We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Important Ecobee plugin update coming - PLEASE READ  (Read 4462 times)

Offline watou

• Community Beta
Re: Important Ecobee plugin update coming - PLEASE READ
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 08:48:22 am »
I read somewhere in this forum that MCV claims this bug is a 'feature' of caching writes for not to wear-down the memory.

It's true that it's important to minimize writes to flash memory to increase its working life, but there are also techniques available to not lose data on abnormal process termination.  Since the Vera runtime is a proprietary black box, I have no way of knowing what is or isn't being done to stop this issue, what's causing abnormal terminations, etc.

Offline watou

• Community Beta
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 01:24:04 pm »
Hey, I just noticed a service problem at ecobee.com (can't perform user login, says my accounts don't exist), and my two instances of the Ecobee plugin also had failures.  As a result of the failures, the plugin instances are not spamming ecobee.com, but instead asking me to authorize the instances again.  I take this as a sign that the intended change in v1.1 is working as designed.

What are your observations today?

Thanks,
watou

P.S. I then found the tweet from @ecobee: https://twitter.com/ecobee/status/606507108109021184

Edit #2: Ecobee restored service, and then I realized that only one of my two instances had lost its authorization (the one for ecobee3 was lost; but the instance for the older Smart Si recovered by itself after the outage).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 04:49:12 pm by watou »

Offline tomgru

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 10:25:12 am »
Mine still connected... icon green and all seems fine.