/camera/view" it will allow opening fullscreen view of a camera that is declared in the app => should do the trick for you :)
(It'll be in the next beta)

Offline tomgru

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2015, 11:32:48 am »
Update:

Hi, we are currently adding a new command to the local API of the app "/api/rest/camera/view" it will allow opening fullscreen view of a camera that is declared in the app => should do the trick for you :)

Now if we only knew when that would be... 😃

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2015, 01:27:13 pm »
Update:

Now if we only knew when that would be... 😃

Their betas roll out fast, not like VERA's one month. I would guess soon.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2015, 01:14:36 pm »
New beta of imperihome was just released with this function.

Offline ashsav

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2015, 07:10:47 pm »
with new beta of imerihome i managed to display full screen camera for 10secs when motion is detected.
within vera automation created a scene with trigger via motion, then put in luup code
local status, result = luup.inet.wget("http://10.0.1.101:8080/api/rest/camera/view?devid=V6_35203235_D_81", 5)
local status, result = luup.inet.wget("http://10.0.1.102:8080/api/rest/camera/view?devid=VE_35203235_D_81", 5)
luup.sleep(10000)
local status, result = luup.inet.wget("http://10.0.1.101:8080/api/rest/dashboard/gotopage?pageIdx=0", 5)
local status, result = luup.inet.wget("http://10.0.1.102:8080/api/rest/dashboard/gotopage?pageIdx=0", 5)

this loads camera full screen for 10secs on both my wall mounted nexus's then go's back to home page"0"
got camera URL via ipaddress:8080 of nexus

hope this helps someone...

Offline bdevaux

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2015, 08:07:43 pm »
thanks I'm going to borrow this

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2015, 08:32:49 pm »
Ok guys here's a bit more info for you.

First make sure you imperihome device is on and you have the imperihome server enabled in your setting in imperihome.

Enter your device ip followed by the server port for that server like below

http://your_android_device_ip:8080

Webpage for the server should showup.

Got to camera show/hide then click "GET" then "Try it out" under the camera list to find out your list of camera ID's. your going to need this for the camera's your gonna use. This information will be in the device body section after the devID in "quotes".

Now you can make your http address and try it out. You can do this manually or use the "POST' button

http://YOUR_DEVICE_IP:8080/api/rest/camera/view?devid=YOUR_CAMERA_ID

Everyones's device ID will be different and it's not just the Name of the camera.

Here is what mine was.
http://192.168.1.106:8080/api/rest/camera/view?devid=IC_IC_468_IPC_1
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:35:51 pm by integlikewhoa »