We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: NEW MultiWave Pool Controller  (Read 174979 times)

Offline uskiman

Re: NEW MultiWave Pool Controller
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2011, 10:49:55 am »
Hello everyone!

I see a lot has gone on since I last posted.  I’ll try and catch up.

aschwalb, I asked if this cleaner was a pressure side cleaner only because if it is, there are special requirements about running this cleaner when you are in spa mode.  In other words, the cleaner must be disengaged when you change your water valves to spa.  I’ll try to answer on the info I have.  If you just need to turn a single water valve, you can purchase an Intermatic PE140 and connect the trigger line to any available circuit on your controller.  Since our trigger line only requires 120VAC, you can piggy back the trigger line with a load (i.e. pump, light, etc…) and engage both the actuator and load simultaneously.  Let me know if this answers your question.

mcoulter, I have always went through you when communicating with MiCasaVerde so I haven’t heard anything from them.  I have to assume they are not very familiar with Pool/Spa applications and information when it comes to controls, so due to my busy schedule, I’ve counted on you to educate them and decipher their needs and relay that information to me for execution. 

dkeefe,  I agree with you.  I haven’t heard of a three position actuator either but would love to design one!  Not sure if you guys would we be willing to pay for it.  :)  In any case, to do what aschwalb wants, based on what’s available today, you would need to separate valves controlled by two separate actuators. 

mculter wrote:
You can actually set them to any degree you want.   You have to take off the outer shell and set the degree points for the upper and lower microswitch positions however they best manage your flow for your needs.

Matt is correct.  The two cams on the inside of the Intermatic actuator can be adjusted to any position allowing you to rotate to virtually any degree. 

aschwalb,  You are correct in saying you could just buy a pump relay and add a Zwave relay to it, however, you would not have any timing features or any relationship features once you start adding additional components or control. 
There are actually five dry contract relays in the MultiWave, all are capable of handling 120Vac or 240Vac, so to answer your questions, yes the MultiWave comes equipped with a 220V pump relay.
Does Vera support this OK?  I believe it does, but I defer this question to mcoulter since he is more knowledgeable about this part of the question. 

NovaIceman,  Is this Robert from Nova Systems?  Glad to hear from you again.
I agree some features are still missing and we are working with Vera, through Matt, to get these features identified and implemented.  Unfortunately this is a process and as more users come onboard, the pressure will increase to get Vera to modify some of its display code.  We will continue to make the changes necessary to our code to make the Zwave system work as intended.  I don’t see any reason why we couldn’t give the VFD speed information to Vera to display or modify.  The change would need to come on their side as to how they would like to display this info.  All the information we acquire will be available to any Zwave controller for display.  It will be up to the controller manufacture to want to modify their unit for this type of display information.  This is still in the plan; however, we are busy adding new code to control additional OEM equipment.  All smart AutoPilot chlorinators will be online soon, and the remaining OEM VS pumps will follow shortly.   

Offline uskiman

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2011, 10:59:57 am »
aschwalb, I apologize, I hit the sent button to quickly!  The relay configuration of the MultiWave is not of the true Dry Contact nature as you may understand it.  Dry contact is a term I’ve used from the old days, but I’ve heard electricians use independent contact or switch contact also.  In any case, the contacts in the MultiWave are designed to switch out the HOT leg only on either a 120Vac or 240Vac installation.  We do inherently feed relays 1&2 with the 120Vac hot leg because we tap off the power source for the MultiWave to get this potential.  However, relays 3, 4 and 5 have to be fed independently by the installer, which makes them true dry contacts.  I probably thoroughly confused you and I apologize, but it may make sense to others.  To answer your questions, YES, we have the relays available to control your pump and many other different loads. 

Offline dkeefe

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2011, 04:06:10 pm »
novaiceman,

you can see the water temp in the advanced tab for the main device. you can also set the heater temp there.

