Author Topic: Strips - The Invisible Window and Door Sensor  (Read 6693 times)

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
Re: Strips - The Invisible Window and Door Sensor
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2016, 09:04:49 am »
Hi

I just bought and installed 2x Sensative Door Strips. I am on a VeraEdge with the latest UI7 firmware (1.7.2139).

I can confirm after following the Vesternet guide here they are working fine so far.

Now to program PLEG and test them out more..

Offline michaelhinchey

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2016, 10:03:56 am »
Well did you happen to test them in iu5?

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2016, 04:10:39 pm »
No I am not using UI5 sorry.

One problem I have just noticed in the UI7 Dashboard - My Modes under "Choose sensors to arm" area, these two new Sensative Strip door sensors are not appearing in here. So I cannot select to arm them for the Away, Night and Vacation modes.

See screen shot. The new strip sensors I named "Front Door" and "Patio Door" and are not listed in the dashboard for some reason.

I have emailed Vera support.

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2016, 05:32:03 pm »
Vera support edited the strip devices for me to get them showing up in the dashboard my modes.

Here is what they said on how they did it.

"Yes this can be done by you.

This will work if you just change the category and subcategory parameters in the advanced settings of the sensor, to the similar values of the existing ones, 4 and 1.

By defaults it has a generic category, that?s why is not shown in My Modes."

Offline tb001

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2016, 05:54:28 pm »
Just want to double check--these are only available in EU at the moment, correct? Would love these as an alternative to the clunky sensors, but can't wait to buy more

Offline LHD

• Sr. Newbie

Offline Pseudomizer

• Home Automation Expert
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2016, 08:29:17 pm »
Tried to include the strip with UI5. Found a generic device but failed at getting the version. After several tries, I decided to mess around with it by using Door Sensor configurations and files and add the strip into category 4 and 1 for security devices. Still no success. I tried with the settings published on Z-wave alliance org and from Vesternet and both configuration options with 1 dec 0 and 2 mon only didn't change anything.

After 2 hours of trying I gave up. The strips are not working with UI5! :-(
Vera 3, RFWC5AW, 2 x LFM-20, FS20Z, 3 x YRD220ZW619KWKD, 2 x FI9826W, FI9828P, 2 x NEST Gen2, EVL-3CG, 11 x BR30, 3 x A19 Hue, Media Srv, 18 x ZW4004, 8 x ZW3003, 12 x ZW2002, IP2IR Cache, 2 x DSC24, ZWN-SC7, 4 x PIR-ZWAVE2, DSB05-ZWUS, RS100-HC, ECO-TILT-US, Ribu1C, 3 x GE12721, 2 x Echo, ZW078-A

Offline virginian

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2016, 02:40:37 pm »
Tried to include the strip with UI5. Found a generic device but failed at getting the version. After several tries, I decided to mess around with it by using Door Sensor configurations and files and add the strip into category 4 and 1 for security devices. Still no success. I tried with the settings published on Z-wave alliance org and from Vesternet and both configuration options with 1 dec 0 and 2 mon only didn't change anything.

Same here. Looks like there is no fix other the upgrading to the  UI6/UI7.

Offline martynwendon

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2016, 05:54:16 pm »

Your problem is likely to be that UI5 (1.5.622) doesn't support V2 of the Version Command Class.  This is why you receive the "Failed at getting the version" error message - I would image you would get this if you try to Include any Z-Wave Plus device since they should all be using V2.

If you hunt around for the last unofficial Beta for UI5 - 1.5.672 - and upgrade to that, I believe that they should then Include correctly.

Offline ember1205

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2016, 01:06:40 pm »
I use these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E0OMQR6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Small and discreet, paintable to match the door, install in no time, Z-Wave+, and use a rechargeable battery that's good for 6-12 months at a time.