We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Unbeliavable problem after giving full access to Vera support! Is access secure?  (Read 2595 times)

Offline chris66

Looking at my logs, I've seen too many error codes beginning with 01. I've asked Vera support to have a look at. I get an answer that it was due to an old plugin and now everything was ok...
I just wanted to check that: Not possible to access with my local IP address. Only in remote access. There I've seen that all the scenes disapeared! I checked the Network settings, chanded from Static IP to DHCP.
And avter that, was able to restore to the last backup.

My question is, during the support operation, when we give full access to Vera in the parameters and send them the access code SSH, it should be very easy for an hacker to visit my Vera unit, no? Someone had the same experience?

chris

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
Only MCV can access your Vera via the support channel.

Offline chris66

They just told me that they just look at my log file, and everything was ok... So Spirits have deleted all my scenes and modified my IP address...

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
No, that was done by the same Chinese hackers that played a number on the OPM.  8)

Your Vera gets it's IP address from whatever DHCP server you use. Generally your local Wifi router or cable/FIOS modem.
Unless you set a reservation in that DHCP server for Vera (Based on the MAC address) to have a certain IP address there is a change it changes when the current lease expires.

Vera support can do more than look at the log files. They can delete offending plugins or scenes that cause issues in an effort to get your back running. It may have been that in the process of removing your old plugin, scenes that it was referenced in also ended up removed. Hard to say without first hand knowledge of what was done.

Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W