Author Topic: Philips Hue plugin by MiOS (BETA)  (Read 55166 times)

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
Re: Philips Hue plugin by MiOS (BETA)
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 11:45:29 am »
Downgraded from .649 to .619. Removed plugin and re-loaded. Seemed a cleaner install but still having issues. Since I have an entire house of these bulbs, sure would be nice if this worked. Any suggestions andrei ?

Code: [Select]
08      08/09/15 10:33:58.041   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 315 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:PhilipsHue1 action: BridgeConnect <0x31cfd680>
08      08/09/15 10:33:58.041   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument DeviceNum=315 <0x31cfd680>
08      08/09/15 10:33:58.042   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:PhilipsHue1 <0x31cfd680>
08      08/09/15 10:33:58.042   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument action=BridgeConnect <0x31cfd680>
08      08/09/15 10:33:58.043   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument rand=0.11147827189415693 <0x31cfd680>
02      08/09/15 10:33:58.043   Device_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest 315 not ready 0xe3c170 <0x31cfd680>
02      08/09/15 10:33:58.044   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::RunAction device 315 action urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:PhilipsHue1/BridgeConnect failed with -911/Device not ready
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline blong

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 05:21:48 pm »
mcv.andrei, I installed this today and noticed a couple of minor bugs that stopped the initialization routine in L_PhilipsHue2.lua from properly starting (it would not add all lights on bridge to Vera).  I have implemented the use of manufacturer name to allow for use of Cree Connected bulbs as well.  It works on my machine, but your mileage may vary...

I have been using lua to control nearly everything that you have added to this plugin.  Excellent modifications to this plugin... thanks to you and invetlr!

8/11/2015: Corrected minor bug that did not allow plugin to load all lights.  Also added the ability for this plugin to recognize bulbs other than Hue bulbs (e.g. CREE Connected).

8/17/2015: Uploaded files should replace existing LUUP files.  I have added the ability for the plugin to work with the Vera UI "Turn all On/Off" button.  The plugin searches for groups if a "switch off" command is initiated from the Vera UI.  If it doesn't work for you try creating groups of lights.

Warning:  These modifications will likely be overwritten once the plugin is out of BETA status.

See attached .zip for my proposed updates.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:49:21 pm by blong »

Offline mvzut

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 10:37:20 am »
I noticed the Hue, Sat and othr color vars can be set directly from a Vera scene using the Advanced feature.  This also allows you to execute Hue scenes, though I haven't tried that yet;
When I program Hue, Color and Saturation in scenes using the Advanced feature, this seems to work at first, but the lights go out directly after! All lights in the scene turn on to the desired level, and then after a second or so (I guess it takes that much time before the hue/color commands are sent) the lights turn off again. But only the lights for which I configured those extra (hue/color) commands. When I delete those from the scene for a particular light, it acts normal again. I think I did it correctly: using Color Temperature values for the bulbs, and using Hue and Saturation values for the Friends of Hue lamps (which don't support Color Temperatures).

the scenes list appears to be a bit messed up.  I have several entries in the list with the same name.
I have some scenes mentioned up to 12 times! And I can't seem to delete them. By the way, I think the scenes are stored in Hue bridge's memory, right? As I see certain scenes that I created some time ago in an iOS app that I already deleted. Does anybody know how to delete those?

Martijn
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:46:04 am by mvzut »
Vera Edge - 5 x Zwave module (switch/door/water/siren) - RFXtrx interface - ~30 KAKU modules (switch/PIR/smoke) - Netatmo - 6 x Philips Hue - P1 Smart Meter - Opentherm Gateway - Logitech Harmony Hub - 2 x Foscam R2 - 2 x Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I - Imperihome

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 12:57:07 pm »
Your file fixed my issue, much appreciated....

mcv.andrei, I installed this today and noticed a couple of minor bugs that stopped the initialization routine in L_PhilipsHue2.lua from properly starting (it would not add all lights on bridge to Vera).  I have implemented the use of manufacturer name to allow for use of Cree Connected bulbs as well.  It works on my machine, but your mileage may vary...

I have been using lua to control nearly everything that you have added to this plugin.  Excellent modifications to this plugin... thanks to you and invetlr!

See attached for my proposed/updated L_PhilipsHue2.lua.
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline mvzut

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 03:59:12 pm »
I have some scenes mentioned up to 12 times! And I can't seem to delete them. By the way, I think the scenes are stored in Hue bridge's memory, right? As I see certain scenes that I created some time ago in an iOS app that I already deleted. Does anybody know how to delete those?
OK, I dived into this a little deeper, and apparently scenes cannot be deleted via the API (?!). Therefore, most apps just hide the scenes that you want to delete. I ended up performing a factory reset of my Hue bridge, to start with a clean sheet.

