Author Topic: Philips Hue plugin by MiOS (BETA)  (Read 51240 times)

Offline Kaizen

Re: Philips Hue plugin by MiOS (BETA)
« Reply #315 on: June 12, 2017, 10:32:28 pm »
Hi,

N00b questions.... how do I read the values (color, brightness etc.) from a HUE device and then use Luup code when running a scene?

I would like to avoid using simple scenes in UI7 as they don't allow me to set the color of a bulb.

Thank you in advance.

Offline Kaizen

« Reply #316 on: June 18, 2017, 06:10:38 pm »
Okay... so I have the luup code working to change the color of a Hue light.

My problem is getting the values correct. Many have posted about using the "local LampValues" to read hue and saturation. How do I see the output of this function?

Thank you.

Offline hmspain

« Reply #317 on: July 17, 2017, 12:12:23 pm »
Old issue, and I apologize if this has been answered.

Will the Hue plugin ever support Hue motion sensors?
VeraPlus (1); Cameras (6), Sirens (2), Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (42), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Nest Thermostat Gen3 (1), HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline ALcALoIDe

« Reply #318 on: July 30, 2017, 08:06:04 pm »
Hello there. I would like to ask a noob question. I have two philips hue bridges. Is there a way to add both or I will only be able to control just one?

Thanks in advance.
Vera Plus UI7 and lots of zwave devices

Offline ALcALoIDe

« Reply #319 on: July 30, 2017, 08:40:22 pm »
Hi there again.

I installed the plug in (1.50), got the error but at the end, the ok statement. I went to VERA and the plugin was there. I chose one of my fixed hue ip address and got the hue plugin starting. I tried to pair, pushed the bridge button, reseted vera and the bridge, pull my hair off and even shaved my beard, so there is no competition... Nothing.
Stuck with "Hue2 Plugin : Starting up..."

???

PS: I probably am using the latest firmware version... So, will there be an update for this new fw?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 09:06:38 pm by ALcALoIDe »
Vera Plus UI7 and lots of zwave devices

Offline RitterIwan

« Reply #320 on: August 02, 2017, 07:46:13 am »
I understood the 1.50 is a beta release. When will be the final version released?
Will it support HUE compatible products (e.g. from INNR) as well.
I added some extra code in in the lua file of thee 1.28 release in order to run my INNR bulb and the OSRAM Garden Spots. I don't want to loose my INNR buld when I update to 1.50

Offline Ciprian Bacioiu - Bearded Developer

• Bearded Plugin Developer
  • Connected Objects
  • Connected Objects
« Reply #321 on: August 07, 2017, 09:19:58 am »
Hi there again.

I installed the plug in (1.50), got the error but at the end, the ok statement. I went to VERA and the plugin was there. I chose one of my fixed hue ip address and got the hue plugin starting. I tried to pair, pushed the bridge button, reseted vera and the bridge, pull my hair off and even shaved my beard, so there is no competition... Nothing.
Stuck with "Hue2 Plugin : Starting up..."

???

PS: I probably am using the latest firmware version... So, will there be an update for this new fw?

Hi ALcALoIDe,

Did you remove the previous device after updating? Sorry to hear about your beard, no one should ever have to do that! Remove the plugin in its entirety from your Vera unit and then just install the new 1.50 version. Let me know how that goes for you.

Thanks,
Your friendly neighborhood, still bearded, developer!

Offline Nicman

« Reply #322 on: August 16, 2017, 11:16:44 am »
Hi All!

I have installed my Hue bridge and lights without the Hue plugin, are there any downsides to do what I have done? Are there any upsides to use the pugin?

Thanks i advance!
Nicman