We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI7 ▾ Version 7.0.7 (1.7.583/1.7.1142)  (Read 20995 times)

Offline copekyle

Re: UI7 ▾ Version 7.0.7 (1.7.583/1.7.1142)
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2015, 06:20:05 pm »
General Question for All and especially Marc-
Is Vera doing anything with the current plugins in "their" app store?  There are a few that simply do not work with new updates and the developers have stopped updating them.  Is Vera in charge of removing them or do they assume the role of bringing them up to date?  There is no system in place (yet) to report plugins that don't work or that (even worse) contain malicious code.  I see this as a slight problem.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2015, 06:48:41 pm »
Is Vera doing anything with the current plugins in "their" app store?  There are a few that simply do not work with new updates and the developers have stopped updating them.  Is Vera in charge of removing them or do they assume the role of bringing them up to date?  There is no system in place (yet) to report plugins that don't work or that (even worse) contain malicious code.  I see this as a slight problem.

The problem is not everyone wants to be on ui7 or the latest. So the app store works for more then just "the latest". It's up to the developers to do what they want with the plugins. If the plugin is greatly used and people email vera they will contact the developer, find out whats up and may take it over they decided its needed. But the plugins are not created by VERA nor do they have any huge role in any of that. They only step on toes when they choose to.

Problem it maybe. Most plugins start out by being manually shared on the forums and installed. If it gets big enough then the creator can upload it and turn over all his rights.

Offline copekyle

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2015, 10:07:00 am »

The problem is not everyone wants to be on ui7 or the latest. So the app store works for more then just "the latest". It's up to the developers to do what they want with the plugins. If the plugin is greatly used and people email vera they will contact the developer, find out whats up and may take it over they decided its needed. But the plugins are not created by VERA nor do they have any huge role in any of that. They only step on toes when they choose to.

Problem it maybe. Most plugins start out by being manually shared on the forums and installed. If it gets big enough then the creator can upload it and turn over all his rights.

I'm probably not alone in that I bought my vera mostly because of the active development community.  I appreciate the developers and would never take anything away from them.  I feel the app store needs a comment section.  I've been trying to get a few apps to work with UI7 and no one in the forum has mentioned whether they work (yet) and the developer has moved on.  Can we not get an extra place in the app store for comments?  Or even a thumbs up/down system for UI5, UI6 and UI7?  I would just like a little warning before I install something that throws me into a boot loop.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2015, 10:11:54 am »
There is a rating system.

View the App store from:
   http://apps.mios.com

NOTE: You may crash because you do not have enough resources on your Vera ... Not because of the Plugin itself.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:15:31 am by RichardTSchaefer »

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2015, 10:16:16 am »

View the App store from:

And it has comments or reviews, but more times then not your gonna get more feedback and info from the forum on that plugin.

Which plugins you trying to get info on?

Offline copekyle

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2015, 10:16:36 am »

View the App store from:

NOTE: You may crash because you do not have enough resources on your Vera ... Not because of the Plugin itself.

Thanks Richard.  I didn't know that existed.  I've always logged into my vera to find apps.  I guess I'll pipe down now.  ;)

Offline logread

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2015, 10:48:02 am »
Just a side comment on this rating of plugins... Seems one needs a cp.mios.com account to log in and rate/review if I understand well... Having been on UI7 only I do not have such an account... Does anyone know a workaround ?
Vera Lite UI7, Fibaro FGS-221, FGS-212, FGSS-001, FGK-101, FGWPE/F-101, FGMS-001, Aeon HEM G2, GreenWave PowerNode 6,  Everspring ST-814, SE-812, Swiid SwiidInter.
Raspberry Pi2 Raspbian w/ openLuup. AltUI, SV Thermostat, Virtual Switch, Weather (openWeather), System Monitor (openSysMon), HomeWave.

Offline vosmont

• Beta Testers
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2015, 05:27:26 am »
Hello I've made the update ...

No problem and my door sensor (Vision Security) is working again !

You know what ? I'm happy !  ;D

Arr, the bug on the door sensor is not fixed (it stays tripped)

Offline ykamenet

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2015, 08:00:28 am »

That's correct. Both vision door sensors and motion sensors are still broken in the current release. I downgraded to UI7 7.0.5 (links can be found here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32278.msg234714.html#msg234714) and they are working fine again. Will wait till new release that does not have that issue before upgrading again.

Marc Shenker

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2015, 09:12:24 am »

vosmont, the Development Team is actively working to get this fixed as soon as they can. This effects many of us including me. Hopefully it will be in the next update.

Offline vosmont

• Beta Testers
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2015, 09:48:23 am »
Thanks Marc

Another thing :
It is no more possible to set device name more than 20 characters.
Even in "advanced->Params" (it was a trick before this release)

I'm used to put the room name in the device name to be able to distinguish the devices (especially when exporting data in graphs).
20 characters are not enough.

Marc Shenker

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2015, 09:45:36 am »
Thanks Marc

Another thing :
It is no more possible to set device name more than 20 characters.
Even in "advanced->Params" (it was a trick before this release)

I'm used to put the room name in the device name to be able to distinguish the devices (especially when exporting data in graphs).
20 characters are not enough.

I'll pass it on to the team, no promises, I don't why it changed or what the constraint may be.

I was just told by one of the members of the Development Team that the Vision sensor issues should be resolved in the next firmware update.