Author Topic: NEW MultiWave Pool Controller  (Read 166272 times)

Offline dkeefe

Re: NEW MultiWave Pool Controller
« Reply #435 on: February 02, 2015, 11:29:07 am »
I was not aware of the support for 2 vsp. If true, that is encouraging as it means they have hopefully put some effort into improving support for them.

But they have been promising support for solar on the multiwave for 3+ years now. :(

Please let us know how your upgrade works out. I'm still trying to find someplace to buy the p5043me...

I have serious doubts about their claims based on their previous track record. Plus, where can you actually buy the p5043me? I can't find it for sale anywhere.

Additionally, as far I I know you still can't control multiple variable speed pumps with our without the expansion module and their existing support for variable speed pumps isn't that great. Although I haven't tried the 3.4 fw to see if it has been improved.

I still contend that the multiwave was never designed with complex pool systems like Radjin's in mind. But for simpler systems like mine (single pump, one light, one heater, no valves, no solar) it works pretty well and is priced very reasonably.

Well said.  More to the point, I agree that I would not buy the Intermatic solution for a complex pool if starting from scratch.  But now that I have one and my pool is getting more complex (will be adding a dedicated spa pump rather than sharing with a pool pump), I am going to give the new module a try.  The do CLAIM to be able to now support 2 VSPs.  And I can integrated my Solar better into a single system.  We shall see!!

Offline blueman2

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #436 on: February 02, 2015, 11:40:26 am »
Oh, and yes, I have similarly failed to find ANYWHERE that sells the new module.  But it does purportedly support 2 VSPs, solar, chlorine generator (only 1 brand), and many water features and valves. 

Very odd for them to announce this thing yet not to have it available anywhere to buy 2 months later!!

Offline eddie

« Reply #437 on: March 08, 2015, 07:50:35 pm »
Be careful updating to the 3.4 Intermatic Firmware. I did and now I have lost control to the Pool Controller.   ???
The Controller will link with Vera and the devices will show up, but clicking the on/off buttons does nothing. 
I am running the 1.5.622 Vera firmware.

new 3.4 Firmware is now up on their site under resources tab. 

http://www.intermatic.com/Products/Pool_and_Spa/Electronic_Controls/MultiWave/MultiWave_Basic.aspx

Still no word on where to buy the p5043ME.  It is not available even on their own online store.  Very odd. 

edit: and here is the updated User Manual with the new features:

http://www.intermatic.com/~/media/Intermatic/Documentation/Pool%20and%20Spa/Electronic%20Controls/MultiWave/MultiWave%20Quickstart%20Guide.ashx

Offline dkeefe

« Reply #438 on: March 09, 2015, 08:58:57 am »
Be careful updating to the 3.4 Intermatic Firmware. I did and now I have lost control to the Pool Controller.   ???
The Controller will link with Vera and the devices will show up, but clicking the on/off buttons does nothing. 

did you try resetting the multiwave back to the defaults and starting over?

Offline mcoulter

« Reply #439 on: May 02, 2015, 07:55:29 am »
FYI, I've moved my dad's house over to SmartThings from a VeraLite.  The Developer community there is also working out a Pool Commander/MultiWave solution.  SmartThings is more based on phone app control than a web interface.  I kinda like it better.  They don't have full control for Pool/Spa mode or Temp settings but they are already as far along as Vera and the programming seems easier to understand to me.  Again, you would have to dig through the developer community to get the plugin working.

Offline blueman2

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #440 on: May 02, 2015, 10:27:55 am »
Thanks for the update, mcoulter.  Please do let us know how they progress. I have been curious about SmartThings.  They seem to be the up and coming leader in this space. 

Offline dinosinc

« Reply #441 on: May 04, 2015, 02:58:20 pm »

new 3.4 Firmware is now up on their site under resources tab. 

http://www.intermatic.com/Products/Pool_and_Spa/Electronic_Controls/MultiWave/MultiWave_Basic.aspx

Still no word on where to buy the p5043ME.  It is not available even on their own online store.  Very odd. 

edit: and here is the updated User Manual with the new features:

http://www.intermatic.com/~/media/Intermatic/Documentation/Pool%20and%20Spa/Electronic%20Controls/MultiWave/MultiWave%20Quickstart%20Guide.ashx

have you gotten 3.4 working ?

Offline dfad1469

« Reply #442 on: May 13, 2015, 08:59:38 pm »
I am curious about this to. I just recently resurrected my Vera, upgraded it to the latest UI7 and upgraded my PE653 and PE953 to firmware 3.4. I can't get everything to work together properly. Here is what I have done:

-I did a full reset of the system, both PE653 and PE953.
-I included the PE653 with my Vera Lite. I could see the PE653 as a thermostat and 5 switches for each of the control ports.
-I then did a controller copy to set the PE953 as a secondary controller. It shows up under the device section.