Martijn
Vera Edge - 5 x Zwave module (switch/door/water/siren) - RFXtrx interface - ~30 KAKU modules (switch/PIR/smoke) - Netatmo - 6 x Philips Hue - P1 Smart Meter - Opentherm Gateway - Logitech Harmony Hub - 2 x Foscam R2 - 2 x Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I - Imperihome

Offline Jeroenvc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 11:57:57 am »
Just installed the plugin. Pairing went good, responsiveness is ok.
Only my Philips Hue Beyond lamp isn't controlled very well. I'd like to use the group functionality for this. Now the system detects alle individual bulbs (like it should be), but the group for the Beyond lamp as total doesn't update when i edit individual lamps.

What i would really like:
- Group power state indicates on when at least one bulb of the group is on.
- would like to use the color picker for a group of bulbs
- when i change my Vera mode, i can't select an action for my Hue bulbs

If you need any help with testing, let me know.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 07:29:55 am »
To make a regular Vera scene invoke a hue scene, you have to go into the advanced editor and add an the action "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:PhilipsHue1/RunHueScene".  The scene name is a 13-digit integer (looks like a JavaScript datestamp); you can find a scene's name from the hue top-level device's Advanced tab in the BridgeScenes variable.

It's a bit convoluted but for a handful of scenes it's doable.

Offline Jeroenvc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2015, 09:57:33 am »
I want to turn my living room hue lights on for 2 minutes at night when a motion dector is tripped. This scene works like a charm, but now I only want to do this is the lights were off at the moment of tripping. How do I know which variable I have to check in the lua code? Thnx in advance for helping me out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 08:05:16 pm »
I just got a Hue and 2 blooms and installed the plugin. Took some doing to get it to link with the bridge.  The app under Configure kept on telling me to press the "pair with Bridge' button and then the link button on the bridge and then the 'pair with bridge' button again. Link status stays on 'please press the link button on the bridge and hit the pair button again'.
Rebooted the Hue bridge twice and after the 2nd reboot the plugin paired and is showng my 2 blooms and lets me control them.

I like the color picker and the fact that the dashboard icons show a bloom and show the color that is set. Setting the color is most definitely sluggish on a Vera 3 and may need some speed up. It takes  5 to 10 seconds after setting the color to be able to set the intensity.
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline simonclark

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2015, 04:59:22 pm »
I noticed the Hue, Sat and othr color vars can be set directly from a Vera scene using the Advanced feature.  This also allows you to execute Hue scenes, though I haven't tried that yet;
When I program Hue, Color and Saturation in scenes using the Advanced feature, this seems to work at first, but the lights go out directly after! All lights in the scene turn on to the desired level, and then after a second or so (I guess it takes that much time before the hue/color commands are sent) the lights turn off again. But only the lights for which I configured those extra (hue/color) commands. When I delete those from the scene for a particular light, it acts normal again. I think I did it correctly: using Color Temperature values for the bulbs, and using Hue and Saturation values for the Friends of Hue lamps (which don't support Color Temperatures).

Martijn

Hi,  I am getting the same issue.  Have you managed to solve this yet?

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 06:36:13 pm »
Attention MCV: Philips is changing the mechanism by which all clients (such as the hue plugin by MiOS) must generate a username.  See here or here for the details.  The old username mechanism will cease to work in early 2016.

Offline ascari

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 06:18:10 pm »
I have one error
Linking ERROR occurred : invalid/missing parameters in body
What I can do ?

On install
This page contains the following errors:

error on line 2 at column 50: xmlns:u: 'Unknown Service' is not a valid URI
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

OK
Thx
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:25:51 pm by ascari »

Offline ascari

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2015, 04:28:24 am »
Ok now install ok Pair ok.

But very unstable.

andreimios

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2015, 10:16:50 am »
Hi all,

A new beta version is available, use the following link to install :
Code: [Select]
GATEWAY_IP:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8162&Version=28791
New features :

- color picker added to groups;
- new color picker implementation for Hue scenes (on creation or edit); In order to avoid confusion, we decided to name them "Hue Presets"
- support  for Multisource Luminaires;
- All On/Off buttons support;
- select a favorite Hue Preset in Scenes step 2: Actions
- changed mechanism for getting the username - thank you futzle for pointing this out;

!!!NOTE!!!
You will need to install a new firmware on your gateway in order to test this plugin version. This firmware is similar with 7.11 release and contains some changes for the Philips Hue plugin.
Firmware URL for Vera Edge: http://builder1204.mios.com/mt7620a_betafirmware/mt7620a_Luup_ui7-1.7.1424-en-mios.squashfs . Soon I will provide the URL for Vera 3.
Please keep in mind that this is a NIGHTLY BUILD (not fully tested) if you want to install it on your main controller!!!

All the Bests,

- Andrei -
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:21:53 am by mcv.andrei »

Offline ascari

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2015, 03:56:30 pm »
mcv.andrei : I need unistall the other puglin HUE ?