We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: IR over WiFi using an IR Blaster capable mobile phone?  (Read 1135 times)

Offline JCTiramai

IR over WiFi using an IR Blaster capable mobile phone?
« on: July 07, 2015, 04:24:31 pm »
I just purchased an iTachFlex WiFi and was trying to place it in my living room without exposing too much cabling and thought to myself would it be great if I could use my tablet that has a built in IR Blaster to control my living room instead?  Unfortunately I know nothing about programming and I am just now starting to use scenes on my VeraLite.

I would like to have a DEVICE for each of my home theater equipment that would show buttons similar to an actual remote or as simple as the DLNA plugin control interface that I can assign an IR code to each button.  I have been using an Logitech Harmony 700 remote for the past few years and it has been awesome.  I looked at the Harmony Hub but it has a device limit of 8 and I already exceed that amount of devices.

To control my Xfinity DVR alone I would need over 20 button commands and following the directions for the iTachFlex WiFi plugin instructions, that would mean creating 20 scenes.

I see there is an option to Create a Device and Luup files for %_IrDevice1.xml and %_IrTransmitter1.xml where % = S or D.  I did some searching via the web and this forum and found some bits of info but I have not been able to figure out how to do it.

Could someone let me know if this is even possible and if so where to start?