We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Default Sonos Playlist when Scene Triggered  (Read 1850 times)

Offline martinf79

• Sr. Newbie
  • Newbie... but learning... appreciate the help :)
Default Sonos Playlist when Scene Triggered
« on: July 18, 2015, 09:58:27 pm »
Hi All -

So I have a pretty cool automated scene setup for my backyard.

I have an external motion sensor in my backyard, which when tripped, triggers my Insteon lights to first come on in my bedroom, then in the main hallway, and then the patio lights outside.  This is followed by my Sonos Patio speakers playing a "Dogs Barking" track ... anyone coming into my back yard would truly I will not swear their pants.

Anyway... my problem is, the Sonos Vera player plays what ever the last track that was playing on the patio instead of always playing the "Dog Barking" playlist.  Is there any way to set the Sonos Player in Vera to always play the "Dog Barking" playlist?
VeraLite 1.6.641, DSC PC1864 v.4.6 NA,
Insteon Lighting Controls, Multi-Zone Sonos

Offline pmusselman

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Default Sonos Playlist when Scene Triggered
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 10:17:44 am »
I have not figured this out myself yet but I believe the Sonos functionality you are looking for is called URI.  You have to point the URI location to where the sound file is located.  I am going to be trying this sometime this week because I want my Sonos to play a chime alert prior to playing a message alert.  I think this link will help: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,31431.msg227009.html#msg227009.  Good luck!

Offline ctguess

Re: Default Sonos Playlist when Scene Triggered
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 03:50:26 pm »
Make the playlist, which is jus the dog barking track a Sonos Playlist (in the app, there are sonos favorites, Sonos Playlists, etc.)

Now create a scene and pick the sonos device, the trigger, and the action.  It doesn't matter what action you pick for now...you will be going into the Advanced Editor within the scene where you can delete anything you don't want.

If you've 'next-ed' enough to get tho the Advanced Editor, choose that and then Add action.  A box will appear for you to pick your device.  Pick your sonos and then give it a few seconds to populate the next box to the right with all the available options.  Once that appears choose the PlayURI action.  That will create another couple fields where you give it the details of what you want played.  This is where you will enter SQ:Barking or whatever you named the playlist.  The SQ: prefix tells it that it is a Sonos Playlist. 

I'm sure there are ways to do it without creating the Sonos Playlist...you can give a full path to a file on a network share, etc., but this is the easiest method I've found. 

See the attached picture for a visual of what I've described.