Author Topic: Philips Hue plugin by MiOS (BETA)  (Read 92069 times)

Offline tomtcom

Re: Philips Hue plugin by MiOS (BETA)
« Reply #345 on: January 15, 2018, 09:04:06 pm »
I'm lost and probably late to the party. I've had Veraedge for several years using a combo of Z-wave and Arduino Mysensors without much issue. Over Christmas I got an Alexa and integrated it no problem. Feeling confident, I bought a Philips Hue Ambiance kit this weekend and what a disaster. It paired no problem, I could execute Hue scenes from within the plug-in, but when I tried to integrate it into my existing Vera scenes my whole system stopped working. I rely heavily on luup code in all my scenes. Nothing fancy mostly conditional executions, but more specifically basic code I've been running for years. I tried to replace some z-wave dimmers and lights with Hue scenes that I created on my phone. I initially attached each Hue scene to a Vera scene and planned on executing those scenes from within my existing scenes. Again nothing fancy, a motion sensor trips a scene and lights are set based on time of day and light sensor values. Where the code called for certain lights at specific levels, I created Philip Hue scenes that did the same thing and embedded it into a Vera scene that I could execute using luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1","RunScene",{ SceneNum="1"}, 0) in it's place.

The Hue/Vera scenes executed as expected when tripped manually, but when I inserted the above code into my existing scenes they completely stopped working. My LuaPnP was all errors and my luup code was in the log in all red (wished I saved a sample) saying cannot run lua code, expected then after if, expected end, even plus symbols were replaced with %F. It wasn't just the code from the scene I altered, it was code from others scenes I hadn't touched. The dashboard worked but all scenes stopped. When I removed my changes the errors didn't stop and all my scenes continued not working. It only came back with a restored back-up. I even tried it again using http commands to execute Hue scenes directly, but the same thing happened! (and yes factory reset starting code from scratch)

So is this just me? I am not using Hue Color bulbs, just the White Ambiance bulbs. Is this specific to Hue Ambiance lights? Am I missing something? How have others integrated Philip lights into scenes?

Not sure I can help you. I found out after the fact that Hue color lights default to a color and can't be changed. I wanted energize hue scene to set my color lights and my light bulbs are in lamps that already have a z-wave controlled socket. In retrospect I didn't realize how this wouldn't ultimately be the best solution but whatever.

I do not use the scenes in Vera but instead decided to tell Alexa to change to energize scene for Hue which links via IFTTT.

In your case, when I was using a minimote with code from my VL and upgraded to a VP I found it didn't work. My opinion is lua code changed in small manners that might need to be figured out to proceed. However using the Hue versus a native z-wave device might be different. I have had a similar experience with lua code that caused the behavior you describe and had a small nightmare fixing it.

Did you try "test lua code" first to see if that executes successfully? I saw you removed plus symbols and replaced with %F, I do recall some characters caused this issue a while back and I thought that issue was already fixed a few releases ago.

I wonder if the Alexa app's scene control might work better by chance than Vera for what you want to do. It's worth a shot while trying to figure this one out.

Offline gette

« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2018, 01:45:34 pm »
Have to say this plugin (current stable 1.28) could do with a full rewrite as it's showing its age now .... coding "evolution" is probably the best way to describe it  ;D

Maybe this is already being handled internally @ Vera as I've not looked at any later beta?

Anyway, I patched 1.28 to add support for Innr devices BY 165, RS 125, RB 185 C and ST 110.  It should work with others too but I've not got any others to test with.

No support, use at your own risk etc, but works well enough for me both from the web UI and from Scenes ;D

L_PhilipsHue2_lua_PATCH_FOR_INNR.txt = standard merge file
L_PhilipsHue2.lua = modified 1.28 LUA file
I tried to change your modifications to the Ikea Bulbs, but it doesn't seems to work :(
manufactur is: IKEA of Sweden
so i thougt i only change the manufactur name, and it should work?
Any idees?

Offline smargi

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #347 on: January 18, 2018, 12:33:36 am »
Hi..

My plug-in doesn't work after update to the latest firmware it stuck on hue2 plugin staring-up... and nothing happen or work. I try version 1.28 and the latest beta 1.50 but still no luck please help....?

Offline thdj

« Reply #348 on: January 21, 2018, 06:31:42 am »
Hi..

My plug-in doesn't work after update to the latest firmware it stuck on hue2 plugin staring-up... and nothing happen or work. I try version 1.28 and the latest beta 1.50 but still no luck please help....?

Same for me, HUE plugin doesn't work anymore after firmware update  (1.7.3501)
Where did you download the beta 1.50 please ? I'd like to test it.
Thanls
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:33:42 am by thdj »

Offline smargi

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #349 on: January 21, 2018, 04:06:09 pm »
Hi..

Thanls

Hi.

I found ver 1.50 on page 21.

here is the link.

http://your-vera-ip:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8162&Version=33698

it's sad that the most popular light system on the market doesn't have a proper plugin.

Offline thdj

« Reply #350 on: January 28, 2018, 01:38:53 pm »
Hi..

Thanls

Hi.

I found ver 1.50 on page 21.

here is the link.

http://your-vera-ip:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8162&Version=33698

it's sad that the most popular light system on the market doesn't have a proper plugin.

Hmm, doesn't work for me :/
I agree that it's a shame Vera doesn't have a proper plugin to work with the Hue system !

