Author Topic: NEW MultiWave Pool Controller  (Read 168405 times)

Offline mcoulter

Re: NEW MultiWave Pool Controller
« Reply #450 on: June 06, 2015, 06:56:48 pm »
I'm now being told that Intermatic is working closely to make this work primarily for BeHome247 but the code would be available to all within 30 days.  I'm going to try to make a direct call to the guy from Intermatic that can confirm this for me this week.

Offline mcoulter

« Reply #451 on: June 09, 2015, 02:36:22 pm »
Ok, I talked directly with my Intermatic engineer today and here is what I know (and hopefully I'm allowed to share :) ). 

They are working directly with MIOS to ensure their product will be working and anticipate a software release in early August that will have everything operational via Vera. 

They are also releasing a new actuator controller that will control 3 units so you can have one for solar and two heat pumps.  This frees up circuits 4 and 5 to be used as you wish.

Also the have a nice online tool www.checkfrank.com where you can go through a wizard of the desired use of your pool and it will suggest the proper equipment needed and include wiring diagrams for each circuit. 

And that is what I know for now...

Offline JMack89427

« Reply #452 on: June 11, 2015, 08:04:07 am »
Thanks for the update!  I can't wait to see what they come up with!

Offline JMack89427

« Reply #453 on: July 02, 2015, 02:34:58 pm »
So I finally have everything wired and working through the remote for my Multiwave so I decided to configure everything in my Vera Edge.  I am able to successfully add the pool controller itself, getting the 5 switches and 1 pool controller device, and the remote, which gives me the scene controller.  What I'm having an issue with is reconnecting the remote to the Multiwave as per the instructions.  I see the 31S in the top right corner but no longer get the include device option.  I reset the remote after adding it to Vera per the instructions but can't seem to progress.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Offline JMack89427

« Reply #454 on: July 25, 2015, 10:22:35 pm »
Well, after spending some time working on this with no luck, and no help from either Intermatic or Vera support, I upgraded the firmware to 3.4.  I'm still having the same problem with not being able to include the remote back to the PE653, I now don't see a current temperature under the device...

Does anyone have any ideas or possibly even still have the 3.3 firmware somewhere?  I can't find it anywhere.  Thanks in advance!

Online shoeboo

« Reply #455 on: August 06, 2015, 10:27:07 am »
Well, after spending some time working on this with no luck, and no help from either Intermatic or Vera support, I upgraded the firmware to 3.4.  I'm still having the same problem with not being able to include the remote back to the PE653, I now don't see a current temperature under the device...

Does anyone have any ideas or possibly even still have the 3.3 firmware somewhere?  I can't find it anywhere.  Thanks in advance!

I was also stuck at including remote as it disabled on PE953 set as secondary.

I then backed-up my z-wave network from Vera and then shifted my controller to PE953 (receive net again). This made the PE953 primary, which allowed me to include the PE653 to the PE953. I then switched the primary screen on the remote to multiwave (PE653) so it gave me full control of the pool again.

I didn't run into any problems with PE953 as primary and Vera as secondary, but I was a little afraid I would eventually so I tried to controller shift back to Vera. This cleared all my z-wave devices and was adding them back as new devices which broke the scenes I had created on vera. It did set the PE953 back as secondary so I then restored the z-wave back-up I had just created.

It is convoluted, but it is the only way I was able to have multiwave part of vera network and still be able to use handheld remote.

Offline ssubo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #456 on: August 10, 2015, 04:09:17 pm »
Hi everyone. Any updates on this new release?

Ok, I talked directly with my Intermatic engineer today and here is what I know (and hopefully I'm allowed to share :) ). 

They are working directly with MIOS to ensure their product will be working and anticipate a software release in early August that will have everything operational via Vera. 

They are also releasing a new actuator controller that will control 3 units so you can have one for solar and two heat pumps.  This frees up circuits 4 and 5 to be used as you wish.

Also the have a nice online tool www.checkfrank.com where you can go through a wizard of the desired use of your pool and it will suggest the proper equipment needed and include wiring diagrams for each circuit. 

And that is what I know for now...

Online shoeboo

« Reply #457 on: September 13, 2015, 01:05:14 pm »
Looks like the newest Vera update recreated/renamed all the Multiwave relays, it also broke my scenes. Not sure if anything was improved.

Offline Minnies

« Reply #458 on: November 28, 2015, 11:32:29 am »
I've used the procedure earlier in the thread. A bit cumbersome, but it has worked for me.

I also had everything reconfigured with an update. Eventually it all worked out but did require rewriting things.

Offline atlantauser

« Reply #459 on: December 01, 2015, 01:07:29 pm »
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I can't tell if this issue is new or related to how I'm trying to join Vera to the intermatic controller.

I installed the Multi-Wave controller setup a few months ago. For a while I tried to get it working with my home alarm system (Lynx 5200), but that just doesn't want to work at all.. So anyways I got a Vera Edge yesterday.

I had a few scheduled operations for the pump and lights in the PE953 and a bunch of outlets & switches (indoor and outdoor) also included to the PE953. So I did a "Copy from Primary" on Vera, and a "Send Net & Cfg" from the PE953 remote to the Vera and made it Secondary. That seemed to work pretty well and a bunch of stuff came in.

For the PE653/PE953 I got a "Pool Control" item that tries to show temperature (but only shows Air, not Pool temp). I also got 5 switches called "Low Speed Timed", "Hi Speed Timed", "Cleaner Timed", "Lights Timed" and "Spa Jets". None of these work to turn on the relays in the PE653.

What I ran into that was really weird last night and this morning was related to my schedules. Relay #4 controls the Pool Light and some GFCI outlets around the pool. Relay #5 controls the Light Posts on the gates around the pool. Relay #4 comes on from 6:30-8:30pm, and Relay #5 comes on from 6:30-10pm. When these relays were turned on, they started turning on/off randomly. Sometimes every few seconds, and sometimes not for several minutes. I noticed this same behavior on the Main Pump this morning during it's schedule.

It looked to me like the controllers/schedule were fighting for control. Because I didn't want to burn out lights and my pump I disabled all control from Vera.

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior?

Offline Minnies

« Reply #460 on: December 02, 2015, 07:40:14 pm »
No, the only unusual thing I have is on one system that only includes the pump and pool light, switches 2 and 3 come on with the pool pump. Turning them off is temporary. But nothing is connected to them so no harm.  On my other system with devices connected to all 4 connections plus the pool heater I have no ghost operation at all.

I hesitate to do anything with either controller as long as they operate. Downgrading Vera in order to add the pool controller and remote is a pain in the ass. I certainly hope in a future update they make that process easier.

Offline dinosinc

« Reply #461 on: February 02, 2016, 05:46:15 pm »
I wonder if instamatic will ever release an update  ???

Offline Minnies

« Reply #462 on: February 02, 2016, 05:58:36 pm »
Who knows. I do plan on installing whatever update is available this summer.  I am now having the ghost operation on both systems. The one using UI7 is not able to control the pool light via Vera, but can via the remote.  Strange functionality.

Offline dinosinc

« Reply #463 on: February 23, 2016, 11:54:33 am »
maybe now that the Vera Plus is out the will release a update...

Offline Hariiesmarrttin

« Reply #464 on: March 19, 2016, 06:10:08 pm »
I am interested to buy it . can someone tell me how can i get ?