Offline mcoulter

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2011, 03:06:39 pm »
I will try to reach MCV again and see if they are working on any interface changes to assist with the temperature controls.  If anyone else has a hold of their ear right now see if you can ask them about this.  Every time I think I am close to getting some feedback from them, I end up with months of radio silence.  I know they are busy but a little "we are still working on this" once in a while wouldn't hurt.  I usually get "let me see where the developers are" and then nothing until I send an annoying amount of email again.  I don't try to bug busy people but in this case I am forced to.

Offline NovaIceman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2011, 02:55:34 pm »
Thanks dkeefe,

I see it now that I am at the latest rev.

Offline Minnies

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2011, 03:37:13 pm »
I have just installed a PE653/953 Intermatic pool controller. Everything seems to be working fine (still waiting to install heater control wiring). My problem is that I have been unable to synch it with my z wave controller Vera2. any help out there? I have also noticed the antenna is quite weak. 20 ft max with no obstructions.

Offline dkeefe

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2011, 08:53:55 am »
I posted instructions a few pages back. If you have already setup up the remote and controller, you need to reset them to factory defaults before they will join the network.

I noticed the range is pretty poor as well. However once you get it in the network, it should work much better.

Offline Minnies

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2011, 09:31:59 am »
Thanks. I will reset both and try again. Do I synch to the Vera2 first, that is before synching the handheld controller?

I also encountered an issue when connecting the Aqua Pro 1300 heat pump. Worked first try but then shows a code "rhp" whenever I have the wires attached. I confirmed the wiring and that it is 24vac thermostat type.

Offline dkeefe

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2011, 09:34:36 am »
yeah, I think so. you'd have to read my instructions.

circuit 5 is just a relay. it doesn't care what voltage you are switching. it sounds like you heater wiring is wrong.

what does rhp mean?

Offline Minnies

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2011, 09:45:10 am »
Not sure what it means. I will call today. I am confident that I wired it correctly. The heater manual explitily stated the remote control connections. I will hunt through for your instructions. I have read the entire thread several times. :)

Offline Minnies

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2011, 01:04:03 pm »
Thanks DKeefe. It is up and working. Your instructions worked to a T, including having to remove the batteries to get the remote unfrozen.

I called AquaPro people to sort out the heater issue. The code I saw was only indicating that remote contol was installed. No issue there! Everything seems to be okay as I can turn the pump on and off with my phone or PC.

Question, do you program the pool pump on/off times with the remote of with Mios? I live 1200 miles from the installation site, and would like to have as much remote capability as possible.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:14:00 pm by Minnies »

Offline dkeefe

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2011, 01:39:17 pm »
I let the multiwave control the pump, light and heater. This way the pool is guaranteed to operate correctly without the vera and can be completely controlled with a floating, waterproof remote.

Plus it allows you to control the circuits at the receiver, which is nice because the pool guy doesn't need the remote to turn the pump on and off.

Offline uskiman

« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2011, 02:48:13 pm »
Mcoulter,

I saw you copied me on your email to Vera, and based on your blog, I have to assume you did not receive an answer.  Thanks for trying!  We have software revisions scheduled all the way out to 2015, so once they need something changed, I can pretty much squeeze it in anytime.

DKeefe & Minnies,

The remote freezing issue when joined into another network is being addressed as we speak.  The fix will be released in version 32 of the software which can be downloaded on our website in short time.  The new 32 software will have a lot of additions, but most of the additions including this fix.  Support for the AutoPilot chlorinator will be the primary change but will be invisible to everyone if they do not have this type of chlorinator. 

Thanks everyone!

Offline dkeefe

« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2011, 03:15:06 pm »
ha! I forgot about having to remove the batteries.

Thanks for continuing to work on this!

I've found a few other bugs in the multiwave sw. Is there someplace I can send bug reports?

Offline aschwalb

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2011, 03:40:11 pm »
@uskiman

Support for the AutoPilot chlorinator will be the primary change but will be invisible to everyone if they do not have this type of chlorinator. 

Thanks everyone!

I have been holding out buying this unit and a chlorinator.  What will the multiwave do with the chlorinator (AutoPilot)?  Will Vera be able to adjust salinity settings and/or tell me the Bromine levels?