Author Topic: Fibaro FGBS-001 universal binary sensor with UI7 !!  (Read 19396 times)

Offline Quinten

• Awooga!!!
Re: Fibaro FGBS-001 universal binary sensor with UI7 !!
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2017, 11:33:00 am »
Update!

I had taken mine out of my setup for a while and today I had some time to look at it again.  I re-added the sensor to the Vera Lite controller (I'm still on 1.7.947) as a Generic Z-Wave device and was pleasantly surprised to see it being recognised as the FGBS221 with two inputs and a temperature sensor.  It was however still not recognising anything on the two inputs, so I went back to my email archive and found the following instructions from Vera support

In order for the inputs to work properly after the inclusion you will need to add a variable to each of the inputs. To do that please go to Devices and press on the arrow pointing to the right for each input and then Advanced > New Service and add the variable form below

Service: "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1",
Variable: "BasicSetCapabilities",
Value: "00=U0,FF=T0"

I looked at the BasicSetCapabilities value first and noticed it had different values there.  I then followed the above instruction (so adding the parameter, even though it is already there) and reloaded the interface once done.

And now the inputs work!
VeraLite - UI7 1.7.947 | 8x Fibaro FGD211 | 2x Fibaro FGS221 | 1x Fibaro FGBS321 | 3x Fibaro FGRGBW | 1x Everspring SP814 | 2x Everspring AN157-3 | 2x Heatmiser PRT-TS WiFi | 1x Logitech Harmony Hub | 1x Philips LivingColour

Offline kwieto

« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2017, 02:55:01 pm »
sensor inputs are reporting the correct state instantly and temperatures are also reported

You have temp reading AND inputs from the same sensor?
According to the Fibaro manual it is either temp or binary inputs. It would be nice to have both at the same time

Offline pls90

« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2017, 03:03:58 pm »
yes, both temp and the 2 inputs!

Offline kwieto

« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2017, 03:31:42 pm »
That's a very good news for me!
I have one (working without problems, and without any modification of the settings), but suggested by manual (and phone talk with support) I didn't even try to attach temp sensor. And that would be really nice at the location where I have it.

Offline pls90

« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2017, 03:41:21 pm »
That's a very good news for me!
I have one (working without problems, and without any modification of the settings), but suggested by manual (and phone talk with support) I didn't even try to attach temp sensor. And that would be really nice at the location where I have it.
please be aware that for the temp to work you have to do the inclusion with temp probes already attached. So in your case that means you have to exclude first.

Offline kwieto

« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2017, 02:42:05 am »
Yes, I'm aware of that (according to the manual every change in configuration of temp. sensors need exclusion/re-inclusion to be working) but thanks for reminding!