We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Differences between Samsung Note 4 and Nexus 7  (Read 818 times)

Offline erickpanger

• Sr. Newbie
Differences between Samsung Note 4 and Nexus 7
« on: June 25, 2015, 11:46:08 am »
I enjoyed this app but it's making me look bad. I setup my Nexus 7 and had plans to mount it to the wall. As I was showing the wife how cool it would be of course the tablet failed to turn on the light I was showing her at the time. I pulled my phone out and hit the same light button and the light came right on.

So I get what seems to be intermittent results with the Nexus 7

Anyone else seen this behavior

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
Re: Differences between Samsung Note 4 and Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:54:09 am »
I enjoyed this app but it's making me look bad. I setup my Nexus 7 and had plans to mount it to the wall. As I was showing the wife how cool it would be of course the tablet failed to turn on the light I was showing her at the time. I pulled my phone out and hit the same light button and the light came right on.

So I get what seems to be intermittent results with the Nexus 7

Anyone else seen this behavior

How many times has this occurred? From your message it only sounds like one time. Are they both set to update automatically based on vera.conf changes?

You have to remember random occurrences where one thing doesn't work and another does can always happen. Later on were you able to adjust that same light switch again? Are the widgets set up identically? Are you set on both for local wifi ssid on each app?

If the light continues to work after this one issue I would consider it a fluke where it was trying to update but couldn't and write it off as a "one off".