We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: NEW MultiWave Pool Controller  (Read 174895 times)

Offline Minnies

Re: NEW MultiWave Pool Controller
« Reply #375 on: April 26, 2013, 12:19:09 am »
So I made the update today. As stated I was not successful in getting the handheld o work any more. I could add t as a scene controller, but with no capability. I spoke with Intermatic (thanks Dan) but no luck. It appears to be a Vera frame issue. The only solution is to pair the and he'd with the pool controller, program necessary aspects such as freeze mode and remote heater control, then unpaired and repair the controller to Vera. Painful to be sure.

So are the variables for those and maybe ambient temp available through Vera? Any other ideas?

Offline dkeefe

« Reply #376 on: April 26, 2013, 08:18:49 am »
so it is a vera issue? have you filled a report with them?

Offline Minnies

« Reply #377 on: April 26, 2013, 09:10:56 am »
Yes.

Question can you revert back to the previous firmware on Vera to reinstall the pool controller and remote and then update to the new firmware? That may be my only route at this time. 2 days before leaving the house. And right now I have lost pool heater remote control. :(

Offline karmabiker

« Reply #378 on: May 19, 2013, 12:05:18 pm »
In the short term (Until I can get a Vera) I am using the 653 as the "brains" and circuit 4 to control my 220V stenner pump.  The rub is that circuit 4 want to spin the whole mess into spa mode.  I don't have an ME4243 installed and cant figure out how to tell the system that Circuit 4 is NOT switching between pool and spa.  Ideas?

Offline blueman2

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #379 on: May 19, 2013, 02:05:43 pm »
I believe circuit 4 is forced into Pool/Spa control if you set up the system with Pool/Spa enabled. You can tell the system you only have Pool, and circuit 4 will be left for your own use. 

Offline karmabiker

« Reply #380 on: June 12, 2013, 11:59:17 am »
Confirmed on the CIR4 - it is forced into spa actuator mode if you are setup Pool / Spa

For the time being mysetup:
CIR1 - High Speed
CIR2 - Low Speed
CIR3 - Booster for Polaris
CIR4 - Stenner Pump / Chlorinator
CIR5 - Heater

Works like a champ.

I'm ready to get a Vera and a ZWave switch to control the Stenner and install pump actuators for the spa.... hmmm.  When do I have a free weekend.

Offline dkeefe

Temp sensor issues
« Reply #381 on: July 16, 2013, 08:31:29 am »
Off topic, but has anyone here experienced issues with the water temp sensor (part # pa122) failing? I just installed my third one in three years. They seem to last about a year before they fail, which so far is always the same way. The sensor housing that extends into the pipe cracks vertically and water gets into it.

The first one actually leaked water where the wire exits the sensor, which is how I found it. The second failure didn't result in a leak, but the temp reading on the remote was bogus or not showing up.

The air temp has never fallen below 40 degrees since I installed the multiwave, so it isn't a freezing issue. I only snug the cable clamp down just enough to stop any leaks, and even if I did over tighten it I wouldn't expect the housing to crack where it does.

I thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone else has had this problem. At this rate, I'll have spent more on temp sensors than the unit itself in a few more years! :)

Thanks!

Offline Minnies

« Reply #382 on: July 16, 2013, 09:52:51 am »
No problem with the temp sensor here (knock on wood). I installed the system in 2010 I believe and have not touched the sensor since. I mistakenly purchased a second one so have a spare.

I have noted a strange temperature variation though. That is the temp climbs during the day and then drops off a couple degrees and starts to climb again, at about the same rate. Does it whether there is active heating or not and just about the same temp each time. Somewhere around 85 degrees at the peak and then down to 82 or 83.

Offline dkeefe

« Reply #383 on: July 16, 2013, 09:55:51 am »
Ha! I had bought a spare too as it wasn't clear that it came with the water temp sensor!

Mine climbs up to 6 degrees a day but I attributed that to the sun. My pool is always cooler in the morning than in the late afternoon.

One other thing I had to do was set the temp offsets for both senors to -2 degrees.

Thanks for the response.

Offline blueman2

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #384 on: July 16, 2013, 12:05:45 pm »
Make that 3 of us!  I also bought an extra sensor because I did not realize it came with one.  But I ended up using the extra sensor with a solar control unit so no loss. 

As far as sensors failing, not here.  Installed about 3 years ago and not an issue yet.  I have taken them off and replaced them twice due to my desire to change the routing of plumbing in my pool house, but never seen any cracking or issues. 

Offline dkeefe

« Reply #385 on: July 16, 2013, 01:57:17 pm »
I guess I just have some bad luck.

Thanks for the responses!

Offline blueman2

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #386 on: July 16, 2013, 02:18:15 pm »
Also, are you perhaps tightening them too much?  I am sure you have thought of that, but just to raise it. 

Offline dkeefe

« Reply #387 on: July 16, 2013, 02:31:12 pm »
I don't think so. I only tighten it until the leaking stops. You can still wiggle it a bit.

Plus I don't see how over tightening it would cause the crack where it happens.

Offline blueman2

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #388 on: July 16, 2013, 02:58:35 pm »
Agreed.  I actually tighten mine probably too tight so doubt that would be the cause, but just had to raise it. 

Offline Bb98

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2013, 11:02:53 pm »
I installed my MultiWave and temperature sensor over the last several days.  Haven't had enough time for it to crack yet. :)

I am seeing some issue with the temperature.  I have a Raypak 266a heater.  When I use the PE953 to control the MW, the temperature reading on the PE953 reads exactly the same as the Raypak's readout.  When I use Vera to control the MW the temperature is just about always 1 degree lower than the Raypak's readout.  It also takes several minutes (5+) for the temperature to update on Vera.

I also see that when the pump is off the sensor is not reporting a good temperature as it is reporting the temperature of the water sitting idle in the plumbing.

My biggest headache though is getting the PE953 working as a secondary controller.  Support just downgraded my Vera to 2.78.  Still, when I add the PE953 it hangs.  I am:
1. Standing by the Vera
2. Go to Add Devices -> Advanced Z wave devices -> Add One
3. On the PE953 I go to the control screen and choose option 3 receive net and config (also tried option 2 recover net only).
With either button I get "successful" but the controller hangs - light wont even go off.
I take the batteries out to reset it.  I did notice the 31P changes to 31s.

What am I doing wrong and what functionality should I expect if I ever get it right.
I like the controller functioning as the primary controller to the MW but I also like Vera controlling and scheduling the MW.
Vera Plus 20 switches/dimmers, Garage Door Opener, Thermostat, Pool Control - Pump, Sweeper and Lights | Bose SoundTouch | Amazon Echo Spot and Dot | Sony AVR