Author Topic: Power consumption tablets  (Read 671 times)

Offline Cor

Power consumption tablets
« on: July 01, 2015, 11:16:54 am »
Hi all ,

I have several ( cheap chinese) walltablets now in my house. 
When I leave the house I switch the screen off with autovera/ tasker/ screen fx. Wifi is always on.

Does someone have some info concerning power consumption with these kind of tablets , I do understand that probably every brand will have a difference , I am just trying to get some basic info.

Does the "screen off" , still use "a lot of" energy, is for example the cpu still doing a lot of stuff on the background?

When I leave my house for several days I normally switch the tablets completely off , but is this usefull ? Does it make a "real" difference? Or is switching the "screen off" as good?

On these wall tablets I use imperihome, one walltablet doesn't work with autovera and for this one I use the wake up screen with the front camera of imperihome. I notice that altough the screen appears to be off , it is still lighted during the nights , It looks like the screens is just dimmed.

How is this compared with the "totall screen off"

Hope someone have some more info on this,
Thanks,
Cor

Offline mikee123

Re: Power consumption tablets
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 11:41:32 am »
I use a virtual switch, tasker and autovera to turn the screens off when I go to bed or leave the house. The charger turns itself on/off when needed (tasker again), so I'm not really worried about energy consumption. The charger when its on only uses 6W, and as its not on all the time I'm not that bothered. Turning off the screen definitely saves power, so I think that's worth doing

Offline Cor

Re: Power consumption tablets
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 03:25:09 pm »
Thanks mikee123. 6 watt , at least i have some idea now.

Switching off the screen or switching the tablett completely off , anyone has an idea if that will make a significant difference?

Cor