We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Lights occasionally blinking - unsure why  (Read 948 times)

Offline aaron9060

Lights occasionally blinking - unsure why
« on: June 30, 2015, 01:47:16 pm »
I use a lot of Phillips hue lights, lux and multi-color.  Lately I've been seeing the multi-color lights turn on briefly (a few seconds) and then turn off.  I haven't been able to trace it back to anything specific but I do see this in the logs every time it happens:

set_led[27309]: START set_led.sh off zwave from /bin/sh -c /usr/bin/set_led.sh off zwave [27305] with parent /usr/bin/NetworkMonitor [2536]
set_led[27315]: START set_led.sh on zwave from /bin/sh -c /usr/bin/set_led.sh on zwave [27312] with parent /usr/bin/NetworkMonitor [2536]
set_led[27188]: START set_led.sh off zwave from /bin/sh -c /usr/bin/set_led.sh off zwave [27187] with parent /usr/bin/NetworkMonitor [2536]

Any ideas what's goin on here?

Thanks,
Aaron

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: Lights occasionally blinking - unsure why
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 04:50:43 pm »
The set_led.sh script is used to control the LED indicators on your Vera. It appears that your network connection chip/network is going up and down and Vera is turning the Z-Wave LED Off/On.

I would try separating the Hue from Vera for a while to verify if the blinking is coming from Vera or the Hue system itself.

I would also try to determine why the network, or internet access at least, Z-Wave chip is going down and up for Vera.

There is likely more information in your log file. Look for restarts.

Edit: LED being controlled is Z-Wave indicator, not Internet.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 04:57:16 pm by Z-Waver »

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
Re: Lights occasionally blinking - unsure why
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 06:42:59 am »
Do you have any scenes (or Luup code) to set the color of the lamps, executed when vera restarts?

If you change color on a Hue lamp that is turned off, the plugin will switch the lamp on (on its lowest setting), change the color, then switch it off again.  This is because the lamp will not accept color changes when off.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.