Offline thdj

« Reply #351 on: January 28, 2018, 03:02:30 pm »
Hello

here is what I have when the plugin Hue is trying to start :

LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 126 function PhilipsHueStartup failed [string "module("L_PhilipsHue2", package.seeall)..."]:1285: attempt to index field 'xy' (a nil value) <0x76ae0520>
01   01/28/18 20:25:58.335   LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 126 I_PhilipsHue2.xml failed <0x76ae0520>

Any clue please ?
Thanks

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #352 on: January 29, 2018, 04:41:01 am »
Hello Guys,

I highly advise logging tickets with our Customer Care team. We have identified some issues with the HUE plugin when updating to Vera firmware 7.25 but the support team should be able to address that.

Contact details in my signature.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline thdj

« Reply #353 on: January 30, 2018, 01:44:55 pm »
Hello Guys,

I highly advise logging tickets with our Customer Care team. We have identified some issues with the HUE plugin when updating to Vera firmware 7.25 but the support team should be able to address that.

Contact details in my signature.

Why Vera does not work on a working Hue plugin ? How comes that also Google Home is not supported ? To bad to see a great device not being supported as it should be
You've identified the issues but don't really communicate on them.
With every new firmware comes new trouble and few new features like more connected device :/

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #354 on: January 31, 2018, 06:52:48 am »
I'd love to have all the answers but I'm merely both ways messenger.

HUE updated plugin has made it to code freeze and scheduled for 7.26(next firmware).

Google Home is still on our table but a lot of work to be done. Some closed beta will be announced shortly.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Mai Pensato

« Reply #355 on: February 14, 2018, 05:40:49 pm »
Hi Sorin M.

How is it possible that again a firmware update breaks very widely used plugins ?  And in this case it is a plugin made by Vera !!
What does "code freeze" exactly mean??
I am a Vera user for over 4 years now. Most of this period very happy, but past months I really faced a lot of problems.
When are you going to solve this one with the Hue plugin ?
When can we expect next firmware 7.26 ? Or can hou adapt the plugin ?

Offline rafale77

« Reply #356 on: February 18, 2018, 04:49:25 pm »
I am running v1.28 of the Hue2 plugin on 7.0.25 on a plus and have been troubleshooting the last causes of unintended luup reloads on the vera.
I have 2 vera units: One Vera Plus and one Vera Edge running along with Openluup.
I have been moving my automations and apps from the vera plus to Openluup and the Vera Edge keeping the Vera Plus essantially as a Zwave and Zigbee bridge with only very few scenes and plugins.
I already setup the vera plus NTP to be local. The Vera Plus is still by far the unit which reboots the most often and I have been looking for the culprit.

One observation is that when my DNS server goes down, even if the gateway is up, the Vera Plus instantaneously does a Luup reload while the Vera Edge does not so it is not intrinsic to the firmware causing the reload.

The Vera Plus has:
the MCV Philips Hue plugin (aka Hue2)
ecobee thermostat plugin
which need internet access

while the Edge has:
Vera WWN
Plantlink
Thinking Cleaner

So I am down to the ecobee and the Hue 2 plugins as potential apps causing the luup reloads and I am most suspicious of the Hue2 since the ecobee plugin only ping the API every few minutes and I am always getting instant luup reloads when my WAN is down. I will submit a ticket but this appears to major room for improvement for this plugin. The issue I have with these spontaneous luup reloads is that they tend to leave my Vera in error and unuseable state going into reload luups and when it stops I often get "Error is scenes or startup Lua" which goes away after another manual luup reload.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline Mai Pensato

« Reply #357 on: February 19, 2018, 02:32:33 am »
Hi Rafale,  thanks for your update. I also had a lot of luup reloads making my VeraPlus completely unreliable. Vera support installed a new zwave chip software (4.61) 3 weeks ago and since then the reloads are almost non existing anymore. The Plus works again as it should including the Hue 2 plugin. I have several Hue bulbs. The only disadvantage is I cant restore  backups myself, only support can fo this. This should be fixed in the next firmwsre update. 
My VeraPlus is still on 1.7.2935. I don't dare to upgrade to 3532 because I read Hue plugin does not function anymore. On which firmware version is your VeraPlus and does Hue 2 still function (besides the reloads?

Offline rafale77

« Reply #358 on: February 19, 2018, 01:32:43 pm »
Hi Rafale,  thanks for your update. I also had a lot of luup reloads making my VeraPlus completely unreliable. Vera support installed a new zwave chip software (4.61) 3 weeks ago and since then the reloads are almost non existing anymore. The Plus works again as it should including the Hue 2 plugin. I have several Hue bulbs. The only disadvantage is I cant restore  backups myself, only support can fo this. This should be fixed in the next firmwsre update. 
My VeraPlus is still on 1.7.2935. I don't dare to upgrade to 3532 because I read Hue plugin does not function anymore. On which firmware version is your VeraPlus and does Hue 2 still function (besides the reloads?

interesting... Not quite understanding how the zwave chip firmware could affect this since I assume the edge uses the same. I am running 3501/3500 on my units right now.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline Joenoo

« Reply #359 on: February 19, 2018, 02:26:56 pm »
I'm on 1.7.3532 on my Vera Plus and having zero troubles with Hue2 plugin (version 1.21.0).
VeraPlus, Vera3, RfxcomE, 4X Greenwave NP310-f, 4x Philips Hue, 3x Aeotec ZW089, 3x ZME WallC-S, 2x ZME 05461, 2x Milight, 3x Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1x Vison ZP3102, 4x Sensative Strip. Mobile: Tasker, AutoVera, Autonotification, Autotools, Autolocation, Homewave.
Vera user since: 2014