Author Topic: snapshot or video not stored  (Read 905 times)

Offline oscar

snapshot or video not stored
« on: May 31, 2015, 12:55:43 pm »
Hi!

I am new to Vera Edge, and I have been struggeling with getting the images / snapshots / videos stored. The only thing I get is "No records for this camera.". The camera streams works perfect but nothing gets saved no matter what I do. Any ideas? My cameras are dlink dcs 932L and dcs 930L.

I have seens other people having the same problem, but not seen a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Offline pmusselman

• Sr. Newbie
Re: snapshot or video not stored
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 09:36:54 am »
I have the same problem with my Foscam cameras as well.  Wish I had a solution to offer.  Annoying that the option is there and it does not work.  Does anyone have and ideas on this?

Offline helraiser

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 07:54:00 pm »
From what I've seen in the forums, this feature isn't supported. Vera introduced it some time ago with plans to possibly offer apaid storage service but nothing came of it.

Offline ceefin

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 08:39:41 am »
This feature works for me, but only though the vera web interface. If I try to view the recorded images through the iOS app, I get a list of images I deleted months ago, or "no records available"

Offline LibraSun

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 11:46:09 am »
This may be an even sillier question... "Where do the snapshots 'go'?" I mean, when Vera is instructed to grab an image from my camera, and pops up the message "Snapshot Saved", where exactly is that file being stored? On-board Vera? In the cloud? In a folder on an attached PC? (I realize that last options makes no sense...)

Just curious, because ultimately, I'd like to offload/save all the images in one place. But first I gotta know where to look...

UPDATE: I *was* going to mention that nothing was being listed under "RECORDED", but literally while typing this post, the last two snapshots I asked Vera to grab *did* suddenly and belatedly appear in the list! So at least I can "View" each one and right-click / Save As... individual images.

I'm still curious to know where precisely within Vera's hierarchical storage structure to find these files directly, and not only through the UI. Thanks!
Vera Model I running UI4 (Firmware 1.1.1338), died in 2015
Vera Plus running UI7 (Firmware 1.7.2935)