Author Topic: Anyone using ImperiHome to control audio  (Read 2249 times)

Offline WinoOutWest

• Sr. Newbie
Anyone using ImperiHome to control audio
« on: May 27, 2015, 02:49:02 pm »
I am currently using iRule http://www.iruleathome.com/to control my house.
It brings together the ability to control my RS232 or IP controlled AV receivers with my Vera and other items(camera, IR Blaster, EventGhost etc)
The Vera support is nice but flawed and buggy and I am looking for an alternative.  I became a ImperiHome Pro user a while ago but don't use it mainstream because of the lack of Audio control.

My current amps (3 of them providing 6 zones of audio throughout the house are controlled (with Feedback) through a couple Global Cache RS232 controllers.  This allow me to change the volume, get feedback on the volume level, switch inputs etc on the same panel as my light controls etc.

Is anyone doing this and can anyone give me some direction on how I might do this (without custom coding my own app)?  I would love to ditch iRule for ImperiHome as it seems to be way more stable and responsive with my Vera.
Cheers!

Offline tomtcom

Re: Anyone using ImperiHome to control audio
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 02:53:04 pm »
I am currently using iRule http://www.iruleathome.com/to control my house.
It brings together the ability to control my RS232 or IP controlled AV receivers with my Vera and other items(camera, IR Blaster, EventGhost etc)
The Vera support is nice but flawed and buggy and I am looking for an alternative.  I became a ImperiHome Pro user a while ago but don't use it mainstream because of the lack of Audio control.

My current amps (3 of them providing 6 zones of audio throughout the house are controlled (with Feedback) through a couple Global Cache RS232 controllers.  This allow me to change the volume, get feedback on the volume level, switch inputs etc on the same panel as my light controls etc.

Is anyone doing this and can anyone give me some direction on how I might do this (without custom coding my own app)?  I would love to ditch iRule for ImperiHome as it seems to be way more stable and responsive with my Vera.
Cheers!

A lot of people are using Sonos and maybe some other things but I don't use audio, just an Imperihome user. If there are any Vera plugins that can control your equipment they would be usable in Imperihome.

If you are asking if Imperihome natively supports audio equipment I think the answer is no, go to My Systems in Imperihome app to see if anything is there.

Also, google the Imperihome Beta channel and sign up. You can use Google+ and ask the developers on this specific question.

Offline Jamr

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 11:31:54 pm »
I got Vera to learn my home theater codes with my TV/RCVR and other equipment. You have to be on UI5 and have hardware to learn and customize and transmit the IR codes.
Then I was able to make buttons in IH to turn the equipment on and off.
Unfortunately UI7 does not have the learning capability. I am since investigating a move to Home Seer for this functionality.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 10:26:35 am »
I got Vera to learn my home theater codes with my TV/RCVR and other equipment. You have to be on UI5 and have hardware to learn and customize and transmit the IR codes.
Then I was able to make buttons in IH to turn the equipment on and off.
Unfortunately UI7 does not have the learning capability. I am since investigating a move to Home Seer for this functionality.

Ive done similar with the harmony plugin and the itch.  Once you have something like that set up, you have to create scenes for each action (like ON, OFF, VOL+. etc.)- a bit time consuming.  Then you can create custom "buttons" in Imperihome for each.  Works well... just takes some time.