We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: zwave Routing table display  (Read 3380 times)

Offline sTuDeimus

• Sr. Newbie
zwave Routing table display
« on: June 06, 2015, 05:23:43 am »
Hi all.

I'm after an easy way to see the current device routing info (device ID, neighbours, parents etc...) - useful when trying to diagnose connectivity issues...

The only thing I've found in the forums is some plugins or addons (infoviewer etc) that seem to have working history with older versions of Vera software... atleast I do see people with issues with more recent UI7 releases.

so other methods... some cmh shell command I can issue to do this? Couldn't find any config or other working file, or useful /proc files.

I'm surprised that Micasa Verde don't have some diagnostics page that just shows a table of all devices with such listing of other useful fields.

Do all you Vera junkies out there REALLY get to know the device ID's (etc...) in your system by hopping between device pages (advanced page each time!) all the time? Each time I sit down to setup a spreadsheet of all these values I can't bear the thought that there isn't an easier way. Also, I'm not sure under which circumstances these device reference values actually change (making a spreadsheet more or less useful).

Stu.

Offline konradwalsh

Re: zwave Routing table display
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 05:39:18 am »
Check the event watcher plugin or info viewer plugin

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Offline svaleb

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 06:19:00 am »
You should try the ALTUI plugin.
There is a map of your system in the latest version.
It is a great help.
Regards
          CE

Offline sTuDeimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 09:24:57 am »
Konrad - thanks... the event watcher hits the spot, though I wish it had some extra fields in the reports. For now this gets me going better.

Would be more keen on info viewer if it had a standard plugin ready to go.

svaleb... faark! that looks interesting! I think I'll let my UI7 settle down a bit before diving into that one. Am I right in assuming that altui is just like a wrapper on all the core vera functions, giving one a better way to manage the same info (scenes, devices, plugins etc...) and can one thus just toogle between altui and UI7 as required? Wow, the device map looks awesome!

Stu.

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 09:31:25 am »
... the event watcher hits the spot, though I wish it had some extra fields in the reports. For now this gets me going better.

What were you thinking of needing?
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline svaleb

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 10:17:49 am »
Event watcher and info viewer are both great !
You can use altui in the same way...when you like.
Regards
           CE

Offline sTuDeimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 11:03:02 am »
... the event watcher hits the spot, though I wish it had some extra fields in the reports. For now this gets me going better.

What were you thinking of needing?

for now, the neighbour nodes.... in the device list.

I'm assuming the neighboring nods are used for routing purposes. Then again, I believe battery powered devices don't route, in which case the neighbors list is not routing/comms related.

Offline sTuDeimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 11:19:58 am »
Event watcher and info viewer are both great !
You can use altui in the same way...when you like.
Regards
           CE

Thanks svaleb. I'll give it a go...

Stu.