Here is where I am stuck. The PE953 says "Out of Range" and there seems to be no way to tell it to control the PE653 through the existing network. From previous forum posts, it seems that this used to be possible by an "Include Device" option that is no longer available on the PE953 when it is set as a secondary controller. I do know it is possible for PE953 to talk to the PE653 as I can set scenes on the PE953 and then it will turn the PE653 on. However, there is no way to tell the PE653 that it is in SPA mode instead of Pool, that it has a deadman switch, or that it has a two speed pump. This is dangerous as you can set both high and low speed and burn out the pump!

Am I missing something?  This sucks that it used to work and now no longer does.

Any advice?

Thanks,

-Joe

Offline shoeboo

« Reply #443 on: May 18, 2015, 08:50:51 am »
I only recently installed the Multiwave, and mine is still on 3.3 but I was getting stuck on the same step as you. Here is how I was able to complete it:
-I did a full reset of the system, both PE653 and PE953.
-I included the PE653 with my Vera Lite. I could see the PE653 as a thermostat and 5 switches for each of the control ports.
-included my PE953 using receive net, I now had a scene controller.

I was also stuck at including device as it disabled on PE953 set as secondary.

I then backed-up my z-wave network from Vera and then shifted my controller to PE953 (receive net again). This made the PE953 primary, which allowed me to include the PE653 to the PE953 and switch the primary screen.

I didn't run into any problems with PE953 as primary, but I was a little afraid I would eventually so I tried to controller shift back to Vera. This cleared all my z-wave devices and was adding them back as new devices which broke the scenes I had created on vera. It did set the PE953 back as secondary so I then restored the z-wave back-up I had just created and everything is working as I hoped.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:01:53 am by shoeboo »

Offline JMack89427

« Reply #444 on: June 04, 2015, 08:40:47 am »
I just installed my Multiwave this past weekend, replacing a faulty mechanical timer, and am also very new to Vera.  I have a very simple setup: 1 Single Speed pump, 1 Raypak heater, and 1 pool light.  I have only have the pool pump connected at this point as I'm still finishing up the wiring heater and the light.  My main question is why the Pool Controller device shows up as an HVAC thermostat in the web interface but as a light switch in the app?

I have already figured out that I won't be able to control my heater set point via the Multiwave, but I would like to be able to see the pool temperature from the app.  Is this possible? 

Offline roquej

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #445 on: June 04, 2015, 08:55:56 am »
@JMack89427,

I also have the Multiwave and my temperature control works the same in both the web interface and the mobile application.  You might want to call support.

You can control the heater setpoint temperature, but only if you set the "Fireman SW" parameter to at least 0 minutes.  You find this parameter by pressing P/S and Enter together, then going to the PE653 Option screen.  The default is OFF, which only allows you to turn the heater off/on via circuit #5 (button 5). 

By the way, I was told there is a new PE653/PE953 firmware coming out in the next two week that should make the Multiwave work much better with z-wave controllers.  I hope this is the case, specially the ability to control VS pumps.

Hope this helps.

JP

Offline JMack89427

« Reply #446 on: June 04, 2015, 09:28:22 am »
@JMack89427,

I also have the Multiwave and my temperature control works the same in both the web interface and the mobile application.  You might want to call support.

You can control the heater setpoint temperature, but only if you set the "Fireman SW" parameter to at least 0 minutes.  You find this parameter by pressing P/S and Enter together, then going to the PE653 Option screen.  The default is OFF, which only allows you to turn the heater off/on via circuit #5 (button 5). 

By the way, I was told there is a new PE653/PE953 firmware coming out in the next two week that should make the Multiwave work much better with z-wave controllers.  I hope this is the case, specially the ability to control VS pumps.

Hope this helps.

JP

Thanks for the quick response.  My Multiwave is still on 3.1 and I'm unable to get the PE953 to connect as a secondary controller.  It is nice to know that I'll be able to control the temperature once I get it hooked up.  Is it possible that I see the pool controller as a light switch because I don't have the heater wired yet?

I sent a request to Intermatic to figure out how to update the firmware as I don't really want to spend the $50 on the z-wave stick if I don't have to.

Offline roquej

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #447 on: June 04, 2015, 09:39:38 am »
Glad to help.  I had a heck of a time getting it to work, but now it works great.  A few more hints:

- Sorry, but you will find there is no way to update the firmware without their z-wave stick.
- Look at this thread: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24372.0.html.  It was very helpful when I was going through my configuration.
- Will suggest you stay with the 3.1 until the new firmware comes out. You will really not gain anything new now.

Good luck.

JP

Offline mcoulter

« Reply #448 on: June 05, 2015, 07:02:20 am »
According to information I got through some contacts, and supported by this link, Intermatic is working with BeHome247 to have full operation of the Multiwave/Pool Commander.  I'm not sure what the hardware is that BeHome247 is using.  It looks similar to a veralite-g.  So I assume they have their own plug-in?  I'm going to try and contact the new local Intermatic Rep to see what is going on here.

https://www.facebook.com/BeHome247/photos/a.209593852474335.33596.209565549143832/630700873696962/?type=1&theater

Scroll down here to see their controller: http://www.behome247security.com/

Offline JMack89427

« Reply #449 on: June 05, 2015, 11:58:32 am »
That's awesome news!  I'm glad to hear Intermatic is still working on this and can't wait to get my setup working the way I expect!