We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: No Alerts on LAN  (Read 587 times)

Offline dfortier

No Alerts on LAN
« on: July 21, 2015, 08:44:15 am »
**  Just changed the title to a better description and an updated finding.

The plugin has been working perfectly for months, until last night.  I got home and added a few devices and started setting up notifications for the devices and noticed none of them were being sent to my phone.  I checked the logs for the devices and they were showing up.  Just not being sent out.  I tried sending a few instant messages and still nothing.  I tried making a new profile.  Nothing.  Un-registered and re-registerd the app.  Nothing.  Finally, I gave up and went to bed.

This morning while getting ready for work my phone blew up with notifications and every one of my test notification from last night came in all at once!  Now I'm at work and all notifications are coming through fine.

I suspect it has something to do with being on the local lan.  When the notifications all came through I had just walked out to my truck, which sometimes is out of range of my wifi.  Perhaps my phone switched to 4G?

Anyone else have a similar issue?

*** Update.  It's definetly a lan / vs no lan issue.  All of my alerts work when I'm away from my home network.  If I'm at home, I get no notifications until I leave.  As soon as my phone switches to 4G (or any other network) all my notifications come in at once.  I haven't made any changes to the phone app or mios app.  It just started happening.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:30:40 pm by dfortier »

Offline dfortier

Re: No Alerts on LAN
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 01:40:36 pm »
I found this a little further down in the threads.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,31861.0.html

An issue with Android 5.0.1 blocking alerts when on wifi??  I can't confirm or deny exactly when it stopped working so it's possible that this could be the same problem I'm having.  I am running that same phone and version.

It'd be great if anyone else can shed some light on the subject.