We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New TTS engine: MaryTTS  (Read 10517 times)

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: New TTS engine: MaryTTS
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 07:36:09 pm »
I also used it like 20 min ago.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 07:12:52 am »
No problem for me with Microsoft. Just tested.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 07:22:41 am »
@Lolodomo: Thanks for the offer and I do realize you don't want to many parameters for the say command. But would it be possible to incorporate the VOICE parameter so  specific voices can be specified on the TTS tab for MaryTTS? I'm perfectly happy having to type the voicename if it's to much of a programming effort for the plugin to query the defined MaryTTS server for installed voices. The list of locally installed is at http://IP.ADDRESS:59125/Voices . Like others, I prefer to be able to use different voices for different situations.

As I understood, you want to be able to select voice but even to use other options. What I could propose is a generic new additional parameter that will allow to provide additional information to the URL (I will concatene the provided data to the URL). Would it be ok ?

I am not sure at all but I think I already noticed in the past that changing parameters definition for an action could break current action in an existing scene. If that is confirmed, if I do that, every user having a Say action in a scene should update these scenes ! Imagine the number of users that will come here to say the TTS is not working anymore... S I hesitate. But the best would be to take time to confirm or not this fact.

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 12:38:48 pm »
@lolodomo: That idea would be perfect and future proof. I do see your point about possibly breaking other user's scenes. Perhaps an additional  parameter in the device options you could create (defaulting to FALSE) we would have to switch to TRUE for the plugin to use that new action in creating the request? If set to FALSE, it would just use the current way. Is that an option?
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 07:25:35 am »
I do see your point about possibly breaking other user's scenes. Perhaps an additional  parameter in the device options you could create (defaulting to FALSE) we would have to switch to TRUE for the plugin to use that new action in creating the request? If set to FALSE, it would just use the current way. Is that an option?

No, impossible. Each action is defined in a XML file provided with the plugin.

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 12:38:15 pm »
Rats, so much for that idea then.
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline lemrock

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 03:35:09 am »
What am I doing wrong here:

I set up Mary TTS according to the instructions and what BOFH posted. I can run the server and I have been able to download voices. I created a TCP rule for port 59125 and I can access the server locally from a web browser and I can type in text and hear the response from Mary TTS.  I setup the URL on the TTS tab of the web browser, choose Mary, choose English American or just English type some text and hit "Say"....nothing happens.  Did I do something wrong here because it appears to me that Mary TTS is setup properly as a server on my Windows 10 machine.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 09:57:10 am »

I set up Mary TTS according to the instructions and what BOFH posted. I can run the server and I have been able to download voices. I created a TCP rule for port 59125 and I can access the server locally from a web browser and I can type in text and hear the response from Mary TTS.  I setup the URL on the TTS tab of the web browser, choose Mary, choose English American or just English type some text and hit "Say"....nothing happens.  Did I do something wrong here because it appears to me that Mary TTS is setup properly as a server on my Windows 10 machine.

Im gonna guess and say you didn't put en-us in the box to the right of the language "English"?

Pretty much you only need server, English and "En-us". En only doesnt work!

Maybe put a volume or such to make sure you can hear it if your default ia so low.

Offline lemrock

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 10:57:20 am »

Im gonna guess and say you didn't put en-us in the box to the right of the language "English"?

Pretty much you only need server, English and "En-us". En only doesnt work!

Maybe put a volume or such to make sure you can hear it if your default ia so low.
I did put us-en in the box. Normally I would see a file go to Sonos to play but I don't see that happening for MaryTTS and volume is at 75.  I'm sure whatever my issue is it's a minor setup thing I'm missing.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 11:23:43 am »
I did put us-en in the box. Normally I would see a file go to Sonos to play but I don't see that happening for MaryTTS and volume is at 75.  I'm sure whatever my issue is it's a minor setup thing I'm missing.

Well there is not much in Sonos as far as setup for MARY. Here is a pic to maybe help. Do you have port number and http:// on the server?

If this pic don't help we have to look at the MARY server a bit more.

Offline lemrock

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 01:34:35 pm »

Well there is not much in Sonos as far as setup for MARY. Here is a pic to maybe help. Do you have port number and http:// on the server?

My setup tab looks exactly like your pic. My MaryTTS server URL (http://192.168.1.24:59125) does work. I'm able to reach it using a browser.  I setup  my Norton Firewall to allow incoming TCP traffic on that 59125 for local and remote.  I really believe I have it setup correctly..it's just that one thing I'm missing........
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:37:18 pm by lemrock »

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 01:50:37 pm »

My setup tab looks exactly like your pic. My MaryTTS server URL (http://192.168.1.24:59125) does work. I'm able to reach it using a browser.  I setup  my Norton Firewall to allow incoming TCP traffic on that 59125 for local and remote.  I really believe I have it setup correctly..it's just that one thing I'm missing........

Switching over to microsoft server works in the TTS section of SONOS Plugin? If microsoft works but Mary doesn;t then you probley have somthing in the mary Server incorrect. If you can't get either to work it's probley something on the sonos or sonos plugin side.

Offline JuniorJedi

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 01:53:59 pm »
@lemrock, I had exactly the same issue then realised I had a space at the start of my url - http://192.168.1.205:59125

Long shot but double check it.

Offline lemrock

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 03:31:41 pm »

Switching over to microsoft server works in the TTS section of SONOS Plugin? If microsoft works but Mary doesn;t then you probley have somthing in the mary Server incorrect. If you can't get either to work it's probley something on the sonos or sonos plugin side.
The Microsoft stuff works in the TTS section of the SONOS plugin.  When I get home tonight I will look carefully at Mary TTS server but since I'm able to access it through a web browser and it behaves correctly, I do believe it is setup properly..  Thanks to all that are helping me with this.

Offline johnmcc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2016, 01:58:43 pm »
Hi Lemrock did you ever resolve this. I am on VeraPlus running UI7 with MARYTTS on WHS 2011 and have exactly the same issue, you describe. Can access and play from the laptop from Google chrome. So the port is open.

Any help greatly appreciated