Author Topic: Aeon Labs MiniMote (gen5) functional Scene Controller in UI.7 version 1.7.599  (Read 8355 times)

Offline shallowearth

Well you are right, they are secondary contrlollers basically.  And they understand what is in the scene and can talk to the lights directly.  I have been able to run scenes with my sonos ok from a minimote, but I haven't tried mixing lights and non-zwave devices in the same scene.  Does it work if you only have the lock, or on,y the UPNP device in the scene?

does it work if you are close to the Vera, maybe it is having trouble talking directly to the Vera to trigger the non-light part of the scene.

You might try excluding and re-including the minimote to reset it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 01:29:59 pm by shallowearth »

Offline brownbucks11

Well you are right, they are secondary contrlollers basically.  And they understand what is in the scene and can talk to the lights directly.  I have been able to run scenes with my sonos ok from a minimote, but I haven't tried mixing lights and non-zwave devices in the same scene.  Does it work if you only have the lock, or on,y the UPNP device in the scene?

does it work if you are close to the Vera, maybe it is having trouble talking directly to the Vera to trigger the non-light part of the scene.

You might try excluding and re-including the minimote to reset it.

I did some trouble shooting based on your suggestion and I have managed to get everything working together in a single scene.

Before I had the minimote I had a bunch of  Scenes already created (originally created in UI5), however whenever I assigned these scenes to my minimote only the scenes that controlled lights worked with the minimote. I created a new scene that is identical to a scene I have  on my vera (Turn off all downstairs light, turn off Samsung TV, Turn Off Onkyo, lock the door, and close the garage door, then after a 10 min delay turn off all upstairs lights). The legacy scene will not work on the minimote but the scene I just replicated works just fine.

Offline Yutaka

after reading all post

can anyone please tell me
which one is the best way to add minimote v1 for UI7 vera lite

shallowearth - saying "Handheld"=>" Aeon KeyFob"

or

MNB - saying "Other Devices"=>"Other Zwave device"

Offline shallowearth

Either will work, main thing is to be super close to the Vera, .and to let it sit and fully configure after adding it.

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
This thread rocks. I was able to include all 4 my Minimotes (scored them at like $15 - $16 each) and they work like a charm.
3 of them are used as remotes for Sonos and the 4th one I'm actually using as a garage door opener. The homelink in my car is not playing nice with my Craftsman GDO. Way easier than pulling my phone out. Until such a time I can have homelink help me figure out the issue. I think it's the rolling code on the Craftsman.

Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline zant

Hallo All,

I have a VeraPlus (UI7) a Minimote and a Fibaro FDG212 Dimmer and I want to dim the light with the Minimote.
I'am new and don't have enough knowledge to programm it.
Is there a method to do this??

Thanks in advance...

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
As the miniMote is basically an 8 button scene controller you would have to create 2 scenes. One that dims the light say by 10%, the other ups the light by 10%. Assign those scenes to a Minimote button each. So when you push say the 'Up light scene' Minimote button it will run that scene and brighten the light.

There is no way to press and hold a minimote button and have the light ramp up or down to the best of my knowledge.

You would need a zwave remote like the GE 45601 that you link up with the dimmer directly. That will give you the abillity to hold a button on that remote and ramp the light up and down.
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline shallowearth

There is a way to do it, but you have to have the minimote in a different mode than the default scene mode.  I believe it is one of device properties that you need to change.  (Sorry I can't remember which one, it has been to long).  This will allow you to program lights directly Into the Minimote instead of programming it with a scene and will give you dimming capabilities with press and hold.

Offline zant

There is a way to do it, but you have to have the minimote in a different mode than the default scene mode.  I believe it is one of device properties that you need to change.  (Sorry I can't remember which one, it has been to long).  This will allow you to program lights directly Into the Minimote instead of programming it with a scene and will give you dimming capabilities with press and hold.

OK
This is what I am looking for!
Is this solution maybe to find on this forum?
Or elsewhere?

Offline shallowearth

I remember a thread talking either about the AEON Panic button (i am sure it was the Panic but it might have been the Key fob) that had the instructions on how to flip between scene mode and association mode.