We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: can't turn off the light  (Read 1903 times)

Offline yaron86

• Sr. Newbie
can't turn off the light
« on: June 19, 2015, 03:00:16 pm »
ok so here is the story, i had a light bulb in my room using fibaro dimmer configure to use as a switch for almost a year, and suddenly it explode on me for some reason.
so i change today the light to fluorescent light, the thing is i can't turn off the light right now at all, i try turn off the light from the wall switch, but nothing happens.. light still on..

i also saw the in the ui7 interface that the fibaro dimmer has a lot of errors about node stuff.. i deleted the device from the interface and now when i am trying to pair again the fibaro dimmer, nothing happens.. vera light does not do anything.

any idea why i can't turn the light off and also how do i pair again the fibaro dimmer?

Thanks a lot
Yaron

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: can't turn off the light
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 07:42:35 am »
Bulb:
The CFL bulb must be a dimmable type and even then, some models will not work with this dimmer. Testing with an incandescent bulb can quickly determine if your issue is related to the bulb or some other device.

Fibaro:
A Fibaro dimmer bypass is often required when dimming CFLs and LEDs.

Vera:
Deleting a device from the UI is not the correct method for removing a device from the Z-Wave network. You must exclude the device and then include it again.

Offline yaron86

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 03:02:05 pm »
Hi

i have the this fibaro dimmer:
http://store.zwaveeurope.com/product_info.php?products_id=12533
i want to use it with my fluorescent light just as an on\off switch without the dimmer effect.

maybe delete the device from the ui was bad idea, currently i cannot turn the light off at all, and i don't know now what to do in order to:
1. make the light turn on\off from the wall switch
2. make the fibaro also control from the ui interface

should i exlude now the device from the veralite? (currently there is no device in the ui interface) how to do it? and what is the indicator that the device is fully unpaird from the veralite?
what are the steps i should take in order to achive that?

thank you so much for the reply,
Yaron

Bulb:
The CFL bulb must be a dimmable type and even then, some models will not work with this dimmer. Testing with an incandescent bulb can quickly determine if your issue is related to the bulb or some other device.

Fibaro:
A Fibaro dimmer bypass is often required when dimming CFLs and LEDs.

Vera:
Deleting a device from the UI is not the correct method for removing a device from the Z-Wave network. You must exclude the device and then include it again.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:04:10 pm by yaron86 »

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 05:40:24 pm »
You need to replace the Fibaro Dimmer with a relay(On/Off) switch.

Offline yaron86

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 05:53:15 pm »
i don't have any products now, but i know that the fibaro can be configure to work as a on\off switch.

You need to replace the Fibaro Dimmer with a relay(On/Off) switch.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 08:08:28 am »
Then you're all set.