Author Topic: iTachWifi Plugin Created (for UI7)  (Read 10151 times)

Offline Sonitrolio

Re: iTachWifi Plugin Created (for UI7)
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2016, 01:09:50 am »
I would love to be able to use my iTach WF2IR with the Vera so I could shut down the openremote server I use now.  Anyone got any way to make this talk?

Offline Will H

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2016, 10:35:21 am »
I would love to be able to use my iTach WF2IR with the Vera so I could shut down the openremote server I use now.  Anyone got any way to make this talk?

As far as I know WF2IR uses the same TCP approach as the IP2IR (which I have working on a modified version of this plugin).  I was really hoping airedale would log in and comment on my modifications to his plugin.  Since he hasn't, I'll work on publishing my own plugin that should work with IP2IR and WF2IR.  Have to decide on a name...   Maybe name it the "Global Cache likes planned obsolescence" plugin (yes, they could have updated the firmware on the IP2IR and WF2IR to use REST and then airedale's plugin would work).

Mine won't contain any of his code, so it won't work with Flex, which I think is a shame as there is obviously a lot of room for code reuse.  Currently looking at adding one more feature.  PM if you want to beta test.

Offline Kramak

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 09:10:25 pm »
Very nice Will!

I'm looking forward to use some basic functionality out of it.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2016, 03:05:00 pm »

As far as I know WF2IR uses the same TCP approach as the IP2IR (which I have working on a modified version of this plugin).  I was really hoping airedale would log in and comment on my modifications to his plugin.  Since he hasn't, I'll work on publishing my own plugin that should work with IP2IR and WF2IR.  Have to decide on a name...   Maybe name it the "Global Cache likes planned obsolescence" plugin (yes, they could have updated the firmware on the IP2IR and WF2IR to use REST and then airedale's plugin would work).

Mine won't contain any of his code, so it won't work with Flex, which I think is a shame as there is obviously a lot of room for code reuse.  Currently looking at adding one more feature.  PM if you want to beta test.

How's this looking?  about ready to finally upgrade to UI7 and this would be one of my last hurdles.

Offline Will H

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2016, 05:38:11 pm »
Pretty good, just a few cleanup items remain.

Which model do you have IP2IR or WF2IR?

Offline Sonitrolio

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2016, 06:36:54 pm »
I have the WF2IR.  I thought you were asking one of the other guys posting above.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2016, 09:50:10 am »
Sorry... l have the WF2IR

Offline jxnms

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2016, 01:35:14 am »

any update. I have wf2ir and would be happy to beta if needed

Offline Sonitrolio

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 11:21:37 pm »
Any word on this?

Offline tomgru

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2016, 01:33:41 pm »
+1.
Will?

Offline tomgru

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2016, 04:31:43 pm »
Is this dead?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2016, 06:11:11 pm »
The GC100 plugin was recently modified to support UI7.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2016, 02:49:34 pm »
The GC100 plugin was recently modified to support UI7.

Thanks Richard!

Offline parkerc

• Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
    • Node Central
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2016, 06:38:47 pm »
Does anyone have this working with the ITach Flex Wired version ? Is there any reason why it shouldn't ?

I've decided to install it just to see if it works, so added the iP and also checking the itach / API itself via the browser it reports the following .

[{"address":"irports/1","configuration":"connectors/1","type":"IRTriPortBlaster"}]

No errors etc seem to be reported?

Also how do you use use it I tried the address shared in an earlier thread but that does not seem to return anything ?

How are people using it?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:55:56 pm by parkerc »

Offline tinnytonk

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2016, 11:59:35 pm »
Does anyone have the instructions on how to setup the ir codes in this add-in. I have it setup but don't know the format for the ir codes and the webpages http://www.airedalez.net/?p=252 is not longer valid.

Cheers

Steve