Author Topic: ALTUI : Suggestions  (Read 66245 times)

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: ALTUI : Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 10:42:10 am »
On the custom/user pages, it would be awesome to be able to draw a line, or a box.  Better still to be able to define a color for a line/box, and a background color for a box.  These would always be behind other controls.  So the controls can be placed in/on on the box.

good one, I have it in the next version.

Offline dklinkman

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 03:19:33 pm »
On the custom/user pages, it would be awesome to be able to draw a line, or a box.  Better still to be able to define a color for a line/box, and a background color for a box.  These would always be behind other controls.  So the controls can be placed in/on on the box.

good one, I have it in the next version.
Pretty cool.  Thanks!!
VeraPlus, UI7, ALTUI on Chrome, Lots of devices and plugins including MQTT and MySensors.  Also playing around with openLuup

Offline Aaron

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 01:34:35 am »
Virtual devices : Buttons for On/Off
PLEG devices : Buttons for Arm/Bypass
EVL3 devices: Buttons for 'Arm Mode'
Thermostat devices : Buttons for temp change Up/Down & Fan modes - On/Auto/Cycle

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 01:52:29 pm »
Thermostat devices : Buttons for temp change Up/Down & Fan modes - On/Auto/Cycle

Anybody wants to do some of that ? it is not that hard to add a small display plugin into ALTUI and I can incorporate it in the distribution after.
otherwise, could you confirm the device type for EVL3 or virtual devices ? 
regarding thermostat, maybe we have a pb of real estate , any idea / diagram on how it could look like ?
thx !

Online tomtcom

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 04:11:06 pm »

Anybody wants to do some of that ? it is not that hard to add a small display plugin into ALTUI and I can incorporate it in the distribution after.
regarding thermostat, maybe we have a pb of real estate , any idea / diagram on how it could look like ?
thx !

Hi amg0,

My idea would be the 4 temps in a row on one line. The second line would have red and blue up/down arrows (side by side) under the appropriate line above for heat and cool. My opinion is to have the other buttons fill in on each side.

Example:

Ambient|Heat|Cool|Auto
On/Off  |UpDn|UpDn|Auto(dynamic 1 button, click on/click off, change button to reflect name/mode).

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015, 10:09:27 am »

Online tomtcom

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2015, 02:39:40 pm »
ok , trying with http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33308.msg244983.html#msg244983

Very cool. Seems good to me so far for settings with up/down. I have an older unit and so I don't do a lot of button pushing on it for fear it will break on me but cool temp up/down is good. Drop downs look great. Fantastic work.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2015, 12:18:14 pm »
Hi amg0,

it seems your implementation of api.getDeviceState works a bit different. On native UI7 it returns a Boolean false when the variable does not exists, yours seems to return a null. Can you align with Vera's flavour?

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 05:05:25 am »
Hi amg0,

it seems your implementation of api.getDeviceState works a bit different. On native UI7 it returns a Boolean false when the variable does not exists, yours seems to return a null. Can you align with Vera's flavour?

Cheers Rene

I will. Just a question, how do they differentiate from a non existent variable and one truly containing false or "false"?

Offline reneboer

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 06:21:36 am »
Hi amg0,

Cheers Rene

I will. Just a question, how do they differentiate from a non existent variable and one truly containing false or "false"?
Hi amg0,

Welcome back, hope your vacation was as good as mine  :D

It think variables that exist are always stored as a string so would return that. Looking at the Vera js code they do a
Code: [Select]
return !1 on error.

Using this I get an empty string on UI7 but value 'null' in AltUI.
Code: [Select]
var res = api.getDeviceState(deviceID, sid, varID);
if (res !== false) {
return res;
} else {
return '';

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2015, 09:01:45 am »
Ok thx.... Easy fix for me. Will do when I am back. ( still out:-) )

Envoy? de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

EDIT: in V 0.67.646
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:58:25 pm by amg0 »

Offline JS007

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2015, 07:16:26 am »
not sure if possible, but would be nice to see when the last time a devices stats were updated, would help trouble shoot if device working or not

example is a temperature device, if it was last updated a month ago, it would show an issue
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:18:34 am by JS007 »

Offline Aaron

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 01:40:44 am »

thx !

device types...

EVL3 Panel
urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:EVL3VistaAlarmPanel:1

EVL Partition
urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:AlarmPartition:2

Virtual
urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:VSwitch:1

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 10:45:26 am »
not sure if possible, but would be nice to see when the last time a devices stats were updated, would help trouble shoot if device working or not

example is a temperature device, if it was last updated a month ago, it would show an issue

understood but does anybody know if there is a standard way to detect when a device receives an update ?
ALTUI does it on a variable using the history button ( cf screen shot ), but that is only for the changes that are currently recorded in the log( so you depend a bit on when the last log recycle happened ).
I am not aware of a globally available 'lastupdate' variable or something like that on a device although some do have one.

Although kind of crude, you could go to MISC/DEBUG and see the variable search command and put "LastUpdate" in it, at least this could show all devices that have a LastUpdate variable and the value of it.

I could display this lastupdate when it exists on the device control panel pages if that is the only & best way we have

Offline JS007

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2015, 11:07:00 am »
that may work, I just looked and all the ones I checked had no dates in them, maybe it just rebooted, will try again later